gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  HELP damaged aero pro burner dropout has done just that!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HELP damaged aero pro burner dropout has done just that!  (Read 1357 times)

guitarnutter

Hi all, im new here and i was sent here by some kind people over at burner world, i have had my aero pro in the loft gathering dust for the past 15? years.  Im looking at doing a custom paint job on it and just getting it fixed and then maybe modding it a bit so all help and advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Im going to be painting my bike like no other bike has ever been painted before of that im pretty sure? but first i need to sort out the frame damagae.  PLEASE help and also please feel free to explain everything, im not familiar with a lot of the BMX nomenclature.  and something that will be pretty obvious by now i would think is that i cant spell either.

Cheers

glynnboy @burnerworld said I should try having a word with fuzzynod?

the other side is also slightly twisted.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:52 PM by guitarnutter »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: HELP damaged aero pro burner dropout has done just that!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:20 PM »
1st things first mate, strip the bike completely down to the frame and forks so we can see it clearly, then explain what exactly needs doing on the dropout. Anything can be easily fixed with the right person.... strip it, clean it and wack up some more pics!

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:29 PM »

fuzzynod is the man to speak to, he has just done exactly the same job on the same type of frame

guitarnutter

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:54 PM »
thanks can i private message him?  i cant seem to see the feature?   SORRY sorted the private message thing
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:58 PM by guitarnutter »

guitarnutter

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:41 AM »
im having the frame stripped by a friend and i will then get some more photos of the damage.  cheers again

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:48 AM »
I think I read somewhere about the few changes Ralegh had to make to the new "re-Pro burner". One of them was that it had to have thicker dropouts to be sold in shops now-a-days.

Yours seems to show why  :shocked:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Yup that's going to need the dropouts cutting out and new ones putting on  :daumenhoch:

guitarnutter

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:07 PM »
This damage was not done whilst riding.  i wont go it to it, it's long a boring.  anyway ive taken the bike to bit as best as i can HELP, my mate is going to soda blast it, way less damage to the frame than the normal sand or aqiv.  great for car bodies and other things that yoyu dont want dipped, anyway that not important.

Here are a few more pics.  the front forks are in great condition.

how the hell do i get this undone??  HELP please I is Thic.

dropout pics

and the other pieces.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 06:57 PM »
I would bin it on the basis that its a burner.

Hope that helps :)

guitarnutter

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12 PM »
im begining to think you might be right!   :-\

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:18 PM »

the bb is left hand thread, get a hoofing great flat ended screw driver and twat it with a even bigger hammer that should sort it

magna13

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 08:04 PM »
bloody hell! thats some chewed up dropouts!

guitarnutter

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24 PM »

the bb is left hand thread, get a hoofing great flat ended screw driver and twat it with a even bigger hammer that should sort it

the BB?  twat what bit? sorry to sound dense (i good at it) but twating it with something is how this all started LOL
could you please explain a bit more, i dont really follow

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:16 PM by guitarnutter »

djgivvinup

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 08:26 PM »
I'd quite like to hear the story of how you get dropouts to look like that  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28 PM »
To get the crank off, you need to unscrew that ring thats at the BB. There are 2 slots each side, but no hex or anything to get a spanner on. Get a "hoofing great flat ended screw driver " and tap it round (or "twat it"). You will need to hold the crank to stop it spinning. Maybe put the crank in a vice to really give you something solid to work on. Make sure you turn it the right (or is that wrong) way.

guitarnutter

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:50 PM »
To get the crank off, you need to unscrew that ring thats at the BB. There are 2 slots each side, but no hex or anything to get a spanner on. Get a "hoofing great flat ended screw driver " and tap it round (or "twat it"). You will need to hold the crank to stop it spinning. Maybe put the crank in a vice to really give you something solid to work on. Make sure you turn it the right (or is that wrong) way.

Okay cheers, i think im with you now.  I will go with the twat it option LOL na, not really, unless it starts to play me, then the front forkes will get the treatment too and the skip will get the aero.

perry

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 08:57 PM »
its not a major problem making some new dropouts

whats the car ?  :)

guitarnutter

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Sorry its not mine really, its belongs to a customer, he had it soda blasted by my mate whos doing my aero, the photos are in his unit, he told me what it was but he's done lots now and i forget. 
People do soda blasting mobile, if you saw the shit that flies when he fires up the blaster, it looks like desert storm and people are paying to have it done on the drive ways!!!  they just dont realize what sort of mucking fess their letting them and there neighbour in for, i'd love a picture of their faces, priceless! :2funny:

guitarnutter

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24 PM »
I'd quite like to hear the story of how you get dropouts to look like that  :LolLolLolLol:

Okay it pretty embarasing but, what the feck.
It was a warm hot summer day back in the year 198? and i purchased a shinney new neon pink brake cable i had changed my brake cables b4 and never had a problem, so i took it all to pieces and then attached the new cable and hey presto! it was fecked!  no mater how many times i tried, as the temprature in the sweat box aka garage got hotter, the breaks were either off or locked on. I struggled and struggled and i got knowhere, i then started to see, in the corner of my eye to begin with,  A fine pink mist descending in the room?  I tried the brakes again and it locked on, i let go of the brake lever and it was still locked on , that when i snapped the pink mist was now neon red and before i know what happened, the dropout was broken and the wheel fell kinda off.

guitarnutter

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 08:30 PM »
finally it is stripped, again thanks for your help guy and girls.  also fuzzynod has been in contact so, i just need my mate to strip the back end ready for him so that if he can do it, its ready to post.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  HELP damaged aero pro burner dropout has done just that!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx