gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  LIGHTEST FRAME & FORKS MID 80'S
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LIGHTEST FRAME & FORKS MID 80'S  (Read 1002 times)

guitarnutter

LIGHTEST FRAME & FORKS MID 80'S
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:47 AM »
hi i was wondering which company created the lightest BMX frame and forks?  then lightest wheels, handle bars?  and so on.  anyone know the answers to these questions.  Im thinking of maybe doing a project with the lightest QUALITY kit I can find?  Cheers HAGO

Alan

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: LIGHTEST FRAME & FORKS MID 80'S
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:03 PM »
there was a thread on here a while back (sure someone can find it) with all the frame n fork weights and the lightest complete stock bikes BITD the GT pro won it by a nose i think over the hutch. race incs have got to be a good foundation tho i would imagine

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:23 PM »
im pretty sure framne wise most were about the same its the parts that will make most differeces .bars renthal alloy etc etc

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Vitus F+F perhaps .

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Probably the lightest Pro sized frame was the Vitus Dural, alloy tubing and no welding the frame tubes were bonded together.  Not a bad bike but stupidly raked forks from the factory.

guitarnutter

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 08:34 PM »
cheers guys. good to know, i can still see eddie fiola on his GT pro now, i loved the look of that and the TA and the DP.  if you were trying to build the lightest bike of that era using parts from that era, where would you save the most weight?  wheels?  bars?????

Offline funkyfresh

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:45 PM »

Wheels are important not just for their dead weight, but also because you need to accelerate them rotationally..heavy wheels take more effort to "spin up" to speed

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  LIGHTEST FRAME & FORKS MID 80'S

gfxgfx
gfx gfx