gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ride out 85 GT
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ride out 85 GT  (Read 883 times)

series.1.rs.turbo

Ride out 85 GT
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:37 PM »
Took my GT up the Taff Trail last week for a blast, took a coule of pics so thought I would share them with you.

Weather was great, trails were dry & smooth....great.....overtook a group of 30 teenagers on those moutain bike thingy's, whilst popin a wheelie & their  adult team leader called me a radical BMX Bandit....Ha Ha !....I honestly was in tears with laughter...lol....he couldnt believe I was 37 & the bile was 23 !...lol  :2funny:

Had a great day, great scenery, great weather, really enjoyed it.

anyway, heres some pics I took when I stopped for a smoke  :)

hope you like  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:39 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Ride out 85 GT
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:03 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: At least you got the guts to do it mate.

I've just ridden mine locally around the estate and i don't half get weird looks, i feel really silly riding it now.  :-[ :-[
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

magna13

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:55 PM »
good on ya mate  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Top man :4_17_5:

Nice spec on the GT fella :shocked: cranks, stem, seat clamp :daumenhoch:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Nice bike...   :)

Top marks for not being afraid to use it...  :daumenhoch:

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Andy:  Tryed giving it some over some jumps, but come a little unstuck, cleared them, but at pace, couldnt make a burm affair, so touht, naff it, I will jump that aswell...lol.....sheer drop the other ide....ahhhhhh....stayed on but must of looked well funny....lol :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I use it a lot recently, done 2 sets of gen comp III's since January, needs another set soon, if the weather is good you cant keep me off it !....lol

Fook them & their funny looks mate, just pop a wheelie ! Some youngster said to me that day, WOW mate, thats like the first BMX ever made !....lol

magna: CheeRS mate  :daumenhoch:

Bananaman: Thanks, used to race it BITD, had a secret Hutch fetish...but had to keep it quiet as was sponsored by a GT dealer !  ::)  ;D

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Nice bike...   :)

Top marks for not being afraid to use it...  :daumenhoch:

ride it like its stolen mate, does take a little more abuse than it should, but I just love riding it, to be honest just as much as I did as a kid....prehaps its like the wife says....Ive never grown up....lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:12 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

magna13

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Andy:  Tryed giving it some over some jumps, but come a little unstuck, cleared them, but at pace, couldnt make a burm affair, so touht, naff it, I will jump that aswell...lol.....sheer drop the other ide....ahhhhhh....stayed on but must of looked well funny....lol :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I use it a lot recently, done 2 sets of gen comp III's since January, needs another set soon, if the weather is good you cant keep me off it !....lol

Fook them & their funny looks mate, just pop a wheelie ! Some youngster said to me that day, WOW mate, thats like the first BMX ever made !....lol

magna: CheeRS mate  :daumenhoch:

Bananaman: Thanks, used to race it BITD, had a secret Hutch fetish...but had to keep it quiet as was sponsored by a GT dealer !  ::)  ;D
no probs mate, old bikes should be rode like they were intended to!

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Don't show those cranks to Gashead mate. :LolLolLolLol:

I think i'll take one of mine for another spin tomorrow, you've given me the confidence now to bomb about on it, shame i need stabilisers these days. :LolLolLolLol:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

magna13

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:52 PM »

I think i'll take one of mine for another spin tomorrow, you've given me the confidence now to bomb about on it, shame i need stabilisers these days. :LolLolLolLol:

Why, what have my cranks done to him ???  ::)

Get out on it mate, you dont know what your missing, & you get some exercise aswell....lol

jackel

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 08:00 PM »

Why, what have my cranks done to him ???  ::)

Get out on it mate, you dont know what your missing, & you get some exercise aswell....lol
check gasheads wanted post then show him this post to send him over the edge
totally off topic but my mates just bought a series 1 as a runabout.hes got a concourse in a bubble as well i had my last one about 5 years ago non custom and there fookin heavy on the steering :)

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 08:04 PM »
I see.... said the blind man to the deaf man  ;D

Tell your mate to get over to www.seriesoneturbo.com , he might find it interesting.

Can you remember the reg of your non custom, as I know someone that compiles a database which is on the above site, & the RSOC ???

He is currently trying to work out how many non customs are still known of  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:09 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

jackel

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 08:10 PM »
c718 bhx i,m sure that was my custom
my custom was c898fvs i thing
c69 ntc was jays

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Which is the non custom mate ????

jackel

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 08:19 PM »
lol first one was its meant to say non custom not custom  :D   c718bhx
c898 fvs was my superchipped custom i had in 94
c69 ntv was my jays one of my mate
boggy who,s just bought the new one is on the rsoc and everything he has been for years ;)

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 09:10 PM »
...lol....nice one....will pass on the info.

I will have proberly alked to him over on the RSOC, Im the Number 1 spammer over there  :2funny:

welsh denny

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 09:14 PM »
the spot you took those pics is where me, evo, veysey etc used to ride some very odd jumps. don't know if they are still there as we started riding the various sk8parks which were popping up around cardiff instead.  havn't been down that way for 12 years now.
when we get some good weather and i know a few of us are out riding i'll let you know. pm me a mobile or phone no.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Denny Dude....whaaaattttss uuuuppppp?????

Yeah, the jumps are still there mate, they are the ones I thought I was Greg Hill on.......lol...been visiting old spots mate

PM on its way mate, but no showing off, I will just try to pretend I can still jam & hurt myself !..... :2funny:

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 11:36 PM »
Good to meet up today mate , see you next Saturday  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:13 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 11:18 PM »
Went to a ramp comp that Denny was at taking pics @ the weekend, took this on the way home

Thought it deserved a clean today, been out the attic since January, been up there for 20 odd years....lol

Got stuck in there, soaked the chain etc...got bored & didnt do the wheels, so a job for another day...lol

Looks loads better in the flesh, pics are from my phone so not the best.....

welsh denny

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 08:01 PM »
once you've clean up as much as you want it i'll take some pics with the slr. on a nice sunny day it'll show how bling it looks. :daumenhoch:

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Nice one mate, when you next out & about ??? :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ride out 85 GT

gfxgfx
gfx gfx