gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hanebrink forks or similar for bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hanebrink forks or similar for bmx  (Read 2405 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
hanebrink forks or similar for bmx
« on: June 25, 2008, 03:42 PM »
how do they work then? if you wanted to use them with a 1" threaded frame, does the bit that goes in the frame come with them or do they clamp to this? if so, could you use donor ( ::)) forks and cut the shaft off to be used with the clamps on the hanebrinks? what other alternatives are there?

am i aking too much? :LolLolLolLol:

cheers daz

dan-dare

Re: hanebrink forks or similar for bmx
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 04:19 PM »

Hey Daz, I doubt whether these forks come with a threaded steerer tube, probs just threadless. The steerer tube will surely be pressed into the bottom crown, so would be difficult to substitute. Much like modern mountain bike triple clamp forks. May be difficult to use these with a threaded head tube frame. :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:50 PM »
 :) Have a look on the bay,Halfords/Toys R us etc for cheap kids DH/moto x style 20" MTBs & see how the forks on those are constructed.Maybe you could butcher/adapt a pair to fit?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:59 PM »
:) Have a look on the bay,Halfords/Toys R us etc for cheap kids DH/moto x style 20" MTBs & see how the forks on those are constructed.Maybe you could butcher/adapt a pair to fit?

fooook! im not payin toys r us prices :LolLolLolLol:, im gonna have to have a look see, cheers dude :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12 AM »
i'm after a broken pair to make a bong out of

Lazarou

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:27 AM »
i'm after a broken pair to make a bong out of

I remember the S&M Havedank forks ad!!! Hilarious!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hanebrink forks or similar for bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx