gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour - Long lost photos!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT World Tour - Long lost photos!  (Read 6782 times)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GT World Tour - Long lost photos!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Great set of pics, really bring it all back.
Caught the tour when it came to Maidenhead leisure centre with my mate chopsy. Remember queueing up for the signed poster (only dug that out last month) and asking Eddie for a go on his bike, amazingly he said yes, so I jumped on and pulled a few front hops. It felt so wierd, so different from my Haro and it squeeked like hell, anyway I felt 10ft tall and will never forget that show.
Wonder if its the same bike as in your photos? looks like i remember it.
 did he use the same frame for the whole UK leg of the tour?

:shocked:  are you saying you have a 85 world tour poster ????????

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 08:56 PM »
To be honest I dont remember that demo at all. I did every show on that tour so one demo was much like another.   We did get to go to Livi for a play but the place was deserted so it went unrecorded. I cant recall  where all the demo's were because there were so many. I went from show to show non stop with Torker and then GT . The only one I do remember was Harrow , that was a great demo with a great skatepark. Matt Bains was going off in the halfpipe. Anyway nice pics. Dave Breed was the nicest person you could ever meet.

I WAS THERE  :D

potstu

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 09:55 PM »

:shocked:  are you saying you have a 85 world tour poster ????????
[/quote]

Yeah, the yellow one with fiola getting air out of some bowl (pipeline, del mar?) and small inset of dave breed. Its a bit creased but looks fine. Will try and scan it if anyone wants a looky

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 10:44 AM »

:daumenhoch:

Longun

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 12:48 PM »
To be honest I dont remember that demo at all. I did every show on that tour so one demo was much like another.   We did get to go to Livi for a play but the place was deserted so it went unrecorded. I cant recall  where all the demo's were because there were so many. I went from show to show non stop with Torker and then GT . The only one I do remember was Harrow , that was a great demo with a great skatepark. Matt Bains was going off in the halfpipe. Anyway nice pics. Dave Breed was the nicest person you could ever meet.

I WAS THERE  :D

So was I! The skatepark session was much more fun than the bit in the leisure centre.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 07:32 AM »
cool pics there, i went to the demo in coventry but never got any pics  :'(

bmxer4ever

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09 PM »
cool pics there, i went to the demo in coventry but never got any pics  :'(

That's ok - I got them for you!

rosscoe

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 07:05 PM »
I did the support for the nottingham show........was very cool.......and strange things happened

welsh denny

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42 PM »
i still have my gt world tour ticket from the merthyr show. no pics as no camera back then.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 10:36 PM »
I did the support for the nottingham show........was very cool.......and strange things happened

Tell us more.....

dj_benice

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 12:30 PM »

Didn't involve andy threatening eddie again did they or eddie telling people how high they where allowed to air :angel:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 07:22 PM »

Didn't involve andy threatening eddie again did they or eddie telling people how high they where allowed to air :angel:

Can you imagine...? How embarresing!

rosscoe

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 08:44 PM »

not quite, but for some reason he didnt go very high, and, beleive it or not, I was going higher (maybe 4 - 5'). The end of the show the crowd was chanting my name not his....which was ace, and looking back almost unbelievable

and for those of you who new me back then 'air' was not my big thing.......so thats how it was strange

bmxer4ever

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 09:01 PM »

not quite, but for some reason he didnt go very high, and, beleive it or not, I was going higher (maybe 4 - 5'). The end of the show the crowd was chanting my name not his....which was ace, and looking back almost unbelievable

and for those of you who new me back then 'air' was not my big thing.......so thats how it was strange

Think I remember you posting about this before - must have been a mad experience!

dj_benice

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 11:57 AM »
My dad took Eddie et al around on most of the tour think he was rockin the y reg yellow cavalier until round about belle vue when he got the new XR3 hope you didn't have the displeasure  he's a tool :LolLolLolLol:

RADHAB

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 03:20 PM »
Great pics! :daumenhoch: I was at the Southsea leg of the tour, ZOID and me won a signed T-shirt for making the most noise!! we climbed up the chain link fence and was screaming like fcuk and shaking the fence to fkucery! what a great demo though.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 03:39 PM »
cracking set of pics, good to see more of rads mr irwin :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

bmxer4ever

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008, 09:46 AM »
cracking set of pics, good to see more of rads mr irwin :daumenhoch:

You just gettin' 'round to seein' these Dan? Where you been?!!
Glad you like 'em, got somethin' special to upload TODAY.....
Watch this space!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour - Long lost photos!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx