gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975629 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 04:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Derby BMX CLub.....history
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Derby BMX CLub.....history  (Read 7483 times)

kuwahara

Re: Derby BMX CLub.....history
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 03:09 PM »
thats looks mint whens it ready for gates  (an alan minter)  :daumenhoch:

who's building it 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:12 PM by kuwahara »

Lauren

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 05:48 PM »
should be ready in 2- 3 weeks, will let you all know when our opening day is!
Jason carpenter, clark, kent and joe are building it (dragon downhill)

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 05:56 PM »
yeh,keep us posted when its ready to rip  :daumenhoch:

DaleHolmes

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 07:19 PM »
Looks   rad.  Look  forward to  riding  there  in the next  few  months.
 This what i can remember.
Derby  Greyhound  track was  up and runing  82/83 
 The  first  ever  Brits  were  83  NBMXA   sponsored  by  Halfords.  Winner  got a  Gold  Helmet.
 The last  Brits were  88  on the Greyhound Track
 Alveston Track was  up and running  87  ish  i did race a meeting  87  there i remember.
 Myself  and  a few other made the quad  down the last  straight early  90s  that  caused quite a stink with riders and officials  saying they  were to  crazy!   ha ha    So  small looking at  todays  standards!
 Still they  left them in and they  got  smaller  each year  with the weather.
 More info on the old  Derby  Club  best to contact  Pete, Leigh, Gary and  Betty  Smith  who were involved alot BITD along with  Bob Parkinson  from Shenpar  who  bought in Powerlite and  Cyclecraft  in the 80s and sponsored a  bunch of us.
 Riding  at  Derby  always  good  times.    Good  work  Lauren.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:21 PM by DaleHolmes »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 07:25 PM »
great work lauren,lots of hard work looking at all that  props from dan  :daumenhoch:

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 11:02 PM »
Alveston Track was  up and running  87  ish  i did race a meeting  87  there i remember.

It was there in 87, but it was built around 82/83 originally, when I first went there on my new mk1 super burner. I used to spend most weekends there. I stopped going around 87, when my Aero Pro got nicked and I packed in bmx.

The layout of it changed around 87, to more or less what it was before it was recently bulldozed. Initially from the start hill, the first obstacle was a single low very rounded jump, then into a big right hand berm, which then took you into a left hand berm, then another smallish jump, then the table top followed by the bombhole (always full of water), followed by a small set of doubles, then a big berm that lead onto a set of weird staggered, cut in half doubles. Then it was into a chicane of left hand berm then a right hand one, into the final straight.  It was very, very tame really.

Later when it was changed, the first berm became a jump, and the second berm was left out and grassed over. There was also a big set of doubles added in place of the rounded speed jump in the first straight. The strange cut in half doubles were reinstated fully, and the jumps on the back straight were made bigger and the quad section added some time after.

Even though it was a very tame track I used to love going there, many happy memories of jumping the table top going round the track in the opposite direction. It was the best jump on the track! We used to stack up piles of old car tyres on the table top and try to clear them. That's another thing, the track was edged with semi submerged car tyres. Oh, the memories.......... :)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:28 PM by boogaloo-tramp »

Lauren

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Cheers guys, that really helps!

third straight is nearly complete so shouldn't be too long!

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Cheers guys, that really helps!

third straight is nearly complete so shouldn't be too long!

cool  :daumenhoch:

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Latest news in the Derby Evening Telegraph states that the completion of the track is being held up due to repeated attacks from mindless vandals, which have now cost the contractors £7000, money which has to come out of the contingency fund which the bmx club had set aside for bikes, helmets etc.

This is absolutely typical. Something good is happening around here for once, and what is the first thing the morons do? Try and destroy it. fooking makes me sick. I hope the builders don't get so pissed off with it they leave early, although I wouldn't blame them.

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 05:40 PM »
tossers  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :2gunsfiring_v1:   :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:

super-craig

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 01:52 PM »
read it in the telegraph yesterday , it sucks , people have gone and given their time , knowledge and enthusiasm to help out those that claim they have nothing to do and they get repaid by getting their hard work trashed  :shocked: , i think that a track in derby will be great and i hope it brings out some future champs , their is some talented youngsters out there that just that little bit of support to get them on the right track .
Well done cycle derby team for your hard work , enthusiasm etc   :daumenhoch: 

Lauren

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Yes what you read in the paper is true, they smashed all the digger windows, mirrors, stole the water pump and much more.
the track is 99% complete now, the last straight was rushed as the contractors did not want ot risk leaving the machines there much longer. This is a real shame as it could have been a lot more than it is (although it is still fantastic).
The track will have an opening meeting a bit further down the line but hopefully the club will start to run once the gate is put in which will be another 3 weeks yet.
come down and have a ride!

Lauren

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 05:21 AM »
Yes what you read in the paper is true, they smashed all the digger windows, mirrors, stole the water pump and much more.
the track is 99% complete now, the last straight was rushed as the contractors did not want ot risk leaving the machines there much longer. This is a real shame as it could have been a lot more than it is (although it is still fantastic).
The track will have an opening meeting a bit further down the line but hopefully the club will start to run once the gate is put in which will be another 3 weeks yet.
come down and have a ride!

Lauren

AAAAgggrrrhhhh sh1t like this makes my blood boil  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Is the track open now then Lauren? you have done a fantastic job, massive respect and thanks

:) DINGO :)

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2008, 09:54 AM »
well done  :daumenhoch:
ill pop down soooooon and have a look  :daumenhoch:  :4_17_5:

Lauren

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Cheers Mark, hope you enjoyed the track today! i found your glove by your car so let me know when your next down and i will bring it to you.

Lauren

super-craig

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Hi Lauren , what date is the official track opening ?

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Is the club up and running yet do you have a tinternet site ????????
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Derby BMX CLub.....history

gfxgfx
gfx gfx