gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MANSFIELD WHATS THE NEWS THEN?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MANSFIELD WHATS THE NEWS THEN?  (Read 2636 times)

spillers#1

MANSFIELD WHATS THE NEWS THEN?
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Come on phil etc what happened at mansfield national ?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: MANSFIELD WHATS THE NEWS THEN?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:52 PM »
It was all good Lee  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Lee, you missed a cracking national mate.  Track was sweet and there were some good battles in all the motos.  South represented by me, Bill, Phil and Jon Moore.  Jon won today (crashed in A-final yesterday) and I think Phil won B-final both days.  Me and Bill were in the mix (we were 1 and 2 into the first corner in the B-final today), but got swooped in the tricky first turn.  Loving racing at the moment  I'm off to Bristol South West regional next Sunday!

wolfybmx

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03 PM »
well great news from mansfield national.

team tibbs cycle store haro bmx riders dan pullen, pete lavender and phil beer went to the mannsfield double header national this weekend flying the east kent flag. both pete and dan dominated and upset a few riders by taking moto win after moto win on day 1 and 2. scored high in their respective quaters and semis taking (dan) a 3rd in his A final and (pete) 3rd in his A final on day 1 and (dan) 3rd in his A final and (pete) an 8th in his A final on day 2, phil rode cosistantly to score a 2nd in his B final on day 1 and rode better on day 2 to score a 1st in his B final on day 2. a great weekends riding at a great track with only 3 corners lol 

and the hi light of my weekend was being able to manual through the first doubles at full speed and jumping through some of the last striaght.

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Thanks bill i knew it would be good  ;D but whats the gossip and results? nice one mike  :daumenhoch: where did bof and russ hanlon etc finish?

Mike i might have some of that at bristol  :daumenhoch: i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and visit me ole mum as well  :)

jackel

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09 PM »
cracking days i popped down sat and today with my lad just having a nosey :)

spillers#1

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Nice one phil  :daumenhoch: and dan and pete are my heroes they rock  :4_17_5: i just hope they still talk to me when there big superstar elite riders  ;D

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Mike i might have some of that at bristol  :daumenhoch: i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and visit me ole mum as well  :)

That would be cool Lee.  No races in our region next weekend and Bristol is supposed to be a good track.  If you want the post code for the track, let me know  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Thanks bill i knew it would be good  ;D but whats the gossip and results? nice one mike  :daumenhoch: where did bof and russ hanlon etc finish?

Bof took a few tumbles so think he got 6th or 7th in A-final yesterday but think he got 3rd today.  Jon Moore also took a tumble in A-final yesterday but won today.  Russ got 3rd or 4th in A-final yesterday but got caught in a tumble today, got up, 360'd a jump  :daumenhoch: and finished 7th I think.  Johnny S took a tumble yesterday and got 5th in A-final, think he got 3rd or 4th today.  I think the number of tumbles shows how fast/competitive it was out there.  I was in 4th out of the first turn in my first moto today, then Mal G and Steve Keech decided they were the flippers and I was the ball in a game of BMX pinball  :LolLolLolLol:  Still buzzing from it though.  Really don't give a toss about positions when I'm having so much fun.

bof

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Im waiting for video evidence before i admit anything :LolLolLolLol: I fell off in saturdays final bringing a few riders down with me ( sorry guy's ) but gifting Russ hanlon 2nd place  :daumenhoch: jeremy hayes won , I got 7th .
On Sunday I managed to stay on and rolled home to second  after Jeremy Hayes had a big off on the second straight. Im sure John stockwell got third. :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 08:22 AM »

This has got to be pic of the weekend so far.  How TJ stayed on I'll never know. Hilly styling it up right next to him.  Classic BMX!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:24 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

se bikes

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 08:38 AM »

This has got to be pic of the weekend so far.  How TJ stayed on I'll never know. Hilly styling it up right next to him.  Classic BMX!

Without a doubt sponsoring TJ Baldwin has to be 1 of THE best decisions SE/Jai made, the guy is rad as anything and everyone takes the time to watch him, pure entertainment, and it's always nice to see flemdog and hilly get beaten by a guy who's only been back racing a short while  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 08:44 AM »
SE Racing have a hot team this season!  TJ and Jacob Roberts are big crowd pleasers.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 09:09 AM »
 :shocked:  Fantastic pic :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Some photos now up on BC website.

Good one of me, Billy and Phil heading into turn 1 in our B-final yesterday:  http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/eve/ImageGallery.asp?gid=3495#

Me and Billy went backwards from this point on.  Phil went on to win.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37 AM »

Fook me we did get good starts Mike, how did we get it so wrong after that  :-\
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 04:49 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

xtremepervert

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Come on phil etc what happened at mansfield national ?
:)

:) Never mind that Lee, what happened with that bird you were meant to be seeing last night. Did you manage to laugh her into bed? :-*

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Fook me we did get good starts Mike, how did we get it so wrong after that  :-\

My problem was being a pussy and not committing to jumping that double  :'(

Roll on Chessy.  Similar track, but a bit more tech, faster (cos it's downhill) and a huge first berm with a big decision maker double straight after it!  >:D

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 12:19 PM »
mansfield was a great national and i must admit when i saw T J nose dive on the second double i thought he was a gonna
any normal rider would have died doing that.

I love this picture of me (inside) and Ivesy on the outside

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 12:26 PM »
thought that was you when i saw it, looking good  :daumenhoch:

oldmankev

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Well done all South 40 plussers glad there were no injuries.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Cool pics  :4_17_5:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 05:58 PM »
and this is what Bof was doing most of the day, unlucky

hooga1975

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Here are the videos from the Saturday.

I have just watched the vid of the 40+ b final on the Saturday.  Mike you had a blinding start, but it went a bit wrong on the 3rd double at the end of the 1st straight.  Billy, it looked like you had to take some evasive action to avoid crashing into the bloke in 3rd place on the third straight.  Well done Phill,  you looked smooth in second place :daumenhoch:

http://bikevideos.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=16&Itemid=26

kuwahara

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 06:12 PM »
is this the 40+ chat room  :2funny:

bof i'm pinning my hopes on you for a  40+ win this year mate.  your gonna do it fella just give it time

(bad luck on sat but sundays was better for ya) thinks of this  :4_17_5: give it time  your gating well

resty

are you racing crewe  :wtf: at the weekend  or jumping of mount everest

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MANSFIELD WHATS THE NEWS THEN?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx