gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A bad Haro copy...  (Read 7175 times)

potstu

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: A bad Haro copy...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13 PM »
 :wtf:
I hope somebody doesn't get stung with that POS  :-\  :'(

adam01

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:21 PM »
 :wtf: as been done to it .    absolutely destroyed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:42 PM by adam01 »

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:59 PM »
I sent him a mail earlier saying it was snide and this was his response :

The Bike is definately the geniune article, bought it myself in the mid 80s from the USA.
The C in the serial number stands for custom, because I ordered a special one with seat strengthening plate.
If you want to check ask Haro and get back to me.

I don't sell fakes!

Then again screw it, don't check and miss out on probably one of the rarest haros on ebay.

This was custom built by haro in the mid 80s.

Seat strengthener is a common mod for pro bmx, unless you've forgotton what really happened in the 80s?!?!

Check it yourself!

From Mark

bmxer4ever

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Weird. It's like a Haro crossed with a Firebird.

Anyone ID the "Serial Number"? And where's the coater bracket? Very curious.

Strangely enough, I plated up my '87 Master at the seatpost as that's EXACTLY where the damn things used to break first....

This one could run and run....

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:10 AM by bmxer4ever »

2020mad

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:49 AM »
 ??? jurys out on this one. i'm no haro expert.  i would say good repair bitd ?

macky

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 03:22 AM »

whats that smell...................       i know.....          it's Bullshit!!  ::)

I dont believe it for a second!!  :yahoo_silent:

I hope someone on here can do something with that serial No.

Looks more like a Dp!!  :-\

Must be loads of Haro experts on Rad!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 03:42 AM »
He went to all that trouble to buy that custom frame and stuck a load of crap parts on it  ::)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 07:58 AM »
Unless its some kind of prototype, which is unlikely i would have thought. Its got the wrong shaped rear dropouts, serial on the outside, why would tehy decide to put it on the outside of the left dropout instead of the inside of the right rear?? No way in my book, has a few similarities but there were a few haro snides that looked better than that, orion made one so did a US department store.....although, who can be sure :LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 08:34 AM »
Liar.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 08:47 AM »
This is a weird one.... :-\

It has many Gen 1 similarities, machined head tube, the down tube gusset looks right, the serial number could be a Torker serial number. The rear drop outs are similar but they're not totally flat on the bottom. I suppose if it's custom he would be given a choice whether he wanted a coaster bracket on or not and bitd I never used one so if it had been me I would have said no too. The forks aren't in view but looking at the thickness at the top they're definitely not typical Haro forks that they used for the majority of Gen 1's, Masters and Sports.

If I'm honest I'm not 100% sure but I would be tempted to check his story out purely because of the serial number.

It all come out int wash....as they say in Yorkshire!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

wolfybmx

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:54 AM »
i have one of these exact frames.

as people have mentioned it appears to look like a gen 1 if you take a quick glance but has features from the dp firebird. the quality of the welds are very good as well i think some one mentioned before when i needed a frame id was that it was a manufacture from europe that had produced these back in the day.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 08:57 AM »
the only thing that will come out in the wash is the bullshit that just fell out of this blokes mouth and spilt on his shirt.

as bob says, why would anybody order a custom built frame and fork set, then, (no disrespect to the burner boys) kit it out with raleigh burner parts.

Dave
haro, how do you do

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 09:00 AM »
i have one of these exact frames.

Take some pics of your one and send them to the guy.
Better still, put yours up on ebay as a "FAKE HARO" and include a link to that guys sale  >:D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I have also emailed this geezer and will expect a similar reply. Told him that its a fake and a poor one at that! We'll see.... fooking hate twats like this  :tickedoff: :knuppel2:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 09:06 AM »
as bob says, why would anybody order a custom built frame and fork set, then, (no disrespect to the burner boys) kit it out with raleigh burner parts.

Dave.....not everybody had rich Mummies and Daddies to buy us all Flight Cranks etc. Not a dig at you mate but my parents weren't exactly loaded when I was a kid so my bike didn't always have the best parts on it. Then when I started doing milk/paper rounds and all that sh1t I could afford to buy better stuff.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 09:11 AM »

Dave.....not everybody had rich Mummies and Daddies to buy us all Flight Cranks etc. Not a dig at you mate but my parents weren't exactly loaded when I was a kid so my bike didn't always have the best parts on it. Then when I started doing milk/paper rounds and all that sh1t I could afford to buy better stuff.

But like Dave was saying .... I bet you didnt get a CUSTOM made Haro with your paper round money

magna13

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 09:19 AM »
the 1st half of it looks haro but the rear end looks dp. what could this be???  ??? ??? ???

djgivvinup

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I'm far from a Haro expert & i have never actually owned one, but that bike just doesn't seem right to me...the welds don't look very good? the headset & crank look cheap & nasty like the sort of thing you would get on a copy of one of the big manufacturers bikes (i've had few of them) and the parts are all rubbish...Bitd if you were to save up all your pennies or hassle the hell out of your parents to import you a custom gen 1 freestyler, after all the saving or badgering of your folks would you really fit it with the cheapest crap parts you could find knowing that you have one of the best frame & fork sets in the country?
Its like buying a ferrari chassis & bodykit & fitting it with parts from a robin reliant  :idiot2:

Theres my ten pence worth  :LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 09:23 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 09:28 AM »
To be honest. we used to do exactly the opposite of this. we'd get a cheap bike when we started, slowly replace the crap parts with good ones, then, once we'd saved up the dosh, get a good frame to go with the good parts.....

The euro copy theory is a good one. And Gen ones were made in '82 and '83, so if it's a mid eighties custom order, I doubt it would be like this, it would look more like a MASTER..

Yep, this one IS gonna run and run!
With real ones going for a grand, is it any wonder there's gonna be a fake market cropping up too?!

adam01

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 10:34 AM »
...but what the F@@k is this pile of poo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200226379127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

i have just bid on it , it looks a bit strange damn what have i done

AD  :uglystupid2:

Old_Skool71

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 10:49 AM »

Couldn't agree more, although my parents were far from poor i had to (post Night Burner, which they bought) buy all my bmx stuff from money i earned from my pt time job i started at 14, and when i very first got my 85 Haro Sport f&f i had sod all money for good quality parts and most of them came from my Firebird which in turn had come from my Night Burner, it took quite a while before i built the Haro up to an acceptable standard, and even then the parts were only mid-range quality and a lot of the snot nosed mummies boys at the Inverness competitions used to snigger at the dodgy parts on the sweet Haro frame :Aresehole: s

Andrew :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 10:51 AM »

Ad retract your bid fast dude!

...but what the F@@k is this pile of poo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200226379127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

i have just bid on it , it looks a bit strange damn what have i done

AD  :uglystupid2:

adam01

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 10:52 AM »
 :wtf:    (Serial number in this picture) T601C061

can the HARO Gang help on this one as i have placed a bid

AD

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx