gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  T J Baldwin on the SE website
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: T J Baldwin on the SE website  (Read 1160 times)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: T J Baldwin on the SE website
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Cool :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Nice Updates Jai. Gotta get round to gettin' me an SE this year & back on the track soon as i finished building these silly old school bikes  ;D  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14 PM »
 :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20 AM »
It is a great pic, every time you see it, your thinking how the fook did he pull it :2funny:

Well done Tone and Jai :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:31 AM »
TJ is to SE Racing UK what Ronaldo is to Man Utd.  The star player.

If they existed in BMX, you'd get a good transfer fee for TJ, Jai  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:35 AM »
TJ is to SE Racing UK what Ronaldo is to Man Utd.  The star player.

If they existed in BMX, you'd get a good transfer fee for TJ, Jai  :daumenhoch:

uh oh Jai watch out, Mike is head hunting  :LolLolLolLol:

seriously though, cool stuff getting him on there  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Yeah, watch out Jai.  Get your team signed up to long term contracts  ;)

Just joking.  I know how hard it is to get a good team together so I wouldn't poach riders from other teams unless they approached me first.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 09:34 AM »
There has been a recent case of rider poaching, it annoys me as the smaller sponsor works bloody hard to bring the rider on, the investment in time and money is huge for the small team. Then along comes a big corporate sponsor and thats it, the rider sees the bright lights and is gone. This must leave a very bitter taste in the mouth when it happens, perhaps there is a case for some form of contract, otherwise the smaller sponsor will struggle to see why he should bother in the future, in turn this will spoil the chances of other riders.

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:48 AM »
My philosophy is I don't mind a rider leaving my team if they can get a better deal elsewhere.  It's a small sport, so I guess the riders need to do what they think is best for them.

Only 1 rider has ever left dialled bikes for another team (Dan Whyte).  And Tre Whyte will be leaving later this season once he gets his bike from his new sponsor.  I wish them both well.  I think I've been very lucky with the riders I've had on the team over the years as they've always been loyal.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Sorry Mike, that wasnt a dig at Dan, it was more of a dig at the big corporations who can offer the bright lights. I dont have any issues with riders bettering themselves, just an issue with the poaching. :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Sorry Mike, that wasnt a dig at Dan, it was more of a dig at the big corporations who can offer the bright lights. I dont have any issues with riders bettering themselves, just an issue with the poaching. :daumenhoch:

I know mate  ;)  :daumenhoch:

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34 PM »
All I will say is anybody offered sponsership big or small then take it . :4_17_5:
 I was lucky as Jai took me on blind and most probably  wasnt sure wether it was the right thing to do  :wtf:, the one thing I can say , is that he has helped me alot this year and I feel that when on the bike I am trying to give back what I have been given . I also do appreciate all of your kind remarks as I do like to entertain .   :LolLolLolLol:
TJ :4_17_5:

AL

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 01:28 PM »

Treating a sponsor well and giving them good value, is so important....   If you have a better deal else where and want to jump ship then Ive never had problems with that , so long as you give the old team Manger / owner a signed Photo  "  Thanks for your support etc "    ;)

Alot of young riders forget the old saying ...
............ " You  meet the same people on the way down as the way up "

Handled correctly ...  I think most sponsors would be happy to help an ex rider in the future , with Product .. So long as they left on good terms ..    And didnt  SLAG OFF  the team after they, departed  :4_17_5:....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  T J Baldwin on the SE website

gfxgfx
gfx gfx