gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tange ARX aero forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tange ARX aero forks  (Read 2562 times)

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Tange ARX aero forks
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:49 AM »
im going for a new project and just digging out some spares for selling, does anyone know what i can ask for on a pair of 1983 Tange ARX aero forks?
they are in good condition with a bit of decal damage and minor pitting which im hoping will clean up with coke and tin foil.
they are not off the frame yet so unsure how straight they are etc but look all good!

ta!  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Tange ARX aero forks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:38 AM »
As someone once told me when i was lookin for a set...

"Common as Muck..Chuck"

£35 new/NOS from VERT-EGO             http://www.vert-ego.com/forks.htm  (go to forks)

Work it out from there. Burner boys may be interested as they were stock on the chrome Aero Pro (and blue on the Team)  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:48 AM by Brandy Truffle »

othomas2

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:56 PM »
I'd say about £20...

I've noticed quite a few of these forks have an inwards rake... and in some cases appear to be slightly bent (the way of the shine doesn't help either)... perhaps some are but there seems to be too many around for this to be true. I bought some NOS from vert and they are dead straight ... so it varies.

Just thought I'd mention this incase it was a concern. Anyone care to comment further about this ??

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Im after a pair of these if anyone has any. I know i can get them new for £30 but I think Im going to mod the drop outs so Id rather get used ones.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:02 PM »
why do you need them if your modding the drops? will any round tange forks do?
ding dong

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:08 PM »
why do you need them if your modding the drops? will any round tange forks do?

Any fork where the leg hangs down below the axle really. They are in the same style as the very first S&M forks, and I might make new drop outs so they look even closer.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:18 PM »
got a spare tange whatnot lying around, like them only different drops. You want?
ding dong

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 06:55 AM »
got a spare tange whatnot lying around, like them only different drops. You want?

Yeah man, thanks. Send me a pic, I will probably have them. PM sent  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tange ARX aero forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx