gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ron Wilkerson Replicas??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ron Wilkerson Replicas??  (Read 869 times)

Trev

Ron Wilkerson Replicas??
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Has anyone ever done a Ron Wilkerson replica?
Blue Sport with either White or Yellow Peregrines?

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Ron Wilkerson Replicas??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Trev, i have a stock 85 blue sport with white peregrines. Id be interested if anyone else knows the full gear rundown on wilkersons bike though. I remember somebody mentioned a one off seat clamp he was given over here that he ran on every bike??

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09 AM »
I remember somebody mentioned a one off seat clamp he was given over here that he ran on every bike??

He had a "Sly Fox" seat clamp. They were made by a bloke from Milton Keynes and he gave one to Ron at the Kellogg's. There werent many made, and I cant see many of them being left. Most of them were all hand painted, with patterns on them.

The guy behind Sly Fox went on to start Deathbox skateboards, which changed the name to Flip. In the early 90s Flip took over the US Skate scene with a mainly British team. He now lives in California, and is MINTED!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:11 AM »
I remember somebody mentioned a one off seat clamp he was given over here that he ran on every bike??

He had a "Sly Fox" seat clamp. They were made by a bloke from Milton Keynes and he gave one to Ron at the Kellogg's. There werent many made, and I cant see many of them being left. Most of them were all hand painted, with patterns on them.

The guy behind Sly Fox went on to start Deathbox skateboards, which changed the name to Flip. In the early 90s Flip took over the US Skate scene with a mainly British team. He now lives in California, and is MINTED!

mmmm.....not much point in searching ebay for that then :LolLolLolLol: great story though...

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14 AM »

mmmm.....not much point in searching ebay for that then :LolLolLolLol: great story though...

Did I say that I have got one?  ::)     (Well, kinda. A mate of mine has got one, and its on a bike in my shed).

I think someone else on RAD still has one too?

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16 AM »
JEES THATS GOTTA BE IONE OF THE RAREST OR RARE THINGS ALEX

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18 AM »

I'll try and get a photo of it tonight. Its very simple looking, easy to remake. It looks like he found a road frame with a built in seat clamp and cut the top of the seat tube off. Something that I have actually done in the past to make a clean looking seat clamp.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 11:19 AM »
 :) Sly Fox-that`d be Jeremy Fox??? Maybe MatDub can tell us.....???

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:49 AM »
:) Sly Fox-that`d be Jeremy Fox??? Maybe MatDub can tell us.....???

Yep, Jeremy Fox  :daumenhoch:

The last time I saw him was at a bar somewhere in LA about 10 years ago. He was sippin a Whisky tellin me how he was paying Alex Mouls English Mortgage so he could stay in the US and skate. Alex Moul never came back (apart from to visit) but he now skates for Santa Cruz.

As I remember, we had to leave the bar sharpish cos some of the S&M guys were getting rowdy. Stephenson was shouting "Fat wreck-ords" at the top of his voice and Timmy Ball was making himself throw up blood without even putting his fingers down throat (practice I guess). Moeller was trying to chat up a hot girl who had “Trust No Man” tattooed on her back. The night ended with Geoff Cain freaking out and fighting Moeller and Timmy Ball cos they started trashing our rental van. At one point Moeller appeared with a baseball bat, looking for the van saying “lets do some customising”. We drove off without them, leaving them with a long walk home and us with nowhere to sleep that night. Man where have all the good times gone?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31 AM »

I'll try and get a photo of it tonight. Its very simple looking, easy to remake. It looks like he found a road frame with a built in seat clamp and cut the top of the seat tube off. Something that I have actually done in the past to make a clean looking seat clamp.

pics dude pics :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 08:32 AM »

pics dude pics

BUGGER  :-[

I'll try to do it tonight

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 09:41 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 10:44 AM »
(Well, kinda. A mate of mine has got one, and its on a bike in my shed)

Alex...has none of your mates got a shed or garage because you do seem to have a lot of your mates bikes in yours.

Or is that just what you tell the trouble and strife  ;)

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01 AM »
(Well, kinda. A mate of mine has got one, and its on a bike in my shed)
Alex...has none of your mates got a shed or garage because you do seem to have a lot of your mates bikes in yours.

I have a good friend who works in the cycling media. He also does a load of all kinds of cycling, and had A LOT of bikes. A while ago he moved house and I stored (some of) his bikes till he got the new house/garage all sorted. He has started moving stuff out now. I think he only has about 8 bikes and a few boxes with me now. Every time he comes round he takes another one home with him.

This photo was taken last year. The big pile of stuff in the middle-right is all his. The ones hanging at the back, and on the left are mine.

(how off topic has this got now?!)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55 AM »
could you circle the clamp then so we know where to look :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:12 PM »
There is an 84 Sport in there (white frame on the left) but Im not sure Wilkerson rode a Sport that early. Wasnt he still riding a Performer back then?

I think the fox clamp is on a red A-head dirtbike under the window, closest to the wall. The hardest one to get to!
This one, in fact. Shame I didnt take this picture of slighty more of the bike:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 01:41 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

ooo the anticipation, are we gonna be dissapointed like the holeshot thread :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12 PM »
:LolLolLolLol:

ooo the anticipation, are we gonna be disappointed like the holeshot thread :LolLolLolLol:

I don't know about you, but i wasn't disappointed by the Holeshot thread. But then again, the RF1 is my most wanted frame. I've been looking for one for god knows how long. Probably as long as Ratty has been looking for an Ace. Other than maybe an orange street beat, the RF1 is the only other old school bike i would want to build.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 04:03 PM »
ive never had a thing for them, but you could sense a definate hint of anti climax as the thread went on. each to there own, my taste in bikes is shocking :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Here you go.

It really is a very simple clamp. This one is orange, with white dots that are black outlined.

I ALMOST got one once. I came 2nd in a contest at Mons Ramp. First prize was something good, and a Sly fox clamp, 2nd was some awful race gear (that I never used), and 3rd was just a fox clamp. At the time I wished I had come 3rd!

perry

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17 PM »
that looks wicked cool  8)

i might ride around town tomorrow with a hacksaw  ;D :)

were getting massivley off topic but what size seattube frame should i keep an eye out for , for one to fit a 22.2id dirtbike ( id measure but i lack a caliper and a tape isnt terribly accurate )

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Here is my mate Crowmans bike. He cut the top of a road or MTB frame to make the seat clamp. Not far off a Sly Fox one at all! He could have used a smaller bolt tho.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Here you go.

It really is a very simple clamp. This one is orange, with white dots that are black outlined.

I ALMOST got one once. I came 2nd in a contest at Mons Ramp. First prize was something good, and a Sly fox clamp, 2nd was some awful race gear (that I never used), and 3rd was just a fox clamp. At the time I wished I had come 3rd!

at last, cheers alex, thats groovy as fook :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ron Wilkerson Replicas??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx