gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Aero Reflex HISTORY PLEASE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero Reflex HISTORY PLEASE  (Read 6327 times)

Lazarou

Re: Aero Reflex HISTORY PLEASE
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 11:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with a Reflex! Fine for an OS build on a budget!

spesh

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 12:06 AM »
didnt i read somewhere that there was a warehouse full of reflexes and it got infested with spiders and no one would go in there to retreive them so they were left for years
could be wrong but someone must know

great bike for a first build and that performer/reflex is what started me off on here nearly two years ago
heres my old one

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 09:55 AM »
When i first started going to shiners 5/6 years ago there was a warehouse full of them 200/300+ and it
was the same for the Haros & skyways just loads of them over the years they have dried up now its the
turn of the Aero reflex's not many left now

Sorry don't know any history of them but i'll ask Chris

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I'm sure the f&f was going for £125 bitd, I've seen it advertsied in an old BMX Action mag...will try and dig out the ad and post it up.

As for other history, when I got mine, there was an A4 size leaflet about the Reflex, can't recall what it said but will have a look for that as well :daumenhoch:

Paul :)

Vans Style

JT71

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I'm sure the f&f was going for £125 bitd, I've seen it advertsied in an old BMX Action mag...will try and dig out the ad and post it up.

As for other history, when I got mine, there was an A4 size leaflet about the Reflex, can't recall what it said but will have a look for that as well :daumenhoch:

they all come with that A4 letter it's from Aero and lists Shiners as the distributor. It's not dated, but is pretty old, no "1" after the "0" on the phone numbers. The 01 came in in 1995 so the letters are at least that old, and probably ten years older than that.

JT71

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 03:05 PM »

virtualmeuk

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 03:17 PM »

.............but is pretty old, no "1" after the "0" on the phone numbers. The 01 came in in 1995 so the letters are at least that old, and probably ten years older than that.

looks like 01 736 to me!!

JT71

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 03:22 PM »
yes you f***ing knob, because that's a London number. The code was 01. obviously now it's 0208 or 0207.

if you cast your mind back to when you were less of a retard you will remember the number for your home phone was 0789, where as now it'll be 01789.

I knew there would one mongoloid who pointed that out.

see the shiner number that's 0272, it might have become 01272, but at some point Brizzel numbers got totally changed so they had a 0117 code then a 7 figure number.

kingkeef

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 03:24 PM »

Its in Hammersmith  if anyones interested!!
Fulham and Chelsea But I see none of you really care!   Ive driven passed it and there a skip outside with boxes of F+F  thats where I got mine..

There that made ya look
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:39 PM by Kingkeef »

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Is it the same Aero that made race pants (logos look very similar)?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29 PM »
the very same  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29 PM »
yep.

adam01

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 03:45 PM »
JT71

excellent information there excellent work very much appreciated

Adam  ;)

kingkeef

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Can I ask whats your motive for asking Adam?
I have an Aero too you see  and I love it, shes a great ride

adam01

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 03:53 PM »

just doing some home work and some detective work and the help from you all ~ as i might be interested in buying the company out if there is a company that is.

Adam

kingkeef

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 03:57 PM »
I get the very strong impression it no longer exists. only the reminance of what was there B4.  Im pretty sure that there is no longer ther company at Imperial studios but I can check as I am often in the area. I was there yesterday infact.

adam01

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I get the very strong impression it no longer exists. only the reminance of what was there B4.  Im pretty sure that there is no longer ther company at Imperial studios but I can check as I am often in the area. I was there yesterday infact.

that will be brilliant top man saves me a trip over really appreciated in your time thanks

AD

JT71

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure all that's left is a pile of reflex frame and forks in Shiners. that's it. There is no Aero.

but i could be wrong.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 04:08 PM »
A pile of about 50 left  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 04:14 PM »
yes you f***ing knob, because that's a London number. The code was 01. obviously now it's 0208 or 0207.

if you cast your mind back to when you were less of a retard you will remember the number for your home phone was 0789, where as now it'll be 01789.

see the shiner number that's 0272, it might have become 01272, but at some point Brizzel numbers got totally changed so they had a 0117 code then a 7 figure number.

fook me Joe , have u had your calming pills today :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 04:15 PM »

just doing some home work and some detective work and the help from you all ~ as i might be interested in buying the company out if there is a company that is.

Adam

According to Companies House records, the company was dissolved on 22-01-91.

JT71

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I wonder  how many Alans and Vert-Ego have left? I got about 25, five of which are spoken for.

if I can fire the other 20 out a bit sharpish I might have them last two pallets.  :LolLolLolLol:

virtualmeuk

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2008, 04:24 PM »

fook me Joe , have u had your calming pills today :LolLolLolLol:

I think he must have. He even gave me an ear bashing on messenger...............and strangly the power tripped straight after. Me thinks he blew a fuse! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Always liked Aero's very underrated bikes  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Yep, supposed to ride real nice and at such a low cost, worthwhile building a cheap rider while you still can.

Perhaps we should re-ignite the idea of an AERO RELEX build-off (one was started a couple of years ago but never really went anywhere)?

What do you guys reckon?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Aero Reflex HISTORY PLEASE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx