gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Check this!! Lowestoft UKBFA 1986 Pics....!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Check this!! Lowestoft UKBFA 1986 Pics....!  (Read 7072 times)

lodge

Re: Check this!! Lowestoft UKBFA 1986 Pics....!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Gary i got an Epson V100 for the same reason does negs and slides it is an A4 flatbed that hooks up to your PC via USB port, i would scan some for you if your happy to post em.

2020mad

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Pics 2 and 5. maroon tee, grey colour fleck trousers, white boots with camera. used to be in yarmouth all the time my grandparents owned a few static caravans there so we would go most weekends to help sort out cleaning between bookings.  I think i may be able to find a pic at my parents of me wearing same gear eating chips by the lowestoft lifeboat station later that day. but have no idea where photos went of that day or any other of my bmx outings  :(, shame cos i probley would have a few of you as i was standing opposite by looks of it.

Cool! Shame you don't have any pics - No-One seems to have any pics of me.. :( - I'll have a look, see if I recoginise you!

Oh yeah - I see you! SLR by the looks of it too - Canon?
   I think so by looking at strap, would be my dads camera. he always has had nice cameras and lenses.

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I just meant that flat land has moved on loads. Like it or not, its so far away from the tricks of the 80s.

WHERE AS-
The Vert riding then was so good! Sure, riding now is pretty mad but if someone did the 1/4 pipe tricks that Campbell or Ruffel did, at a park today, they would still turn some NS heads.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I just meant that flat land has moved on loads. Like it or not, its so far away from the tricks of the 80s.

WHERE AS-
The Vert riding then was so good! Sure, riding now is pretty mad but if someone did the 1/4 pipe tricks that Campbell or Ruffel did, at a park today, they would still turn some NS heads.

It's ALL moved on!

I totally agree with you for the most part, although you'll still see some of the tricks we did/tried back then done in Pro routines now - bar ride/rubber ride being a case in point.
Most mini ramp lip tricks are '80s flatland tricks, and half the new school are still trying to hang five....
It's all still relevant in one way or another (and it's the only tricks I can do!!)!

I think the vert riding back then was MORE spectacular looking than the vert riding today, primarily because people like Craig, Neil, McCoy etc. were doing them on skinny little 8 foot quarterpipes! It made them look Sooooooo high up. (Modern halfpipes Spen the rider and the height to an extent). And style with it. I miss style, there's not a lot of it about these days.

And do those tricks at a park these days and you'd turn ALL the heads! :daumenhoch:

Cheers Alex!
G

Ramp Rat

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 11:25 PM »
great pics gary - I see myself on the forth pic (Neil doing front hops) I'm in the right hand corner. I had a flat top then, that's when I had hair  :crazy2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Check this!! Lowestoft UKBFA 1986 Pics....!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx