gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Holeshot 1986 Pics....Updated!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Holeshot 1986 Pics....Updated!  (Read 2802 times)

bmxer4ever

Holeshot 1986 Pics....Updated!
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:30 AM »
The "Guess the rider" thread got me looking for these. Unfortunately my flash wasn't in sync with my shutter speed (DOH!) which is a bloody shame, so most of these pics are half light/half dark, but they're all I have so I thought I'd post 'em anyway.

I'm not gonna put any names on the pics - most should be obvious, some I don't know and the rest you all can guess!
I'll edit them in later.... No idea if these are in any kinda order, but here goes...

Hope you all made some sense of them....! Let the guessing begin!
G

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:58 AM by bmxer4ever »

andy619

Re: Holeshot 1986 Pics....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Sweet pictures Gary.

magna13

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Got this on dvd... good stuff  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Top stuff again, thanks for sharing  :4_17_5:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Cheers guys - just wish that I'd synched my flash! I've got a whole set from the Haro Demo - Wilkerson, Nourie, Blyther - at Poole BFA in '86 that are just as bad. I havn't bothered scanning them in yet, but I'll take another look and see if they're worth the effort....

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Gaz....you're a fooking legend dude....great memories!

Massive thanks for taking all this time to scan them in and post them up, you're top fella!  ;)

I'd like to see the Haro ones if they look ok  :daumenhoch:

I think that last picture is me  :-\ not sure........
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:18 PM »

Massive thanks for taking all this time to scan them in and post them up, you're top fella!  ;)

What...?! You were Crazy Eric in a former life??!! Heehee!

rory

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:20 PM »
that flattie is awesome, how high :)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:25 PM »
that flattie is awesome, how high :)

It's gotta be up there in the 10 foot region anyway! When you were gettin' more air than the ramp was high, it must have been scary! Viva McCoy!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 08:50 PM »

What...?! You were Crazy Eric in a former life??!! Heehee!

That's why I said I wasn't sure...could have been me, I had a red Bell Moto 4 and used to do stupid things  :LolLolLolLol:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 08:54 PM »
The green tuffs is def Canning  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Cheers guys - just wish that I'd synched my flash! I've got a whole set from the Haro Demo - Wilkerson, Nourie, Blyther - at Poole BFA in '86 that are just as bad. I havn't bothered scanning them in yet, but I'll take another look and see if they're worth the effort....

learn how to work some magic on photoshop. be suprised what it can do to pics.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 11:37 PM »

learn how to work some magic on photoshop. be suprised what it can do to pics.

I was thinking of that. Already done a little to them on the Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album, Starter Edition program that came with the computer, but it only has limited features. Know where I can get a copy of Photoshop on the sly??!! I'd like to be able to sort all these pics out as there are some great images, just with this shutter/flash problem.

yoda

Re: Holeshot 1986 Pics....Updated!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Great pics gary, couple of good ones of Pepi in there. Third from last pic is my mate Steve Laidlaw...  :daumenhoch:

Ramp Rat

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Gary - thanks for sharing...wow -  big air on some of those...10+ft The look back is insane looking, as is the one hand one footer and the invert...yeah...Mike Canning was keeping up w/ the US boys. And crazy Eric...with his insane 540's at 6+ feet. Sweet memories.

macky

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 01:32 AM »

Another batch of Amazing pics!!  :daumenhoch:

Some of those airs were incredible!!

Thanx for posting!!  :daumenhoch:

FAZE3

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 11:21 AM »
I've no idea who any of um are :( But they are top pics ;)

Did you go to Holeshot 85? It was covered on the 9 o'clock news & I was on it, love to find that clip again :)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 06:30 PM »
I've no idea who any of um are :( But they are top pics ;)

Did you go to Holeshot 85? It was covered on the 9 o'clock news & I was on it, love to find that clip again :)

I remember the clip you're talking about...! Can't remember when I last saw it though.....

I competed in Holeshot '86, came 3rd behind McCoy and Pepi and '87, can't remember where I came - didn't ride well.

FAZE3

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I was doing an aerial on the practise ramp on the news at 9.........................my mum couldn't believe it :D

still when it came to the comp I rode like a man with no arms :( oh well thats the way the mop flops ;D

bmxer4ever

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I was doing an aerial on the practise ramp on the news at 9.........................my mum couldn't believe it :D

still when it came to the comp I rode like a man with no arms :( oh well thats the way the mop flops ;D

Was that the one that the camera was quite close to? Wonder if that clip's on YouTube?
Anyone know?

union

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32 PM »
steven laidlaw is on the green bike going massive but the other way too canning.

RADHAB

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 01:13 PM »
The green tuffs is def Canning  :daumenhoch:

Yep, i had that bike after him......i loved that bike.....it was my favourite thing ever.......Jumped it off a boathouse roof into a lake in the end :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

Ticket!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Was in a box of old bmx stuff and found THIS!

Does anyone HAVE any pics of Holshot '87?
G

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Holeshot 1986 Pics....Updated!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx