gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  titanium bars..... wtf?!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: titanium bars..... wtf?!!  (Read 1951 times)

username

Re: titanium bars..... wtf?!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:23 AM »
Besides being total shite anyways, aren't these "only" $150 new?

macky

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34 AM »

And if they are anything like the Eastern ti frames.... THEY WILL SNAP!!!

Titanium is Great when it's axles and bolts and that.... how light does a bike really need to be??

jedi

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 08:14 AM »
wtf! axels??
i have had ti frames for years an they never snap(not bmx by the way) but axels snapped like they were going out of fashion

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 09:31 AM »
"clearcoated to prevent corrosion"  :wtf: :uglystupid2:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 10:55 AM »
:) Does this seller work for Halfrauds??? My local Shitehut has bottom of the range DBs and GTs from around 2k/01 for £250-£350 that they are trying to sell as "professional BMX bikes" that have the forks on backwards.....

sounds about right mate!  unfortunately people who buy bikes of any kind from them very rarely know a single thing about them!  they will believe anything they are told  :-\

macky

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 04:10 PM »
wtf! axels??
i have had ti frames for years an they never snap(not bmx by the way) but axels snapped like they were going out of fashion

Everyone one i know of who has had the EASTERN ti frame has snapped it!! even heard of quite a few other ppl snapping there's!!

there's no flex in titanium... doesnt twist or bend... it just snaps!!

I know of 1 person who has snapped a ti axle... i have ti axle's... and i go HIGH and landed hard... no problems!! ( touch wood! )

Don't know about any other ti frame's though... mtb or bmx??
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:57 PM by DaveMc. »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 04:36 PM »
i always thought ti frames were quite springy?  well the MTB ones anyways??

jedi

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 08:19 PM »
i have ragged my ti cove hummer off 16ft drops etc...for years!
ti axels last me about a week on a mtb.i would never touch ti axels on my bmx

macky

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:38 PM »

are mtb & bmx axles similar size ( thickness ) ??

darkersomeday

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 08:39 PM »
wtf! axels??

Everyone one i know who has had the EASTERN ti frame has snapped it!! even heard of quite a few other ppl snapping there's!!

there's no flex... doesnt twist or bend... it just snaps!!

utter shite :daumenhoch:

you sound quite the expert for someone that hasnt owned one :LolLolLolLol:

"everyone i know who has had one" how many was that then? i'd be suprised if you'd actually even seen a ti reaper theyre so rare :daumenhoch:

tbh, they must have been fooking stupid to snap such a rare frame, Eastern offered the ti reaper as a "fun bike" to mess around on, NOT a harsh street/park bike, they even went as far as to NOT offer a warranty on these hugely expensive frames,
so why someone would forl out all that cash just to deliberately ride it beyond its limits would be sheer foolishness,

not to mention destroying a work of art :-\

hacks will always break stuff, be it ti,alloy or steel,
i've been running ti axles in my bb and rear hub for near 6yrs and they've never even squeeked,
mind you, i did fit them correctly and maintain them :LolLolLolLol:

that e-bay auction is so fooked though, £570 for bars!
even i'm not that mad ;)

jedi

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 08:39 PM »
yep,pedal axels are!they is what bust   :crazy2:

Obbie

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 09:30 PM »
wtf! axels??

Everyone one i know who has had the EASTERN ti frame has snapped it!! even heard of quite a few other ppl snapping there's!!

"everyone i know who has had one" how many was that then? i'd be suprised if you'd actually even seen a ti reaper theyre so rare :daumenhoch:

tbh, they must have been fooking stupid to snap such a rare frame, Eastern offered the ti reaper as a "fun bike" to mess around on, NOT a harsh street/park bike, they even went as far as to NOT offer a warranty on these hugely expensive frames,
so why someone would forl out all that cash just to deliberately ride it beyond its limits would be sheer foolishness,

Yes he has , Lewis Knowles who rides are local park had a Ti reaper , started flexing all over the place and got a warrenty on it , Eastern swapped it for 2 or even 3 i think new reaper frames (not ti) .

