gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  HH Racing Group
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HH Racing Group  (Read 1605 times)

nic968

HH Racing Group
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:47 AM »
 HH Racing Group.....Who?....Well in Pennsylvania,USA there's a firm of master frame builders who have been making racing frames since 1976..Mainly road and track bikes,but they made some BMX frames too...They did a series in steel.aluminium and titanium from juniors to pro xl cruisers,but have recently decided to 'get out of making stock bicycles and going back to our roots in custom frame work'..Unfortunatley this means an end to production of their very special work for BMX,(unless you want something custom built..)

I found out about them through one of the US forums at a time when I was trying to make up my mind about a NS cruiser build..I was determined to get a cro-mo frame,but the S&M and Standards were out of reach.Enter the HH option.They were selling off their old stock (still are), but they had no pro cruisers left...So ebay....Then there it was,a pro cruiser frame,an understanding seller who agreed to ship here...

This was my first venture into NS,and I've used lots of bits I could salvage from my other cruisers..The result is a bit of new,a bit of mid and some old school flavour...It rode like a dream at Brixton....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: HH Racing Group
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:21 PM »
I loved that bike so much. The quality of that frame just oozes class and it's light and responsive. I've had a fair few cruisers and none of them rode as nicely as that did. :smitten:

I'm currently on the lookout for one now I was that impressed.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:29 PM »
that looks nice nic  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Very nice bike.  I'd seen them on't net before but never in the flesh before Sunday.  Hope to see you race it at more meetings this season Nic  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 02:10 PM »
As I commented on Sunday Nick it`s a lovely looking bike, however the chainwheel is on the wrong side of the spider, unless you`re running it like that for alinement  (sp) of course  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Very nice Nic , saw their website a few days back & thought $200.00 was real good if anyone needs a good value V-nice frame .  :shocked: .

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 04:31 PM »
As I said to you at Brixton, that is a very, very nice frame.

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 05:00 PM »
I hope the 2 prototype cruiser frames that have just been built for me turn out that nice. Funnily enough, one is candy apple red and the other a kind of metallic/translucent blue like that.  Should be here next week  :D

nic968

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 05:59 PM »
 Mike..I'm sure your frames will be nice..The Ti frame is awesome and inspired me to keep looking for 'steel' not an alluminum frame..

Bill..The chainring set up was all about alignment ...

Cheers for the comments fellas,buying the frame was a bit of a gamble,but it's all worked out nicely...

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44 PM »
That's very nice :)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:46 PM »
very nice Nic, how long is the TT?

:) DINGO :)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:59 PM »
http://hhracinggroup.com/page8.html

$200 for a quality frame :shocked:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

nic968

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:31 PM »
 TT is 21.375" Mark...And that old Elf seat works a treat on there.. :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 05:55 AM »
TT is 21.375" Mark...And that old Elf seat works a treat on there.. :daumenhoch:

oh yeah didnt notice that  8)

Looking at the pics more closely that looks to be a very very well made bit of kit

:) DINGO :)

se

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 11:30 PM »
One of the best NS cruisers I've seen  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  HH Racing Group

gfxgfx
gfx gfx