gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 01:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The future of Old school BMX... ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The future of Old school BMX... ?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: The future of Old school BMX... ?
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I have to say that I love tinkering with me parts and that'll never stop  :LolLolLolLol:

No really, collectors will come and go but i've been collecting for over 6 years now and I don't see that stopping... although I do need to flog a bit...  ::) but I do it because its a good hobby and I love restoring things. Always have, always will. Yeah prices have gone up and some have gone down but I honestly think because things are hard to get, when they do come up they will always do good money, so the investment aspect is there...

I think this credit crunch is a bit of a farse myself (people talking themselves into it etc..) and if a certain part comes up which you've been desperate for it sometime, then you'll just buy it because in old school bmx nowadays, rare stuff comes up every so often and when it does, it always does good money. And if the horders will release a bit more stuff for sale, then that will also start the buying frenzy again.... I think there is a lot more years in it then 3-4, i'd say at least another 10 or more because I for one don't intend to stop collecting and restoring as its great to see the bikes you've always wanted finished off and in your house! 

Matt :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 09:09 PM »
funny thing is we spoke about this 4 years ago that it was at it peak and it wasn`t . just enjoy it and keep doing builds , i most probably got about 20 build to do but when i don`t know but will keep me busy for the next 10 years as so far only done 5 builds in 7 ,8 years of collecting  ::)     
no1stuntmaster on instagram

subwax

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 10:35 PM »
I sawe a set of John de Bruin's prototype Hutch pedals - damn, they are really good, except they have got 8 splines instead of usual 4. He was very insistent that grinding off the 4 extra splines would not be possible, but I didnt think it looked that difficult. I aint no expert, but I could see the chance of exploitation there.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The future of Old school BMX... ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx