gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would you do here ????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What would you do here ????  (Read 1572 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
What would you do here ????
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Ok Mods, if this is in the wrong place, i apologise.

I won an old school BMX a few days back for a very small amount considering what it is.  I paid instantly via paypal and the transaction went through very smoothly. I had my paypal receipt and also a message from the seller saying i appreciate your custom and thanks very much.

I have to collect this bike which is in Evesham in Worcestershire. I emailed asking for a coulpe of different photos and an address for me to travel to. I live in Southampton so it's a bit of a trek, no worrys i was happy with what i won. An email arrived the next morning saying can she have my email address where she can send the photos to. No home address for me though. I send another email thanking her for that and again asking for a collection address and the best night to pick it up. Another mail saying any night next week after 5pm. Still no address for me. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Again i email asking for an address, she is no longer replying to them.

So with me being a postman, i march in to work and address check her postcode, job done, its in a particular area of  Evesham and is one of about 12 named property's.  I also have her full name, so 118-118 is called and i now have a telephone number aswell.

Would you ring it and ask as to what's going on and why wont she give an exact address and a time for me to meet her. ???????

Bearing in mind, she is probably totally gutted that her twice ridden Hutch BMX complete sold for a couple of quid and not the Ł400+ she was probably looking for. She has a 100% feedback at nearly 400+ so is a respected seller.  I don't really want to piss her off even more as i probably have done already with my barrage of emails, but she does have my money and she also has my bike.

What do you reckon guys ?????????????
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:32 PM by Southern Andy »
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

theRuler

Re: What would you do here ????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:15 PM »
go round after 5 and pick it up!!!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19 PM »
 :) Go surprise her & collect it.You`ve done nothing wrong.If she has nothing to hide,then she should have no problem.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 12:35 PM »
go round after 5 and pick it up!!!

I can't really, i don't have an exact address. I would have to knock on every door asking for this person. 

I think i'll have too phone her tonight if she doesn't respond to my emails i have sent her by then.  Would this be classed as rude though ????

macmark

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I've got access to the electoral register but it's a couple of years old. If you PM me the surname and as much of the address as you have I'll see if I can get the door number.

Cheers

Mark

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56 PM »
That's really pants mate!  i've seen what you won and i bet she's well peed off that it went for what it went for! but that's the joy of ebay, if you don't advertise it properly then tough!

the only thing i would warn about though is the data protection act and the way you have used the postcode service at work to obtain her address?  i don't know how you would stand on this if she was to take it further and want to know exactly how you got her number? 

If i did that at work and someone found out i would be sacked.......but the service you used might well be free for anyone to use and therefore okay???

just wouldn't want you to get in any trouble mate  :daumenhoch:

other than that, i would go up the the street and just knock on one door, if it isn't the one i bet they will point you to the correct one! 

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Call her or go round - it's your right.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 01:17 PM »
BTW - just seen the listing. Bargain.  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 01:37 PM »
go to the street then call her and say you forgot what number she was at.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 01:41 PM »
go to the street then call her and say you forgot what number she was at.

there you go..........that's a plan then and there!   :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 01:42 PM »
ring her up, intoduce yourself and tell her you want to collect your bike...ask her what number she lives at on the road name you have...and dont say anything else.

see her response.

macmark

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 01:45 PM »
As you paid with Paypal and the eBay ad clearly states collection only can't you contact them and see if you can get her details legitimately through that way?

Mark

Rooonga

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 01:51 PM »
ring her up, intoduce yourself and tell her you want to collect your bike...ask her what number she lives at on the road name you have...and dont say anything else.

see her response.

Yeh what he said LOL!

Also I though paypal would hold details anyway....

dannywhiteley

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I would call and say you got her details from Paypal.  You paid, and unless she knows the paypal system inside out probably wouldnt realise they dont give it out.

JT71

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 02:30 PM »
and if you arrange to get it picked up, I'll get it and meet you half way to drop it off if you like dude. save you some fuel.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 02:53 PM »
When i get back from work tonight, i'm gonna phone her and just introduce myself, it's the easiest way i think.

Pickle..... I cant get in to trouble mate as it's just a postcode checker. You type in the postcode and it gives you a road.  I think there is one on the Royal Mail website. Unfortunately a whole road normally has the same postcode depending on size. A mile long road may be split in to four codes if you know what i mean.
Her telephone number was got through directory enquiries, and lets face it, anyone can get that.

JT, cheers for the offer mate, i may need you as a back up plan, bring your baseball bat with you , just for protection like.

Cheers for all your info and help  guys.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Here you go m8..... this will get you her addy details.
 You will need to input her eBay id and the item number.... Her details will then be emailed to you by eBay  ;)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/AdvSearch'sofindtype=9#ContactInfo

snav69

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 03:23 PM »
I was watching that auction myself but thought it may not be a Hutch  :-[
I thought Hutch's had a plate behind the BB on the chain stays  :-\
I'm sure i will be proved wrong  :daumenhoch:

Paul  :coolsmiley:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:29 PM »
don't forget to take some RoHipnol with you !  ;)  ;D
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

dannywhiteley

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Put a postcode in a sat nav (two words... sat...nav...) and it takes you right to the road/house in question, so no problems with checking the postcode.

JT71

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 03:46 PM »
baseball bats you say...i have two.  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Don't be soft!!

Go round there and demand you goods!!!

Just keep knocking on doors until someone points you in the right direction.

And take a few burly mates with you just in case it kicks off big time!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Cricket bats are just as effective as baseball bats!!!  :daumenhoch:

Use some hidden cameras too.   We could all do with a laugh!!!  :)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Happy days guys.

Phoned up and she was very helpful, told me everything about it and i even got her address. :4_17_5:  She said that she hadn't checked her Emails, despite me asking about five times including ones she replied to.

Anyway i'm picking the said beast up tomorrow.
The Hutch's history is that there is no serial number on the bottom bracket which if i'm correct,rules out a Pro Raider. I'm sure PK Radman will confirm this ???  Apparently it has never been ridden, it was hung on the wall in her bike shop for over ten years and polished frequently. When she closed the bike shop through finance, it was put in to her spare room and left there for the last few years along with a Murray and a couple of Choppers ( original ones MK1+2) . One of these has been sold and the other goes up for sale in a couple of weeks.

She hasn't look for a serial number on the inside of the rear dropouts as she didn't know there would be one there. Going by the websites Mattdub sent me, very early Hutch's didn't even have serial numbers. So i'm still none the wiser as to what i have bought :LolLolLolLol:  What i do know is that it is a Hutch, it does have Hutch inscribed in the rear brake mount and all the pictures in the museam match up exactly to the pictures i have.

I know for fact it has an Aero seat, California lite pads  and also Araya wheels, it also has an MX brake on the rear but she doesn't know if its a Dia Compe as the little red sticker has gone.

Anyway guys, many thanks for your comments over this and Moley, you're funny. :2funny:

Cheers again guys

Andy

EDIT>>>>>> Forgot this, she's gonna have a look for anymore old bits but she says she does have an old school helmet if anyone is interested, apparently its a Jet Helmet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:24 PM by Southern Andy »

snav69

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Does it have the plate behind the BB  :-\
I saw the auction too late and forgot to ask the seller a question  :(
Its just that i aint never seen a hutch without the plate and i would have expected to see it in the photos on ebay but it don't look like its there  :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-BMX-HUTCH-OLD-SKOOL-80S-RALEIGH-ERA-EXCELLENT_W0QQitemZ110258056257QQihZ001QQcategoryZ56197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just wonder if other potential buyers thought the same as me and thats why it went for a cheap price  , If it is all good then you have a bargain IMHO  :daumenhoch:

Paul :coolsmiley:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I'm now asking myself the same question Paul.

Wont know until tomorrow but it doesn't seem to look like there one is there.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would you do here ????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx