gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 09:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Survivors
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Survivors  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Survivors
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Building up 2 bikes at the moment, using the original frame/forks and bars as that was how they came to me, one has the original stickers on and the other has now new GT decals supplied by Del. I'm also using as many survivor parts as I can get my hands on, but also cheating a bit with the odd NOS part  ::). I know these bikes aren't true survivors but a good basis to start from as I quite like the frames with a bit of battle scars, the odd scratch and a tiny bit of pitting, shows they are both used and have got lots of history. One came from the states ages ago, this is the chrome GT Pro Performer early 1985 and the other is an Ammaco freestyler from over here. Both great bikes and both in a very good condition.

If you've got a survivor i'd like to see it, even if it was just the frame/forks you managed to salvage, it'll be great to see your survivors.

Cheers,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

Re: Survivors
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Heres my survivor T/A f&f and Tuffs.  Most of the other parts on it are NOS, and the streetbeat is all NOS.

Do need to take a better pic of the T/A as this is the only one I have.

And heres my survivor Pro-lite Trackmaster XS.  Wont be surviving (in this state) much longer though i'm afriad...lol

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:08 PM by dannywhiteley »

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:53 AM »
My GHP is a true survivor, I added a new brake cable (the one in the pic was crimped) and used XC-II's.

another true survivor is the Schwinn Predator Team Alloy (added plain pad set that is all)

another in true form is Matskybeat's old DB Turbo

then this SE Hauler, all used parts except tyres, grips, pedals, chainring and chain. The frame had new decals applied over cleaned up original chrome.

spesh

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15 PM »
heres my haro shredder bought as a f+f only then added bits of my condor

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:34 PM »
Loving that DB Turbo  :smitten: keep them coming!  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Here are some of my bikes that could fall into the "Survivor" catogry.

The first is a JMC. I got it in the mid 90s for next to nothing. It was built up almost like I have it now but it had skinny wheels. I had it in bits for about 15 years, the frame was even in Devon for most of that. I got it all back and built it up without really doing anything to it. I must get it finished one day.

I got this mk1 Holmes on Ebay. I have changed a few parts, put the correct decals on it but not really done that much to it.

I got this bike for a mate in 94. I built it up for him using 80s parts I had kicking around. I got it back from him a few years ago and replace most of the parts for more fitting bits.

This is just my mate Crowmans bike, like it was in the 90s .... like it is today.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 01:47 PM »
My Dec82 Vector MKII Black Chrome Ltd Ed . Not a true "survivor" build as such but a F+F I still have since buying it new from Hotshot at Kidlington around 84/85 .

The Frame & Forks .

Set up for Street & Racing ( nicked most the bits off my PL20 at the time & raced it at MK once ) bitd .

At MK the day I raced it .

Built it up for MK06 with bits that were lying around ( it did have a chain/cable/pedals when it got there ! lol ) .

munners

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 02:02 PM »
1984 JMC Micromini in original survivor condition. Raced for just one season in 84/85. Just been polished, stripped and cleaned. :smitten:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 02:32 PM »
Very very nice stuff here. I know many don't like survivors but I do love em, especially ones that are still being used as well. Anyone doing up a survivor at the mo?  ???

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 02:33 PM »
1984 JMC Micromini in original survivor condition. Raced for just one season in 84/85. Just been polished, stripped and cleaned. :smitten:

I'm surprised the end of the grips are'nt through because it looks like he never used the brake !  :shocked: .

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 02:45 PM »
This is my gen 1 sport. I got it looking like this

and decided to build it as a factory correct survivor

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Rescued this stock Silver Streak from the USA.... Had a nice, rare Carlise tyre on the rear. It had been bought and used only a few times then stood in a garage until i bought it in 05.... I Cleaned it up and then sold it to a Rad member as i already had a streak and 2 HL Turbos at that time.

This Vector Mark2 belonged to factory rider Darren Bullock and was his roadgoing/ training bike.

Another nice Survivor was this Torker ProX which was stock except the GT bars.

Another stock Streak...This was the second bike i bought when i got back into the hobby in mid 04. I went from Folkestone to South London on the train to collect it. It did have original compII DB tyres but they were sold to a fellow collector for a considerable sum.

My First OS purchase... came from Germany with Hutch mags on it.

Andy Ruffel Team Burner

The infamous Undersea HL Turbo

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Heres my suvivors.

1985 GT Pro, mine since new. Out the attic this year for the first time since 86. Only changed inner cable, & a set of NOS Ame minis,
 as thats was what was there from BITD

Here on a ride out

...then decided to give it a little clean up the other day, got bored & didnt do the wheels, another days job...lol

..and my 1983 Aero Pro, mine also from new.

Got used as my fun bike after it retired from racing when the GT came along.

Still in my mums attic

Was tempted to do a Team Rep with the AP, & get the GT re-chromed, but am in 2 minds as it looks preety good for a 23 year old bike..lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:20 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

munners

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 03:47 PM »

I'm surprised the end of the grips are'nt through because it looks like he never used the brake !  :shocked: .

:LolLolLolLol:

I must be missing someting matt? Cant work out what you mean? ;)

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 03:48 PM »
My GHP Long pretty much all survivor just as I raced it last in 86, some new parts as they didn't make it, new Oakley .5's (Had red B2's), new chain and tyres and chrome GHP pads that I never could get hold of BITD.  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

As it was circa 86 jumping Kong

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:57 PM by R Al »

dan-dare

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Awesome pic Al!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09 PM »
What's with the undersea Diamond Back!  :shocked: ;D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Loving that GHP too  :smitten:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 04:16 PM »
What's with the undersea Diamond Back!  :shocked: ;D

Bought it from a guy in texas.... it took 3 months for him to send it. He insisted on me paying for courior post($424) Total cost $1016 + import duty  ::)  When i got it everything was seized and it looked like it had been ridden from the US via the seabed. The second pic is after i scraped all the coating off back to the chrome and cleaned the parts up.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 04:57 PM »

That'll do for now...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Andy Fun , loved that Pro X when I saw it at Pboro  :4_17_5: .

Munners , there's no brakewear on the rear rim  ;)

munners

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 05:29 PM »

Munners , there's no brakewear on the rear rim  ;)

:LolLolLolLol: You boys have got hawk eyes!! It has got brake ware. ;) The bloke gave me 2 sets of wheels with the bike. The black ones were on it already and the red ones i put on my sons Hutch. These have been used more than the black  as seen below!  :daumenhoch:

Good observation. :LolLolLolLol: And before you ask.......no i dont run that brake in the picture on my sons bike and i never did! It was too big and didnt reach the rim. :LolLolLolLol:

Had to get that in there Matt! :)

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Replaced tyres and polished it up..............spoilt yank I recon :LolLolLolLol:

oh I have the SR pedals I just prefer Suntours

GT Pro Nora Cup

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:56 PM by Bananaman »

othomas2

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Just cleaned....

welsh denny

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Heres my suvivors.

1985 GT Pro, mine since new. Out the attic this year for the first time since 86. Only changed inner cable, & a set of NOS Ame minis,
 as thats was what was there from BITD

Here on a ride out

...then decided to give it a little clean up the other day, got bored & didnt do the wheels, another days job...lol

..and my 1983 Aero Pro, mine also from new.

Got used as my fun bike after it retired from racing when the GT came along.

Still in my mums attic

Was tempted to do a Team Rep with the AP, & get the GT re-chromed, but am in 2 minds as it looks preety good for a 23 year old bike..lol

met adam recently and remember him riding it then and now. once adam's polished the wheels up i'll take some pics with my slr. you'll see how well its been kept. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Survivors

gfxgfx
gfx gfx