gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 08:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How many great bikes have actually been found at the tip?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How many great bikes have actually been found at the tip?  (Read 503 times)

dannywhiteley

In tandem to the how many went to the tip, this questions asks how many have actually been rescued?

I doubt its as many as we would imagine really.  I mean real good finds that go down in legend.

Everytime I check out out local tip all they have are Apollo's or Emmelles.  I imagine pickings are well down on the late 90's and ebay hasnt helped I bet.

Whats your own best find and how often does a good bike turn up in your patch?

magna13

Re: How many great bikes have actually been found at the tip?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:02 AM »
Me and my mate found an Ammaco Styler 500 With Pro class rims, loads of dia-compe bits, shimano, 90's gt bars, loads of SR stuff and quite abit of mongoose stuff too!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I have a mate who bought a Haro Sport from the tip in Leigh on Sea, he paid £4-50 for it, complete with tuffs etc...
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 08:49 AM »
 :) I found a mark 1 Burner on my local tip,was in a right state.Took a few bits off it and put the rest back.I also found a young caveman called Stig.Which was nice......

dannywhiteley

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Stig's now a millionaire living in a mansion in Surrey.  Apparently he made a mint selling all the old BMX's that unknowing parents threw into his dump back in the late 80's / early 90's.

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46 PM »
The Americans find $hit loads in there tips and local garage sales. I see guys picking stuff up on a regular basis on bmx museum. I guess its rich pickings in a country that big with the level of sales they must have had in the 80's   :-\

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:48 PM »
there was a thread on VBMX about a year and a half ago, some geezer had just bought a complete VDC Changa for $50 at a yard sale, straight up  :shocked:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How many great bikes have actually been found at the tip?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx