gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  dirtbike build.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dirtbike build.  (Read 1905 times)

nosepickben

dirtbike build.
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Just finished off this bike, off out on it when i've washed my hands...

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: dirtbike build.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:17 AM »
very nice, i do like a yellow s&m :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:18 AM »
man oh man. Lovin that! every part of it!  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Id like to offer you something to go on it but I dont think you need to change a thing!

(black tuffs and black wall tires rule!)

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:19 AM »
aaaaw she's lovely!

thats a tasty build right there :daumenhoch:

odyssey guard is a cool touch, black tuffs/tyres look funcky :smitten:

profile drop stem too!

cool as fook ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Hey, Eddie Roman just called me, he said he is remaking Ride Like a Man, and he wants his bike back  ;D :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Well spotted alex, it's an eddie roman/chad herrington inspired build, im gonna watch roman's bit on the beginning of ride on right now.....

tyre slide variations on kerbs for the win  ;D

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Well spotted alex, it's an eddie roman/chad herrington inspired build

Its the sprocket pocket and the black on black wheels/tires that do it. I love eddie roman!  :smitten:
(not so keen on Chad Herrington tho :-\)

Here's some footage of the main man for you. Im not sure if he's on a dirtbike or a mad dog here:
Eddie Roman - Riding & Singing
/>

He also pops up in this, def on a TA here:
Havok Sprocket Pocket Ad
/>

Miko

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Nice build.  Is that 1 1/8" head tube with a 1" fjerk?  Overall that's a nice blend of tough and sassy. 

Alex, those videos are awesome.  Oh, the Havok sprocket pocket.  That takes me back. 

nosepickben

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Nah, it's all 1", no hybrid shit here! The havok ad was ace, pissed myself watching that  ;D  ;D

I really enjoyed that era + scene - timeless.

Chad herrington was a bit of a one-jump pony wasn't he.. I watched ride on last year for the first time since about '96 + couldn't believe how skinny + child-like he looked. Mission trails eh...??

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:43 PM »
take a pat on the back, that things is top notch mate   sweet as 

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08 PM »
know what u mean about chad herrington i used to love his section on ride on, made me learn saran wraps, then saw him at one of the backyard jams and i was very disapointed , seemed like he couldnt land anything and just kept bailing

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 12:13 AM »
I have got a yellow S&M build on the go. Today I was in a bike shop and they had some yellow BMX chains. I really like how the one on your bike looks so I got myself one.  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 02:19 PM »
aaaaw she's lovely!

thats a tasty build right there :daumenhoch:

odyssey guard is a cool touch, black tuffs/tyres look funcky :smitten:

profile drop stem too!

cool as fook ;)

Cheers Joe, it's the frame i got from you. Been a while gettin all the bits right, would've liked some nos tyres but you know how much they bloody cost

nosepickben

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 02:20 PM »
I have got a yellow S&M build on the go. Today I was in a bike shop and they had some yellow BMX chains. I really like how the one on your bike looks so I got myself one.  :daumenhoch:

Nice one, just remember blackwall tyres..........   :D

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 07:05 PM »

Nice one, just remember blackwall tyres..........   :D

No can do on the black walls. Mine is a much earlier frame so its amberwalls .... and a right pain they are to get!  >:(

FIL EBZ

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Nice ride Ben

Fil

nosepickben

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 10:15 PM »
 :'(

I love this bike, been using her as much as poss since i built her but she had an accident.

Riding back from the offy with 10 benson between my teeth i made contact with a concrete bollard in a dimly lit gennell at about 3/4 pelt. Never saw it coming. Hurt every bit of my body except (thankfully) my head, bit the corner off the fagbox too. She now has some deep scratches on her handlebars, around crossbar joint on lefthand side + scratch on frame..... She's a rider in my mind so  i s'pose she now has "character". That's also what the doc in minor injuries unit said about my knees, cheeky bastard.

nosepickben

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Oh, she's had a clean too, + i treat her to a new back wheel, hp48 with sealed hub, and she runs gold shimano sx's instead of those victor dx copies - i bent one jumping out of that drainage ditch near the track at mk. Thinking of putting a peg on her, now she's scratched i may as well grind her don't ya think.....

mamadirt

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Glad you've resurrected this thread as I missed it first time around - lovely looking build - would love a pair of tuffs for my ongoing project but it's cost me far too much already so they'll stay on the wishlist for a while . . . and yep, scratches will just give it soul  :daumenhoch:

chromeOrange

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 10:06 PM »
As said above, good to see this bike. Nice build fella...

Mark.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  dirtbike build.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx