gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 29, 2024, 10:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  LOS - RAMPAGE OPEN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LOS - RAMPAGE OPEN  (Read 976 times)

QuadPaul

LOS - RAMPAGE OPEN
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I've heard that the new rampage skatepark in Leigh on Sea is now open. :4_17_5: Plus apparently it's open 24/7

Hoping to pop over there tonight for a nose but probably without a bike. Anyone been yet?? What's it like??

billy-bmx

Re: LOS - RAMPAGE OPEN
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:10 PM »
its tiny
nothing to air
a volcano with a big top but mellow a vert wall with hardly any transition
a pritty cool bowl but verry mellow
and some street bits
its a shame
that thats there compared to the old one

Sean 2000

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I went and had a look lastnight.........what a dissapointment.  :(
Completely pointless place, its a half cocked effort if ever ive seen one. I am really p*ssed off about this, it was gonna be my local park.

As Bill said, compared to what was there before, its a real letdown. I will have to reserve full judgment until ive riden it i suppose, but i dont think i will be impressed. Fookin Councils, not a "danny la rue" between em av they?  >:(

Sean.

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Sean save yourself the trip mate, I popped over there late last night with my bike to just have a roll round, but within 5 mins could tell it was crap and put the bike back in the car and left, As you say what a shame the council have managed to balls up another local park!!!

The vert wall is horrible, the bowl is way to mellow and the jump box is landing to flat  :buck2: total rubbish!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:34 AM »
This is really, really annoying......

I had consulted with the council very early on in this project and they promised me they wouldn't spend a single penny with anyone until I'd had sight of the design and build proposals.  We had met at another concrete park and I had explained in great detail how easy it was to build a park wrong, and how following a few very simple rules could guarantee a quality park, built right. Especially important considering the history on that site and how good the old park was.

I really implored them to consult, consult and consult again as they had a very limited budget that had taken a very long time to raise. I made the point very clear that as they insisted in a concrete park, their option for remedial action was nil.

It appears to have all fallen of deaf ears   :(

I'll have a look today. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds...

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15 PM »
we are talking about the original leigh skate park by the tip 
well if its open then it has potential to grow again  even if the idiots never listened to
robs proposals  glad its up and running even thou its a piece of plop   just loved the location and fresh air.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Right.  I've just come back from there.

And

It's not that bad!!!!

However, it is clearly a skater designed park and very skate orientated.  So you have a quite shallow and very mellow bowl, just how skaters like em. A proper vert wall  (tiny tranny, loads of vert), which means its a pain in the arse for us, a nini 1/4 and a slightly odd volcano thing.....  A few streety bits and bobs and there you go. It looks over polished to me and is currently very dusty so we can expect it to be slippery as fook.

I can now see where the councils budget went, a basketball area, hangout area and some weird climbing things. Coupled with new fencing and whatnot there won't have been fortunes left available for the skatepark.

I totally agree it's a shame if we draw comparisons to the old park (I loved that place), but compared to some of the council horrors I've seen in the past, this actually ain't bad.  It's just not for us sadly.

Shame, my idea was better.  Ho Hum, never mind.   :)

WizardWeb

Sean 2000

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Well, looks like even the local skaters are slammin it!

They should stop refering to it as "rampage" aswell.........its not fit to carry the name.  :tickedoff:

Farkin Idiot councils. Cretins they are i tell ya!  ;D

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:56 PM »
is this park near the Gosport BMX track?

WizardWeb

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 06:57 PM »
is this park near the Gosport BMX track?

Nope, Essex mate ! Innit.  ;)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 06:42 PM »
i popped over today to have a butchers
its already coverd in grafitti
and was now were to park
as was rammo down there
altho there was only 4 riders there
and was tiny so didnt even get me bike out the van

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  LOS - RAMPAGE OPEN

gfxgfx
gfx gfx