gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 07:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  summer regional round 3 hernebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: summer regional round 3 hernebay  (Read 5102 times)

thecrooch

Re: summer regional round 3 hernebay
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 02:06 PM »
so where are all the piccys then - its now 4 days since and im having withdrawal issues!!!   

I know ratty is having some storage issues on his PC - was there any others that took any?

oldskoolsux

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Loads of pics on bmxtalk.com and eastkentbmx.co.uk

thecrooch

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Loads of pics on bmxtalk.com and eastkentbmx.co.uk

ive seen the steve hales ones - any OS ones about?

Flying_fox

kdubbmx

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Rocked,
 The weather, the Track, The Venue, The crew
6& unders battling & a different rider winning each time to keep it open.
Tony Slater turning up to play
Me beating him  ;)
Dialed Mike winning 'B'
Parsons styling the jumps when he realised he was way out front
Bucky's commentry
Smooth running of the whole event
Seeing riders i havent seen for 25+ years (Brian Emslie)
Seeing young (small) riders having no fear & jumping the jumps
Going to the beach after & seeing the place full of bmx'ers, then the motorways being clear by the time we left!!  ;D

Sucked,
Jason Lewis crashing, would've liked to see the rest of the race with him & Russ
Wolfy getting hurt in 40+ (hope your ok buddy)
Missing the gate beeps on my third moto because someone was shouting 3 feet away on the other side of the fence- cheers.
James Cornfords chain coming off resulting in an endo
Renee having no girls to race (again)

So all in all an 'ACE' race meeting & excellent way to spend a sunday!!

Congrats & thanks to all the people that made it happen-you did good!!! :) :) :)

oldmankev

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Agree with you Keith ref the arguement going on right next to us
i tried to blank it out and just concentrate but it ruined my start
as well, as it was an older rider he should have had more respect
for us.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Agree with you Keith ref the arguement going on right next to us
i tried to blank it out and just concentrate but it ruined my start
as well, as it was an older rider he should have had more respect
for us.
It annoys me when this happens, when I do call up at Daggers I do try and get them to shut up when on the start hill, its hard work though trying to keep them quiet.
What with you guys, and Flem at Cheddar perhaps the start hill officials should be more aware of this
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kdubbmx

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Think Flem suffered a bit worse than us as his was a final at a national & ours was just a moto at a regional, still shouldnt happen though!!!  >:( >:(

dialledbikes

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Think Flem suffered a bit worse than us as his was a final at a national & ours was just a moto at a regional, still shouldnt happen though!!!  >:( >:(

Hi Keith (please check your PMs).

Question to everyone - do you think they should wait until the last person from previous race has crossed the line until they start the next one to stop this happening again in future?

oldmankev

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Yes to Mikes question and Keith making the A in our region
in 40+ is prob on par with a National so those motos are
important.

kdubbmx

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2008, 04:44 PM »
This wasnt related to the time our moto was started in relation to the last one finishing at all.

Starting to get blown up into something it never was though, i'm sure there was no bad intention in it from the person concerned & i'd prefer to just move on from it.

Being a father myself i'd prob shout a bit if i thought something unfair happened to one of my kids on the track.

Gutted i cant make the next national, good luck to everyone.   :)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Question to everyone - do you think they should wait until the last person from previous race has crossed the line until they start the next one to stop this happening again in future?
In an ideal world where racing started early then agree Mike but we had a slight delay and decided to move things along.  It seemed to work and we finished by 5:10 I think, which is acceptable.  Too many riders in too many classes seems to be the problem of the SOUTH Region's current success.  When you consider that at the inter-Regional at Mansfield there were less than 250 riders then dealing with 184 is pushing the limits.  Maybe we should be looking at alternatives although I think a bit of quiet as respect for riders on the gate is not too much to ask although a close finishing previous moto is always going to be a distraction. 

The question of the noise at the Start Hill is being looked into and maybe it's a Herne Bay issue we need to address for next time, maybe cordon off the area at the side of the gate to avoid public/spectators/other riders standing too close.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Its not just a Herne Bay thing Humps, it happens at most tracks, I think the call up person nees to take charge of it, my personal pet hate is riders waiting for their moto getting too close to the guys on the gate. At least you dont have that problem at the Bay.  :daumenhoch:

Perhaps pre registeration might help smooth things along for registeration, as data inputting seems to be the bottle neck at most events :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Perhaps the solution is whoever is on the mic giving the crowd a "sssshhhhhhhhhhhh" one the sequence has started.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Just for the record, you'll find a little article here http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bmx/News2008/20080514_herne_bay_east_kent_bmx_club.asp Enjoy.  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  summer regional round 3 hernebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx