gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the misses
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the misses  (Read 1393 times)

bonjoe1

the misses
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:45 PM »
i am getting lots and lots of stick off my old woman about getting back into bmx after all these years >:( she is saying im too old im only 39 any ideas to get her off my back?????

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: the misses
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:49 PM »
Divorce  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

perry

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20 AM »
punch in the face  ;D

joking aside , fook er right off  :yahoo_silent:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 06:39 AM »
I was the same before xmas, but as ive always had a 'hobby' as such, ive always invested my money well enough that she can appreciate I always do my research, have a good idea of what I am doing and am therefore sensible enough to do a few good deals along the way and pic up a few good scores.

Before I got back into BMX, it was old VW's, and before that it was essentially vintage Star Wars toys for a good 10-12 years (got some killer pics if anyone is interested).

As a result, ive had to invest very little of 'our' money into the bikes, as much of it came from selling some Star Wars toys and a few good deals here and there.  She trusts me not to bankrupt us, while there is always a grand or so available in bikes should we ever need it.

Thats the angle I spun anyway...

Good luck...lol

p.s. a healthy paypal balance is the answer to trouble free BMX'ing.  That way you can spend what you want and just tell her is only cost a fiver...

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:44 AM »

bmx or lap dancing, let her decide.

Voodoocars

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 07:02 AM »
If any woman moans at any interests that a man has its usually because they dont have a hobby of their own.My x wife was a useless sloth and had no hobbies.She considered watching TV as a hobby :shocked: My missus now has sporting interests and goes running 3-4 times a week.She has no problem at all with bmx and has even visited the skatepark :daumenhoch: 

JT71

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 07:09 AM »
a few of my wife's work colleagues have made a few snipes about me having a midlife crisis taking up bmx, snowboarding and five a side, my doctor says "lose weight or die" then says "you might want to reconsider your choice of sports".

but it could be worse, I could be in the pub every night couldn't I?

the missus even came to Burner Bash and she's coming to MK. Still haven't managed to get her on a bike though.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 07:12 AM »
get nagged all the time,......when are those bikes going ??? errrr, not sure ? LOL !!

I had a few bikes in the dining room, which pished her off big time,...she even threatened that she was going to leave my Floval out by the side of the road if I didn't move it  :crazy2: (no, you're not having my address  :D), ended up parting a few bikes and boxing them up, so have just 4 built bikes out of 9...,

The BIG, BIG problem, is keeping the cost a secret, I remember sticking a thread up a year os 2 back about what ya tell your missus about how much they cost, she still thinks i pay just over a £100 per complete bikes  ;D

oh and mate, just go and tell her to buy some more shoes n handbags ! LOL !!   ;D

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 07:16 AM »
is she actually taking the p*ss out of you or just pulling your leg?  my Mrs new i loved bikes when we first met....she thinks it's great, although does get a little hacked off now and again for spending to much time on here and not actually speaking to her!  ::) oh and all the bits taking up valuable storage space!  :LolLolLolLol:

but like a few have said already, you could be down the pub drinking all your money down the drain, or gambling or whatever?  try getting her to come along to one of the race or park meets?  let her see that there are lots of us all having the time of our lives on these 'kids bikes'  :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 07:30 AM »
If any woman moans at any interests that a man has its usually because they dont have a hobby of their own.My x wife was a useless sloth and had no hobbies.She considered watching TV as a hobby :shocked: 

I was going to say we must be married to the same person, until you mentioned the running then I knew it wasnt the case...lol

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Tell her it could be worse

it could be crack and whores

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 08:10 AM »
My wifes cool as she knows it's been a big part of my life, part of what makes me me, if that makes sense.

Just point out to her that Dennis McCoy won a comp a couple of weeks back at the ripe old age of 43 and there's a guy who rides at Interact in Burnley who is 52. In fact, Mr Bestwick who is without a doubt THE best vert rider in the world today is 37.

Tell her she an ageist biyatch and tell her fook off. Also tell her if she starts moaning again she'll have to do the housework herself  ;D

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

jackel

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 08:11 AM »

yeh but at least in todays bmx prices
 crack and whores would be cheaper ;D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 08:19 AM »
My missus is fine with it. Only recently she moaned about the parts on the kitchen table but those were to be sold anyway. I think she feels it keeps me busy and takes my mind off a few things i.e. her pending operation, so she's cool with it. I have my GT Pro Performer in the lounge and she hasn't mentioned about it once and my newly painted Haro FST on the kitchen side and she hasn't said about that neither...  so i'm very lucky there....  :daumenhoch: only thing is, she doesn't know how much they cost to build and I don't think it'll be sensible to let her know that, otherwise sparks may fly....  ;D

bonjoe1

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 08:38 AM »
by the way she even had a problem when we 1st met when i was 16 i just think she needs a big slap>>>> :D

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 08:55 AM »
for better or for worse , tell her to stick to her part of the contract   ;)

Voodoocars

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 09:01 AM »
I vote that you bin her off. ;)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 09:04 AM »
She sounds a bit controlling to me , its your hobby , like peeps said there are worse things you could be doing , if what u spend on bmx dont interfere in other things such as bills etc and aint cluttering up the house ,what right has she got to tell u what u can and cannot do

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 09:07 AM »
by the way she even had a problem when we 1st met when i was 16 i just think she needs a big slap>>>> :D

That would have been enough for me, I'd have binned her then!
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Anyway back on to your question , just keep doing the bmx thing mate, she knows where the door is , fooking stand up to her , theres 2 peeps in your relationship(im assuming :LolLolLolLol:) not just her

moley

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 09:18 AM »

Or Crackwhores.

Mmmmm skanky!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Get her along to some meets.   Theres always plenty of ladies around to natter to.   Once she's been there for 10 minutes she be in her element and then you wont be able to keep her away from future meets.   Women love their group chatterings!!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 09:28 AM »

Or Crackwhores.

Mmmmm skanky!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Get her along to some meets.   Theres always plenty of ladies around to natter to.   Once she's been there for 10 minutes she be in her element and then you wont be able to keep her away from future meets.   Women love their group chatterings!!

or she could go round and tell everyone else to grow up and get rid of there bmx s :LolLolLolLol:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 09:36 AM »
One piece of advice i was given by my old work colleague about birds when i was a young apprentice.......set your stall out early son.

Best advice i was ever given and i never get a peep out of the wife about my hobby. She knows i like the practical side, restoring and messing with spanners nd stuff and she has her own interests, studying to become an actress. I have to agree with someone earlier in the thread, it helps when the missus has a hobby and doesnt rely on you to "entertain" them whenever the friggin tv's gone shite.......

Id go reverse pshcology on her and tell her she's boring and if she doensn't get some interests she can move out cos your moving some Lithuanian female students in.....

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 09:38 AM »
when i told my mrs she said i don't mind as long as you build me one :idiot2:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 09:40 AM »
when i told my mrs she said i don't mind as long as you build me one :idiot2: