gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Jersey BMX Track - PLEASE READ
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jersey BMX Track - PLEASE READ  (Read 707 times)

shivadread

Jersey BMX Track - PLEASE READ
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Was out for a ride on the Mountain bike yesterday and discovered that our little island has a BMX Track.  It needs a bit of work as some parts are overgrown and some of the jumps need tidying up a bit but it looks a nice course, with starting ramp and some good jumps.

Just wondering if any of you lot would like to come over and have an Old School Meet and Race weekend over here, most probably to late to sort it out this summer but might be worth considering it next summer.

Me and a couple of mates have just formed the Jersey Mountainbike, BMX and Cycling Syndicate over here so we could muster up things like timing equipment and point you in the right direction in relation to accomodation and advise you how best to get over here.

So please consider this proposal as if there is support from you lot it will make a pleasant change for you lot to race overseas and hopefully I can get local press interested and this will hopefully raise the profile of BMXing over here.

sonic-1

Re: Jersey BMX Track - PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:50 PM »
ooooo sounds fun any excuse for a holiday  :LolLolLolLol: the kids had great time on the island last year

thecrooch

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 02:52 PM »
sounds good to me - spent a very enjoyable weekend in Jersey last year and wanted to come back for more - now i've found a perfectly good reason...

the only problem is getting there, i flew last time but presume there is a ferry?? (excuse my ignorance) as the only real issues would be taking bikes over and finding Hotels and B&B's that would be bike friendly.

shivadread

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Yeah there are car ferries from Weymouth (3hrs), Poole (3hrs) and Portsmouth (overnight).  Easyjet has just started up this year and there is also Thompson, Flybe, BA and BMI that fly over here and if you book well in advance really good deals are to be had as the in laws in Birmingham have discovered  >:(

Sonic-1  Are you coming over this year, if so let us know as my boat is back in the water and if you want to escape from the wife we can go and catch some mackerel as they are jumping at the mo.

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I'd consider that (just as long as it didn't clash with any regionals or nationals).

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 03:18 PM »
I manage to get over to Jersey a couple of times a year for work meetings etc. Hoping to get an overnighter in the next month or so! Where are you on the island??

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Cool , can you post any pics up of what it's like at the mo ? .

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 03:49 PM »
sounds like a good road trip  :daumenhoch:

shivadread

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I live in the east of the island in Gorey, very close to that Children's home that's been on the news.

What I will do next weekend is take some pics of the course and post them up, as I said it needs a bit of work done to it, I reckon a day tops with at least 3 to 4 guys, which I will organise and make sure it is done well.

If there are any mountainbikers out there we have organised a Downhill competition in October

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Jersey BMX Track - PLEASE READ

gfxgfx
gfx gfx