As for axle's and stuff , supose it depends on what you ride like , Paul Ryan usually snaps Ti axles within a few weeks of getting them , and Macky has done 6-7ft airs out of rwx 10footer and landing near flat, and his Ti crank and pedal axle's have been ok .

It's also important that you install these ti parts properly and keep them maintained and kept tight or you will have problems .
Most things are Ti on my bike and the only problems i've had with any of them is my Alone Ti post cracking round the welds on the lugs , but thats coz i have me seat all the way back and i've got a fat arse , lol.

Titanium is a funny type of metal , specialy if it's not profile as some companys use recycled Ti and thats not good , if you go for ti then make sure its made with un-recycled Ti or you will have these problems .

Obbie

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 09:34 PM »

are mtb & bmx axles similar size ( thickness ) ??

Aren't the mtb axles hollow with quick release scures in them ?

darkersomeday

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 11:56 PM »
wtf! axels??

Yes he has , Lewis Knowles who rides are local park had a Ti reaper , started flexing all over the place and got a warrenty on it , Eastern swapped it for 2 or even 3 i think new reaper frames (not ti) .

Titanium is a funny type of metal ,
knock knock

who's there?

ti,

ti who? :LolLolLolLol:

sorry but i still smell bullshit,
Eastern NEVER exported the ti reaper to the uk, i know because i tried!

easterns distributors in the uk would never in a million years warranty a frame that EASTERN THEMSELVES had already announced would NOT be warranted, esp a grey import!!!

maybe i'm just confused about it all as i actually owned one :-\

no i didnt break it ;)
i did let it go because i feared it would though :daumenhoch:

Obbie

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 01:10 AM »
wtf! axels??

Titanium is a funny type of metal ,
knock knock

who's there?

ti,

ti who? :LolLolLolLol:

sorry but i still smell bullshit,
Eastern NEVER exported the ti reaper to the uk, i know because i tried!

easterns distributors in the uk would never in a million years warranty a frame that EASTERN THEMSELVES had already announced would NOT be warranted, esp a grey import!!!

maybe i'm just confused about it all as i actually owned one :-\

no i didnt break it ;)
i did let it go because i feared it would though :daumenhoch:

If they never imported them then how did you have one yourself ? Er maybe same way anyone else would get one , they don't have to import them to the UK for you to be able to get one .  I'll get anypart you want from anywere ya can get it .
And i'm not a liar you fool , so don't make me out to be one , we are only discussing Ti stuff aren't we ? So don't come all high and mighty thinking you know who can get what and what ya can't get in the UK , the lad in question is a friend of Macky and i who had the Ti reaper and he has good contacts with companys and sponsers , so how do you think he got what he got ?
And thats all we were saying and you call us liars and bullshiters .... :tickedoff:
If you don't believe us then ask the lad your self ,,, http://www.myspace.com/lewi_bmx_mad
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:13 AM by Obbie »

macky

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 04:50 PM »
wtf! axels??

hacks will always break stuff, be it ti,alloy or steel,
i've been running ti axles in my bb and rear hub for near 6yrs and they've never even squeeked,
mind you, i did fit them correctly and maintain them :LolLolLolLol:

that e-bay auction is so fooked though, £570 for bars!
even i'm not that mad ;)

Wot the fcuk are you talkin about? "be suprized if i'd actually seen one"   :LolLolLolLol:

I seen two up at Rampworx alone ffs, and rode one... and that's just in one park... and i rode with lewis who snapped his!!

and as for it being a 'fun bike'... the frame alone is $1500.00...

you dont spend that much on a frame if you cant ride it like u want to!!

do you think they are rare because of the price??

i think you've been influenced by the vital bmx vid in the New Skool forum on here......

They say its a fun bike... not that it designed just to be a 'fun bike' to mess around on......

/>

show me one person who would spend so much money on a bike so light and not want to put it through its pace's??

darkersomeday

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 06:33 PM »
i've never actually owned one of these frames but a guy a rampworx had one and i had a go on it,

i like the idea of a ti frame but i'll never own one so i'll just needlessly slag them all off :LolLolLolLol:

i think you might be influenced by what some 15yo posted on bikeguide :LolLolLolLol:

maybe you you need to watch that youtube vid again yourself there mate :daumenhoch:
"regular bike for regular riding"
"wouldnt take it over a set of 40ft doubles"
"people need to understand it is titanium, yes it is light but theres a LIMIT to everything thats out there so thats GOT to be taken into consideration by anyone that buys it aswell"

the fact that eastern offered NO warranty on these frames would seem to be hint enough that they were not up to harsh riding,

i actually sold mine as i had the feelings it wasnt going to take my 15st :LolLolLolLol:

maybe the one you rode was my old bike (brought in from the usa btw)

i think theyre rare because they are mate :LolLolLolLol:
its a fooking $1500 bmx frame,
"starting to produce some in LIMITED quantities"

"not anything super abusive"

find me one for sale? :LolLolLolLol:

tbh this thread was about £570 bars! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 06:38 PM »
man this threads gone to pot   :LolLolLolLol:
what ever happened to you ti eastern joe after steve had it.

darkersomeday

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 06:50 PM »
sorry dan, i'm only being a tw@t :LolLolLolLol:

dunno what happened to her dude, i wish i'd have kept it tbh,
just nice to have a 17lb oddball around ;)

maybe its at rampworx with the rest of them :2funny:

i'll shut up now :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52 PM »
dude it wasnt your comments i was refuring too   :) 

Obbie

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51 PM »
i've never actually owned one of these frames but a guy a rampworx had one and i had a go on it,

i like the idea of a ti frame but i'll never own one so i'll just needlessly slag them all off :LolLolLolLol:

the fact that eastern offered NO warranty on these frames would seem to be hint enough that they were not up to harsh riding,

i actually sold mine as i had the feelings it wasnt going to take my 15st :LolLolLolLol:

maybe the one you rode was my old bike (brought in from the usa btw)

i think theyre rare because they are mate :LolLolLolLol:
its a fooking $1500 bmx frame,
"starting to produce some in LIMITED quantities"

"not anything super abusive"

find me one for sale? :LolLolLolLol:

tbh this thread was about £570 bars! :LolLolLolLol:

Shut up you fool , the one we rode defo wasn't the one you had , don't you even know who you sell your stuff to ?
And as for the warranty issue , the lad did get his swapped as he got it direct from Eastern .
And yes this thread was about Ti bars but then you decide to start being a know it all and doubting what other people say , calling them bullshiters and liars .

And for finding one then they ya go ,,, http://www.evolutionbikeco.com/Evolution_Products_page.html   Half way down the page . And for only $1,199.99  :LolLolLolLol:
And yes , SHUT UP NOW ....   :rant::LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:08 PM by Obbie »

Obbie

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 01:16 PM »
LOL at the titanium knowlage on this thread. you all know naff all about titanium, leave it at that. No really, leave it at that. Argueing about non facts. :LolLolLolLol:

We all no nothing about TI ? hmmmm
Go on then clever cloggs , tell us you knowledge , how much ti is on your bike ? And what Ti parts do you think are worth buying and are not .   Well , this thread seems to be more about who knows more about Ti than just a nice dicussion about some gimp bidding £570 for a pair of bars on ebay when you can get them for $149 , f**kin ROFL .

macky

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Not so RARE at all then at £609.29........    :-X

I'd get one myself but i'd snap it!!   :LolLolLolLol:

and dude, don't be quoting my comment's and changing them to make it look like i've said those things!! ffs!! ???

i've got no problem with ti frames or parts or any1 who use's them, i use a lot of ti part's... i've had no problems!!  :daumenhoch:

I would get one... but i don't wanna pay so much for a frame just to hop around on for fun!!   :-\

think we should move on now!!  ;)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:02 PM by DaveMc. »

jedi

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 05:43 PM »
3-2.3 and 6-4 are what my bikes are made from :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  titanium bars..... wtf?!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx