gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway Ta forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway Ta forks  (Read 2076 times)

Skyway Nick

Skyway Ta forks
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Mornin',

I've got a horrible feeling that the forks that came with the TA frame which I recently bought are not Skyway. I put them throught the Nitromors treatment last night expecting to find something that would give them away but nothing so far. I'll have to finish them off tonight to get a better look.

Is there a definitive way of knowing? The frame is from Japan (K3239) if that makes any difference.

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway Ta forks
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:21 AM »
I dont know how you tell. I found this article on the TA which may be helpful to you?

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/skyway+ta+framesetpdf/;9622321;/fileinfo.html" title="skyway_ta_frameset.pdf">skyway_ta_frameset.pdf[/url]

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Here's some reference pics ... note the dropouts  :daumenhoch:

Steve

steve Beech TA

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 10:46 AM »

Hi mate

Put some pic's up and we should be able to let you know!

there were some forks made withought the lightning cut out in the drop out, the dropout remained the same shape. these were meant to be some type of proto type or something for strength and from the serial No. that you gave i am sure it was around the same time. cant remember where i herd this or how true it is.

hope this helps :daumenhoch:

Skyway Nick

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 10:57 AM »
That brilliant guys thanks, I'll post up some pics tonight.

The reason im sceptical is that I thought there should be a 10mm or so gap in between the welds on the actual fork bar and the peice of metal that holds the axle.

Take a look at the forks on this pic: http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/skyway/10534

I may be worrying about nothing but mine dont have that gap.

Paulo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I dont know how you tell. I found this article on the TA which may be helpful to you?

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/skyway+ta+framesetpdf/;9622321;/fileinfo.html" title="skyway_ta_frameset.pdf">skyway_ta_frameset.pdf[/url]

Great article Marc  :daumenhoch:

Skyway Nick

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Good news! After a proper Nitromors clean up i spotted the skyway text around the drop outs. I was worried for a short while there.

Thanks for the posts guys.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway Ta forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx