gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour - Long lost photos!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT World Tour - Long lost photos!  (Read 6790 times)

bmxer4ever

GT World Tour - Long lost photos!
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I'm over the moon at being able to share these with you all....!

Since rescuing all my bmx parts, mags and photos from a parental clear out a while ago, I thought I'd lost these pics (and others that will be posted up shortly!).
Imagine my delight when I found them during a rummage through the "photo" box last Thursday!

These were taken at the 1985 (Correct me if I'm wrong) GT World Tour at Coasters Arena in Falkirk.
Great day, I think myself and 2 other pals (may have been more - bloody long time ago!) caught the train out from Glasgow to see it.
Needless to say, it was the first time we had seen many of the tricks the guys showed us that day, and yes, we did spend the time waiting for the train home trying to learn infinity rolls on the platform!
It wasn't long after this show that I started hitting the contests more and progressing through the ranks.
You could say that it all started here....

Pics all taken from my seat in the crowd on a little Kodak 110 Instamatic camera! I have NO idea how they turned out so well!

Fiola & Dave Breed

Dave Currey exiting a cherrypicker...

Hi Eddie...!

Dave C. again - pedalspin....

Hey Dave....I can see the pub from 'ere...

Our very own Mr. Andy Irwin

Who else could this be - yep, Andy again...

Love this shot - Soooooo Old School!

He pedalled this seat grinder half way across the arena - until I took a pic!

Andy...

The guys at the trick ramp were to stop them slipping on the Roller Rink surface...

The Rolling 20's Lounge Bar - perfect name!

Perfect - last shot in the camera!

Hope you all enjoy these as much as I did finding them again!
G

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GT World Tour - Long lost photos!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Excellent photo's  :daumenhoch:

You do have a lot of gems from BITD, I love looking at them  :4_17_5:

Stevo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Great pics, its not often you would get a show like that by US pros in Scotland in the 80's.

Good for you being there and talking the pics. Did you not have a chance of meeting Fiola and Breed?

I would have loved to have seen that show, but I lived too far away at the time (up in Stoneybridge).

I always remember the pair of them on the TV show Wack-A-Day, doing a routine to Axel F. Its on YouTube now I see. Breed is smooth, while Fiola touches too often.

Cheers

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Great pics Gary. never managed to get to that show as I had fallen out with my Dad and he wouldnt drive me.  :knuppel2:

I was fortunate enough to meet Eddie, Dave and Mike Dominguez when they came to Livi skatepark. I'm in the background of one of the pics thet were in the action bike spread. I've still got a signed GT VHS video that Eddie gave me that afternoon.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Great pics, bet your stoked finding them after all that time :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

magna13

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 07:06 PM »
excellent photos mate! keep them coming!...

bmxer4ever

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Excellent photo's  :daumenhoch:

You do have a lot of gems from BITD, I love looking at them  :4_17_5:

Aileen (my fiancee) must wonder what I'm up to scanning and uploading and starting threads - I've been at it most of today! Glad you're enjoying the fruits of my labour. There ARE more to come.....
In fact, along with these pics, in the same envelope, was ANOTHER set of pics I thought I'd lost....
A certain UKBFA comp from 1986, and they are awesome.....watch this space! You're gonna love 'em!
G

bmxer4ever

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Great pics, its not often you would get a show like that by US pros in Scotland in the 80's.

Good for you being there and talking the pics. Did you not have a chance of meeting Fiola and Breed?

I would have loved to have seen that show, but I lived too far away at the time (up in Stoneybridge).

I always remember the pair of them on the TV show Wack-A-Day, doing a routine to Axel F. Its on YouTube now I see. Breed is smooth, while Fiola touches too often.

Cheers

Stoneybridge! Heehee! Can't remember if we met the guys afterwards, but I have a feeling we might have, just soooo long ago!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Great pics Gary. never managed to get to that show as I had fallen out with my Dad and he wouldnt drive me.  :knuppel2:

I was fortunate enough to meet Eddie, Dave and Mike Dominguez when they came to Livi skatepark. I'm in the background of one of the pics thet were in the action bike spread. I've still got a signed GT VHS video that Eddie gave me that afternoon.

Wasn't Morales there that day? I bet you wish you'd taken pics of THAT day - wow, that would be awesome! The photoshoot in Bmx Action Bike is how we discovered Livi skatepark! Can you believe it - living half an hour down the M8 from it, and having no idea it was there!
I've got a bunch of cool pics from Livi over the years, gonna get them all organised and start a MAJOR picture thread here soon, but it all takes so much TIME!
G

bmxer4ever

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 07:33 PM »
Great pics, bet your stoked finding them after all that time :daumenhoch:

You have no idea mate! In the back of my mind, i knew I always had them, but, when I rescued all my stuff - my old man was gonna chuck it all on a bonfire!!!! For F@CKS SAKE!!! - I couldn't find them. Had a day off work on Thursday - hurt myself! - and had another look through everything and there they were! Phew!
G

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 07:34 PM »
COOL pics Gaz - nice one dude!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 07:36 PM »
excellent photos mate! keep them coming!...

I have a lot more, but I don't want to spoil you all at once! Heehee!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 07:38 PM »
COOL pics Gaz - nice one dude!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Cheers Daz - I think the lighting in the arena did me a big favour - it was only a little 110 camera that i borrowed off my mum ! Have you seen the Holeshot '86 ones? Not the best, but fun all the same...
G

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 07:41 PM »

Cheers Daz - I think the lighting in the arena did me a big favour - it was only a little 110 camera that i borrowed off my mum ! Have you seen the Holeshot '86 ones? Not the best, but fun all the same...
G

I've just had a look mate....fooking mint! Sounds daft but I think that last pic is me  :-\
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 08:21 PM »

G

I've just had a look mate....fooking mint! Sounds daft but I think that last pic is me  :-\

Fairly sure that's Eric Steele! Sorry to disappoint you!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 08:52 PM »

G

Aye....looking at it now I think you're right dude  :(

welsh denny

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 11:29 PM »
cool pics. :4_17_5:

posted up the eddie & dave breed youtube clip. its under dispute as some music giant is claiming copyright for the axel f music.

it was on tv ffs. just left it up and as long as they get free ads i don't have to take it down. ( they also disputed my red bull newport edit from 2004.)  :2gunsfiring_v1:

dj_benice

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 12:45 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  I wanna kiss myself  :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52 PM »

G

Are you sure it aint Jess? I liked the pics of Andy Irwin but the rest were crap.

You are toooo funny Mr I...! Heehee! Do you remember that demo? Must have been a bit of a trip gettin' up to Falkirk? And did you visit Livi while you were there?

(Oh yeah - that's def. Crazy Eric in the Holehot 540 pic....)

Trev

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Once again Gary, fantastic pics.

I also agree, don't post everything at once. Spread them out over a period of time, so we've always got something to look forward to...  :daumenhoch:

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Heehee, I remember that demo.  Ended it with a 360 off one of the trick ramps if I remember rightly.  Think it was the first time I'd seen neon parts too.  I bought some orange plastic brake lever covers.  Such largesse!   :LolLolLolLol:

potstu

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Great set of pics, really bring it all back.
Caught the tour when it came to Maidenhead leisure centre with my mate chopsy. Remember queueing up for the signed poster (only dug that out last month) and asking Eddie for a go on his bike, amazingly he said yes, so I jumped on and pulled a few front hops. It felt so wierd, so different from my Haro and it squeeked like hell, anyway I felt 10ft tall and will never forget that show.
Wonder if its the same bike as in your photos? looks like i remember it.
 did he use the same frame for the whole UK leg of the tour?

oldschool rider

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 12:27 AM »
I'm over the moon at being able to share these with you all....!

Since rescuing all my bmx parts, mags and photos from a parental clear out a while ago, I thought I'd lost these pics (and others that will be posted up shortly!).
Imagine my delight when I found them during a rummage through the "photo" box last Thursday!

These were taken at the 1985 (Correct me if I'm wrong) GT World Tour at Coasters Arena in Falkirk.
Great day, I think myself and 2 other pals (may have been more - bloody long time ago!) caught the train out from Glasgow to see it.
Needless to say, it was the first time we had seen many of the tricks the guys showed us that day, and yes, we did spend the time waiting for the train home trying to learn infinity rolls on the platform!
It wasn't long after this show that I started hitting the contests more and progressing through the ranks.
You could say that it all started here....

NO FOOKIN WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done G a great find, man I just took a trip back in time lookin at those pics, I also remember me you and mic all trying infinity rolls on the platform waiting for the train lol.
Lookin forward to seeing more of your prize find pics ..

macky

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 01:25 AM »

Woww!! Brilliant pic's!! Great pic of that X-up air... how good was that for 1985!!  :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 08:26 PM »

Woww!! Brilliant pic's!! Great pic of that X-up air... how good was that for 1985!!  :daumenhoch:

Y'know, the more I think about, the more I wonder if this demo wasn't early '85, possibly even 1984.....trying to remember what bike I was riding at the time....

Anyone help us out here as to the exact year? Andy?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour - Long lost photos!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx