gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the end price of this is gonna be shocking !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the end price of this is gonna be shocking !  (Read 1437 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

snav69

Re: the end price of this is gonna be shocking !
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Yup its gonna fetch daft money  :shocked:
Remember the one that sold a few months back for about $800 i think  :-\

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:10 PM »
 :wtf:

For a seat clamp...  :idiot2:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:19 PM »
 It Might be rare but it looks a right pile of shite, dont even look nice

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:40 PM »
It Might be rare but it looks a right pile of shite, dont even look nice

You could say the same for most Hutch gear ;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:36 PM »
No offence to cook bros; but it looks like something a schoolkid could knock up in metal work class ::)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:39 PM »
brought to you by the maker of sanderspeeds. non other than sander himself. the n of nos might be more n than you think. It's him for sure, pumerend in holland. what are the chances of 2 old schoolers from pumerend? there is about 10 in the whole of the netherlands and only 3-4 who actually collect. pumerend is small, and out of the way. he is known to have a shit load of gear from being the first to pilfer all the bmx shops in holland, but after the sanderspeed episode i wouldn't trust anything he has. He might have an original, but these items are easily bootlegged/repopped. And after doing aerospeeds, it's not like he's unwilling to go to the effort. Could just be selling off some of his best gear, after all, he has some serious NOS bits and bobs. He was trading under a few names on ebay, i think his real name is sander taphoorn, but as he trades through girlfriends and relatives it's hard to know.
ding dong

magna13

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Yep very expensive!! all for a seat clamp

Arma

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:48 PM »
you collecters are getting worse than  trainspotters  that is plain   Sad  everyone is missing the point i think , what i realy wanna no and shoot me down or educate me if ya like  is,  who after the guys our age is actualy gonna spend money on old skool bikes. in 5 years  they wont be worth a farthing , as who is gonna want them  no new school  rider would unless he got a complete for about 25 quid to hang on  the wall  ,  man i realy dont see a future in it  but tell me ya thoughts on this as its always puzzled me  ,  no offence either  i can see some of it  but not the whole picture  so dont rip me educate me if ya can

othomas2

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 12:22 AM »
you collecters are getting worse than  trainspotters  that is plain   Sad  everyone is missing the point i think , what i realy wanna no and shoot me down or educate me if ya like  is,  who after the guys our age is actualy gonna spend money on old skool bikes. in 5 years  they wont be worth a farthing , as who is gonna want them  no new school  rider would unless he got a complete for about 25 quid to hang on  the wall  ,  man i realy dont see a future in it  but tell me ya thoughts on this as its always puzzled me  ,  no offence either  i can see some of it  but not the whole picture  so dont rip me educate me if ya can

That's my thoughts too... if you got stuff to sell do it now lol....

darkersomeday

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 12:30 AM »

Arma

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 01:26 AM »
i asked a question im not gonna go there again with you  prick  you bounce in like zebadee 

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 07:20 AM »
brought to you by the maker of sanderspeeds. non other than sander himself. the n of nos might be more n than you think. It's him for sure, pumerend in holland. what are the chances of 2 old schoolers from pumerend? there is about 10 in the whole of the netherlands and only 3-4 who actually collect. pumerend is small, and out of the way. he is known to have a shit load of gear from being the first to pilfer all the bmx shops in holland, but after the sanderspeed episode i wouldn't trust anything he has. He might have an original, but these items are easily bootlegged/repopped. And after doing aerospeeds, it's not like he's unwilling to go to the effort. Could just be selling off some of his best gear, after all, he has some serious NOS bits and bobs. He was trading under a few names on ebay, i think his real name is sander taphoorn, but as he trades through girlfriends and relatives it's hard to know.

so it's him then ?!!

old sand n dirt by any other name !

yeah, he sell some choice gear, didn't he sell a rare Hutch Number plate for something like £800 earlier in the year..?!?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 12:35 PM »
you collecters are getting worse than  trainspotters  that is plain   Sad  everyone is missing the point i think , what i realy wanna no and shoot me down or educate me if ya like  is,  who after the guys our age is actualy gonna spend money on old skool bikes. in 5 years  they wont be worth a farthing , as who is gonna want them  no new school  rider would unless he got a complete for about 25 quid to hang on  the wall  ,  man i realy dont see a future in it  but tell me ya thoughts on this as its always puzzled me  ,  no offence either  i can see some of it  but not the whole picture  so dont rip me educate me if ya can

I have a friend who is 25.... he restored from scratch a T/A, Ripper and a Mongoose Cali. There is some young blood out there who love oldschool stuff too. BMX racing will be at this years Olympics.... exposing it once again to a worldwide audience of billions. How many middle aged ex bmxers will then re-discover the sport for them and their kids and want that 80s Ripper they always dreamed of? How big will the sport become in the future? Who knows..... 
  There are some serious American collectors and i believe there will always be a market in the US for OS BMX stuff.... they love history.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 12:58 PM »

The same peeps who are spending now , dont end at 40, bmx will still be going strong(olympics) and u will always get peeps interested in where it started, its a part of history and will always be collectable, also i think you ed be suprised at how much of the youth love these o/s rides, obviously not as strong as n/s, but still nice to ride in the summer over the park . How much would a penny farthing fetch now :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Just a thought , i aint built mine for money , so they may be worth fook all in time to come , which i very much doubt, i ve done it cause i wanted to, its nice to have the bikes now that you couldnt have when you were a nipper. I rely on me work , not wether these bikes are gonna go up in value

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 02:52 PM »
People are still buying and restoring Model T fords that weren't alive when they were originally wheeled off the production line.

I have a young guy that's always pestering me about finding him a penny farthing.

There will always be a market and we were lucky enough to be in when most things were almost affordable.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 03:28 PM »
These bikes and parts are rapidly becoming antiques. I ve noticed there has been another 500 members join here in the last two -three months , the os is getting bigger , some , not all of your sons on here love em , and then in turn pass it on to their mates and mates mates, come on , new school rocks for strength and durability, but old school rocks for looks and individuality and are cool as fook

cherrypicker

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 04:06 PM »
 :daumenhoch:  My sentiments exactly brother Wardy

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 02:42 PM »
i won an se racing ripper seatpost off him a week ago and he hasn't told me the postage cost a week later.
is he trustworthy or could it be snide?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 06:36 PM »
sander was ok if not wierd. but hey, pat's wierd and we like him.  8)
he's dutch. that really is an excuse, trust me. doub't it's snide unless he has 50 or so. I like ribbing sander, it's a sport. His collection is probably ten times better than anybody here.
i'm bored with collecting, i want to start riding more. nerve's gone a bit though. (by bit i mean a lot) everytime i want to pull a stunt the word mortgage flashes before my eyes. I wouldn't buy that old crappy seatclamp though for that dosh even if i was mad into collecting, it looks shite. Some people must earn way more than me and like bmx or need to get a life and spend it on holidays and fast women, not sure where they lie. Looks like part of a electrical ducting clamp out an old factory. cooks stuff is nice, but that's a bit of a misnomer.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the end price of this is gonna be shocking !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx