gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oddessey Pitbull brake set up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oddessey Pitbull brake set up  (Read 797 times)

mileyboy

oddessey Pitbull brake set up
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:29 PM »
How do you set these up so that they actually work-or are they just sh1t?

SaMAlex

Re: oddessey Pitbull brake set up
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:18 PM »
1. Get rid of the outer cable stop arm thing. Use a cable hanger, maybe an Odyssey "pozy stop" seat clamp that has a hanger built in (or just go to any bike shop and get a seat clamp hanger and bodge it onto a seat clamp)

2. Now you are rid of the hanger arm, the body of the brake will sit flush to the frame. Use cable ties to hold it hard to the frame. If the cable ties are too thick then you might need to file out a small channel in the ally body for the tie to sit in.

Those are a few of the things I always used to do and they helped no end. BUT, they are still a bit crap.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:37 AM »
Also run a decent cable - pref a pre-stretched type
and a brake lever with a spring return for best results

make sure the cam is well lubed too

i use a PB and have a posi stop, oddy slick cable and a Tech 77 (not spring return)
stops on a dime
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 08:46 AM »
if the cable hanger sits ok (ive never had a problem with this) do all the above but place a good spring, as in pic, this really helps the return and you can get away with using any lever, ive got a pitbull one set up on my assassin with a spring and i use tech 3s on that and its shit hot, pic is of a pitbull 2 but same theory, the cable stretching is a must first tho, or you couls just run it a few days n re-adjust. pitbulls are awesome and worth fookin on with till its right :daumenhoch:

linear cables work best with these as bending the cable to the cable hanger won't affect the perfomance

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:48 AM by OrgasmDonor »

mileyboy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 02:05 PM »
i luv RAD-thanks guys much appreciated

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oddessey Pitbull brake set up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx