gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 02:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Finished - my Hutch XL-24
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finished - my Hutch XL-24  (Read 932 times)

the_wheelie_king

Finished - my Hutch XL-24
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:34 AM »
So after many years of longing I’ve finally built me a Hutch cruiser. I got it from the states as a f&f, had it rechromed, then spent about a year getting the parts together for it. It’s quite an unusual one as it has the frame number stamped on the outside right rear dropout, which is a nice quirk. The geometry is absolutely spot-on and they ride so well; probably the sweetest os bike I’ve ever ridden and perfect for popping wheelies along the prom of a sunny evening. It’s not strictly period correct, but who cares.

I’d like to thank Dave (davevilla) for the grips, Chris (wishI’dkeptmyTA) for the saddle, Carl (Wardy) for the shiny black seatclamp, but most of all Gossa for loads of help building it. Not only did he plumb in the headset and crank, but flogged me the skinwall Comp 3’s for next to nowt, got my seatpost anodized, successfully talked me out of some crap ideas I had for it, and ended up giving me that rear genuine MX1000 as a freebie. Absolutely smashing bloke.

Hope you like it...and while I’m here I thought I’d throw in a pic of my trusty Floval too. Cheers, Bob

FuNMoNsTeR

Re: Finished - my Hutch XL-24
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:26 AM »
That is a beautiful build and rare frame m8  8)  :daumenhoch:
 The reason the serial is on the outside of the dropout lies with the factory. Someone has used a left side dropout on the right by mistake. There are some reported cases of these wrong sided droput frames on Jeroens site: http://users.pandora.be/jjrbmx/hutch/HUTCHrarestuff.html

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:56 AM »
i almost regret selling mine after seeing that, but i'm sure the new owner will do it proud and love it more. looks top mate, can't wait to see what the new owner will do. Why a plate though? if it's a rider.
ding dong

the_wheelie_king

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 02:23 AM »
The plate is purely a nostalgia thing on my part. 10 was my national number for a while bitd

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 03:41 AM »
That looks Superb!  :daumenhoch:

Its great when a build finally comes together after all the effort and even better getting a chance to say thanks to all the Radsters that have helped you along the way.

She's a keeper that one!  ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:57 AM »
Very nice, a clean and tidy build  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

steve Beech TA

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 04:44 PM »

Very nice, well worth the wait :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Looking good  :daumenhoch:. You get a job lot of gold parts then  :LolLolLolLol:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

the_wheelie_king

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Thanks for the comments! It does have to be said that I like my blingy gold...  ::)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Looks good that , not sure about the seatpost but your username explains it  ;)

Paulo

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 08:08 PM »

That's one good looking build you got there. Well done

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Finished - my Hutch XL-24

gfxgfx
gfx gfx