gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A bad Haro copy...  (Read 7178 times)

bmxer4ever

Re: A bad Haro copy...
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2008, 10:58 AM »
this also has gotta go to some other page i dont read !!!!!!

Bmx Chat perhaps?
Along with the Haro headtube sticker thread.
Then you might not be so grumpy all the time, mmmm?

mark 2

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2008, 11:21 AM »
I sent him a mail earlier saying it was snide and this was his response :

The Bike is definately the geniune article, bought it myself in the mid 80s from the USA.
The C in the serial number stands for custom, because I ordered a special one with seat strengthening plate.
If you want to check ask Haro and get back to me.

I don't sell fakes!

Then again screw it, don't check and miss out on probably one of the rarest haros on ebay.

This was custom built by haro in the mid 80s.

Seat strengthener is a common mod for pro bmx, unless you've forgotton what really happened in the 80s?!?!

Check it yourself!

From Mark

Well done for coming on and explaining but this reply from your mate dug a very big hole for you and made someone look not too bright  with all the fairy tales and bull shit. Just plain and simple dishonesty praying on someone being naive enough to believe it. Greedy and unforgivable behaviour.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Did it actually sell?

Or did the winner not want it as the listing stated there was no obligation to buy.

ChrisG

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2008, 08:07 PM »
I wish I could say that bidder number 3 was Bill Gates and instead of a cash deal, he just swapped me his big fat dirty Sunseeker yacht for my custom made unique god knows what bike-but I can't.

The bike is still down with my mate Mark and I still own it.  We could not pull the auction because there was a bidder on it so the most we could do is put up a disclaimer.  My interest in what my bike is, is not so I can throw it back on ebay but to know what I have kept for all this time.

In my opinion, fair play to Mark because he was doing me a favour by selling the bike for me and it was me who said - This is A Haro Freestyler - as a mate he believed me and stood by his decission even though he was told differently.  In my and Mark's opinion,the bike is lovely - Its not as if we did not recieve bids is it.

If you don't mind I want to Thank those who did bid-I hope you get the bike you want

And yes- I am going to pick my bike up, take some more pictures of it and see if by posting them on here and anywere else you can recommend, find out where my bike came from.  So Please if you know of someone who would be happy to go on Mastermind and have their topic of knowledge as BMX bikes of the eighties, then show him a picture of my bike-

If the bikes not a Haro, then it would be great to peel off the haro decals and stripe it up as it was meant to be!!!!

djgivvinup

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2008, 09:24 PM »
We could not pull the auction because there was a bidder on it so the most we could do is put up a disclaimer.

I'm pretty sure you can pull any auction regardless of how many bids the item has received, aslong as its 12 hours before the auction ends?  ::)

Sorry just had to mention it  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 11:28 PM »
this also has gotta go to some other page i dont read !!!!!!

pat, i reckon youre in the wrong section mate....this is primarily an old school site....hence, why most of the stuff in here is old school, if its new school freestyle stuff youre after, check tthe new school section.  :police:
and youve just really made me make myself sound like a penis......cheers...  :LolLolLolLol:

Dave

haro, how do you do

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 11:42 PM »
although...thinking about this one...it should be in bmx chat i think.....

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2008, 08:03 AM »
You may never find out what this is... in about '83 or '84 I bought a snide Redline 500a from Hong Kong when I was over there on Holiday, the frame/forks were almost identical to a mate's redline back here, I had loads of people fooled to what it was but the only difference was the welds and the serial number was wrong and in the wrong place. Needless to say I managed to snap the frame after a couple of months but it was cheap as chips and there were loads of other nice "copies" in the shop at that time, just mass produced POS made to look like something else.

ChrisG

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2008, 07:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can pull any auction regardless of how many bids the item has received, aslong as its 12 hours before the auction ends?  ::)

[/quote]

Sorry mate-I know as much about selling on ebay as I do about BMX bikes!!!! 

Not doing too well am I !!!

macky

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07 PM »

Sorry mate-I know as much about selling on ebay as I do about BMX bikes!!!! 

Not doing too well am I !!!
[/quote]

Well, this a Great place to learn!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx