gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The South summer series.......WTF is going on
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The South summer series.......WTF is going on  (Read 7550 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
The South summer series.......WTF is going on
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Guys we went to Hersden today and only 6 riders turned out. Whats going wrong? why are we not getting the 30 plus riders we did last year?? Is it something we can sort out?
If we dont get some more riders new and old the Old school will die, I for one would hate that to happen :-[
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The South summer series.......WTF is going on
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 01:24 PM »
If you factor in holidays and the fact that a lot of riders moved onto 40+ this year then we are looking at vastly reduced gates.

Will be worse next year if a few of us move up to cruisers as planned.

We really need to try and promote new riders into the series. We've seen a few new riders this year but I think more are needed.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11 PM »
i would love to race but i just can't commit the time TBH...........maybe one or two races but that would be my lot

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Its a shame tone, as i know you put alot into it, if i lived closer i would be well in mate,  :)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I was up for racing this year but two injurys with one being quite nasty has put paid for a while. :'( :'( :'(

After meeting you guys at Andover i was well up for it, still am but my body doesn't want to play anymore.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:02 PM »
You don't need to be any good to come along and roll around at the back.

The competition at who comes last is quite keenly fought over at most races. I think Humps used to be the master but Sonic is begining to assert his authority on last place quite vigoursly lately.

The old school is for all ability levels and everyone in the class makes it what it is.

We've seen a few new faces this year step up and take part, unfortunately we've also seen some faces dissappear that seemed to really enjoy it last year.

I think where the racing wins over the freestyle side of things is that you can bring your family along to watch and you just chill out with a picnic enjoying the races. :daumenhoch:

Longun

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Credit crunch and oil prices. I can't justify spending £40 on petrol to ride my bike around a track for about 3 minutes even if it is great fun. 

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 04:32 PM »
Credit crunch and oil prices. I can't justify spending £40 on petrol to ride my bike around a track for about 3 minutes even if it is great fun. 

with semis n final its five minutes, and fookin priceless :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50 PM »
what price can yer put on fun at our age ???????? there is not alot yer can do thats cheep now AND fun
i dont drink(much) n dont smoke have kids n a wife that could easy spend me into bakrupcy
fun is not somthing yer get much of !!!!!

hooga1975

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 05:53 PM »
I was intending going yesterday, but I was at a cider festival all day Saturday.  After several pints of Old Goat and Summer Festival Special I was completely fooked!  That cider was strong! I spent most of the day lying on the sofa holding my head and feeling sick!  I will be at the next round though.

sonic-1

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 07:19 PM »
I was intending going yesterday, but I was at a cider festival all day Saturday.  After several pints of Old Goat and Summer Festival Special I was completely fooked!  That cider was strong! I spent most of the day lying on the sofa holding my head and feeling sick!  I will be at the next round though.
well thats the best reson not to have come  :LolLolLolLol:

Longun

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 07:30 PM »

with semis n final its five minutes, and fookin priceless :daumenhoch:

or I could spend £20 on petrol and a whole afternoon riding skateparks.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Well you could, but that would be missing the point wouldn't it.

Competition improves the breed. Riding up a ramp doesn't.  :LolLolLolLol:

eloopnai

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 09:50 PM »
i know i keep saying im coming but something does actually happen and i cant bloody make it
it has pi**ed me off but im still practising at least once a week (was over there 2nite for 2 hours) now im close to a track and im getting better and fitter
nothings gonna stop me from now on touch wood
driving miles to race doesnt bother me could that be the issue though?

the buzz you get from racing around a track is incredible i will hopefully be in this for the long run
and i appreciate the work a certain few people have done to organise all this and by me not turning up could ruin all there hard work and effort so watch out fellas a fitter faster stronger eloopnai will be at the next round  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 08:04 AM »
i think there are 2 or 3 main reasons why i've never made it to any (even though i would love to!)

1. Diesel costing more than gold!
2. Grief off the Mrs for never being at home at the best of times!  :yahoo_silent:
3. family commitments (see No2)  ;D

but that probibly goes for most of us!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55 AM »
i think there are 2 or 3 main reasons why i've never made it to any (even though i would love to!)

1. Diesel costing more than gold!
2. Grief off the Mrs for never being at home at the best of times!  :yahoo_silent:
3. family commitments (see No2)  ;D

but that probibly goes for most of us!

Share the costs and bring a mate who can race as well.  :daumenhoch:

Bring the family and a BBQ and make a family day of it.  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Mate, i could bring me lad but the Mrs would rather stick forks in her eyes than stand/sit and watch grown men ride kids bikes (her words not mine)  :LolLolLolLol:

the diesel cost isn't really a huge issue in comparison to the grief of being out all day and the Mrs not being able to go out as i have the car.............i think Daggers and braintree are about 45 minutes from my house so not a huge effort to get there i guess. 

but i bet i'd be pushing for that coverted last place from race 1!   :LolLolLolLol:

IN COG NEATO

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Guys we went to Hersden today and only 6 riders turned out. Whats going wrong? why are we not getting the 30 plus riders we did last year?? Is it something we can sort out?
If we dont get some more riders new and old the Old school will die, I for one would hate that to happen :-[
HOW CAN RATTY GET 32 points FOR 7th  AND ONLY 6 RACED??????????
HOW DO THE RIDERS FELL ABOUT THAT?????????????????
I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY IF I WAS RACING IN THE SOUTH :rant: :rant:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Ratty paid to race as his name was on the race sheets but withdrew for health reasons just before the racing started. ;)

Ratty turned up with the intention of racing which is at least a lot more than a lot of guy's did, hence he qualifies for points.
 :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 01:07 PM »
:wtf: si if yer bin it big n cant race yer should be out !!!!!!!!! errrr no not if yer payed i realy dont see that as fair !!!!! he was goin to race but we all told him no way were we goin to let him !!!! he might be tough but dont want to see serious injury on the track
     and just to add he couldnt race as i had his inertube as mine had prob with valve , so he had no choice but to sit it out
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:09 PM by sonic-1 »

Rooonga

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 01:40 PM »

As long as it's the same for everyone then I think it's fair.

IE if you turn up to race, then crash out you should be given points for last place on the day too.

British cycling is a bit funny with this. You actually have to start a race to get any points - but I've hurt myself a few times (Yeh - I know LOL!) but as long as I rolled off the start hill I got last place points in the race, so at least i can make up some points.

At the end of the day as long as this is being done consistently, and fairly then everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.

Only prob here is that if you can't race on a day where there's only a few of you racing you'll get more points for not riding at all than if you were to race through all your moto's/semis/finals etc on a day where there is a massive turn out.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 02:37 PM »
Not quite sure what the issue is here? I have finished in 7th place so I get 7th place points.

If you think it was wrong for me to get the points because I never actually raced, then say so.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moomin

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 03:42 PM »

WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE AT LEAST HAVE THE BOLLOX TO REVEAL YOUR REAL NAME TO US, COME ON, DONT BE SCARED I WONT HURT YA, NOT FOOKIN MUCH ANYWAYS.

IF YOU KNEW FOOK ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART THEN YOU'D KNOW EXACTLY WHY HE GOT THE POINTS, HE HAS BEEN REGISTERED TO RACE THIS EVENT FOR AGES, HE WANTED TO RACE, UNFORTUNATELY HE IS FACING LIFE THREATENING FOOKIN SURGERY ON MONDAY AND IT WAS DECIDED TOO DANGEROUS FOR HIM TO RACE.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE STILL, FEEL FREE TO PM ME, I KNOW THE SOUTH SERIES BOYS WILL BE PLEASED TO ASSIST ME IN MY DISCUSSIONS WITH YOU, YOU NO FACED shuffle munsterer.

GET A LIFE AND COME BACK WHEN YOU'VE GROWN SOME BALLS OR LEARNT TO POST SOMETHING USEFUL OR INFORMATIVE ON THE SITE  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 03:59 PM »

:wtf:

Hersden is a fun summer series, not the UCI world cup series.  If the organisers and other competitors are happy for Ratty to do this, then I don't see why anyone else should have a problem with it.

As for the old school rider count being low, if there's a winter series I will take part again.  But for the time being, getting a top 10 regional ranking and my first ever national ranking is top priority.

moomin

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 04:38 PM »
OH, BTW WHY JUST TARGET RATTY?, THERE WERE RIDERS INJURED LAST YEAR THAT RECEIVED LAST PLACE POINTS, DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU START SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO FOLLOW THROUGH INCOGNEATO :2gunsfiring_v1:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The South summer series.......WTF is going on

gfxgfx
gfx gfx