gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  summer regional round 3 hernebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: summer regional round 3 hernebay  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: summer regional round 3 hernebay
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:42 PM »
What Sucked
Gary72 getting robbed of the OSS A final win

Just for the record, I have the sheets from the days' racing and who does it show as winner of the A Final??  Gary Porter!!  Seems there wasn't a problem after all!!  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 07:51 PM »
What Sucked

Just for the record, I have the sheets from the days' racing and who does it show as winner of the A Final??  Gary Porter!!  Seems there wasn't a problem after all!!  Humps
Nice one Alan, I know it was a close one, but there was 4 of us watching it at close distance. Not sure why they changed their minds as Gary never raised a complaint.

Alan, can you pm me the OS results please as I forgot to pick them up :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Pehaps they was just winding me up, as I went and asked straight after the race :2gunsfiring_v1:

hooga1975

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 08:03 PM »
It was a close call, but Gary definitely crossed the line first. 

In fact he rode a blinder coming from back in third place to take the win.  Not bad for someone who just turned up 5 mins before racing started, and didnt even have a practice lap.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 08:40 PM »
I guess second is better than not making the A final at all.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 08:43 PM »
I guess second is better than not making the A final at all.
Your spot on their Zips, hope you wasnt digging me out though >:D

hudu

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Rocked.

Going back to my second home, seeing the crew, seeing it all come together.

Seeing my baby the track - was back to roots - 5 different leaders in one race, moves, swoops, carnage and pure BMX.

Russ taking masters. Great race. Jay Lewis is just so fast.

Seeing all my old classmates - Miles, Warlock, Mike W etc etc

Mikes win. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Sunshine.

People.

Novices doing what I did nearly 30 years ago and getting on that first gate.

Meeting lots of RADsters.

Getting the race bug again - I'm off to Preston for gates tomorrow.  :uglystupid2:

Sucked.

Backfiring the hotel plumbing system thursday night, flooding the room and getting the bar evacuated. Northern shit is hardcore.  ;)

Going home.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 08:48 PM »
After crashing in the first race I wasn't sure I would even get to the A final. I had to win the secon race and could then afford to take it easy in the third so as to save energy. :LolLolLolLol:

However the fact remains that was probably one of the best old school races yet in the series to date and three of us were swapping the lead at every corner.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Rocked.

Going back to my second home, seeing the crew, seeing it all come together.

Seeing my baby the track - was back to roots - 5 different leaders in one race, moves, swoops, carnage and pure BMX.

Russ taking masters. Great race. Jay Lewis is just so fast.

Seeing all my old classmates - Miles, Warlock, Mike W etc etc

Mikes win. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Sunshine.

People.

Novices doing what I did nearly 30 years ago and getting on that first gate.

Meeting lots of RADsters.

Getting the race bug again - I'm off to Preston for gates tomorrow.  :uglystupid2:

Sucked.

Backfiring the hotel plumbing system thursday night, flooding the room and getting the bar evacuated. Northern shit is hardcore.  ;)

Going home.

:LolLolLolLol:

I bet that was fun Phil  :2funny:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:06 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

hudu

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 08:58 PM »
I have now caused the evacuation of 3 hotels in the last 2 years.

Ask me when I see you next, it's all good accidental chaos.  :angel:

Idiots and hotels don't mix.  :-X

oldskoolsux

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 09:25 PM »

I dont call a girlfriend, lots of gaffer tape and a hotel room "Accidental chaos"  :shocked:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 09:34 PM »

:wtf:

Why?
Despite the B finalists witness Gary take it, all 3 line judges gave it to the Spen!!! I looked at Scott Dick and he just shrugged his shoulders. BCF rules state the rider concerned needs to appeal and Gary choose not too :-\

Excellent stuff, REAL old school racing  :daumenhoch:  I remember this happening so many times bitd so it's great to hear that the authenticity of bitd racing has been carried forward  >:D.

On a less sarcastic note, shame it worked out like that but Gary is a top bloke and wouldn't have complained.  Zippy on the other hand ...  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Didn't complain at the first round when the decision went against me.

Glad so many people have totally the wrong impression of me.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 09:52 PM »
I thought it was your impression that you left on the track :LolLolLolLol: Hope your back is OK and the massage sorts you out. I cant think how to word this, but It wouldn't be the same without you Zippy, I know in another thread you was talking about slowing down on the racing side and this and that, But what did we do at the end of that race, We shook hands and patted each other on the back. Because it was such a bloody good race and I really enjoyed it.  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Didn't complain at the first round when the decision went against me.

we loves ya Zippy.... :smitten:

hudu

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 10:21 PM »

I dont call a girlfriend, lots of gaffer tape and a hotel room "Accidental chaos"  :shocked:

*Mental note* - He knows to much. Erase him.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 10:28 PM »

You should know we're only joshing with you Zipster ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Still buzzing after Sunday's meeting but thought I should add my two-pennorth to what's already been said.  I had serious reservations about holding a Regional so soon after officially opening but because of availability of free dates we had little choice.  That we got through the day is all credit to all the people who pulled together to make it happen.

Firstly the biggest thanks must go to Phil 'Hudu' Charnley who designed and built the track.  It's all been said before on here but he's created a masterpiece to be proud of.  And aiding him has been the local guys primarily Russ Parsons, Olly Small, Steve Bodey and Roy Binks with support from their mates too.  The time and effort that Russ in particular has put into this meeting and the Opening event last week has been huge and without him things would not have gone as smoothly as they did.  The tweaks to the track made on Friday/Saturday might not have been too obvious but made things so much nicer for everyone, young and old, and, that no-one was seriously hurt, despite the carnage, is testiment to those changes working and the track preparation - big shout out to the local Fire Brigade for their help on Friday too.

On the day, the SOUTH Region team were hugely supportive and without them it just couldn't have happened.  Lin 'I'm retired from BMX' Gunner was the hub of a well oiled (sun-cream I hasten to add) Registration Team who dealt with a larger than expected turnout of riders including quite a few new faces.  White Star Medical were on hand to give their support which thankfully wasn't required to any great extent and for which I thank them on the Club's behalf.  GROOVE RACING chose our meeting to be at rather than Mansfield and for that we are grateful to Mark Seaman for making the choice in our favour.

Financially the Club has received funding from Awards for All and local company Pfizer Ltd. and our logo'd high-viz presence was courtesy of Stevehaleimages.com who was trackside with his camera.  And where would we have been without the Herne & Broomfield Parish Council who put their faith in the Club by funding the track build and area redevelopment in association with Deacons Landscaping.  The support we have had from the Parish Council has been nothing short of refreshing after some of the negativity I have experienced in the past at other tracks.

And finally (will I ever finish??) I thank everyone who turned up to race and watch and who have put their thoughts into words in this thread and the others on BMX Talk.  Apart from Ratty moaning about the "long walk" round the track (lose some weight and get into training you ....(censored) ... :wink: ) there's been nothing but praise for the track, the meeting and the organisation.  From my point of view all I can say is "Thank you".  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40 PM »
Apart from Ratty moaning about the "long walk" round the track (lose some weight and get into training you ....(censored) ...
Alan, if that was the only moaning then you did a blinding job the lot of you. I will say with Nikki being 8 months gone and needing the loo every 15/20 minutes I think the moan was justified :angel:

thecrooch

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 02:03 PM »
And we thank you Humps.... Top day - Top Job!

I honestly think the track is of National standard - is the team up for it? would it be possible - it would be nice to actually have a southern National!   Im told there is plenty of camp sites in the area....  what would stop it in your mind?

Crooch

Twinkle

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 02:38 PM »
"Thank you" again for building such a great track only an hour away from us  :daumenhoch: and yes, I also thought the day was very well organised.

As said previously, Chloe and Nicholas love the track and are already asking if they can spend some days at the track during the school holidays  :) 

Am I right in thinking the track will be open all the time now humps or will the gates be locked when the club isnt there?

Sharon xx

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Sharon, the track is open 24/7 though the gates to the car park are locked.  You can still park on the approach road though. 

Crooch, my standard answer would be "we don't do Nationals" but that's a standing joke on BMX Talk.  No reason why we couldn't do a Nat. as long as we brought in toilet/showers and gained the use of one of the neighbouring fields for additional parking and camping.  Not impossible so watch this space.  Humps
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:03 PM by Humps00 »

Twinkle

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Thats excellent news on both counts  :)  Thanks Humps  :)

Sharon xx

thecrooch

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 04:57 PM »
what she said  :D

MOORO

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I agree with all above 'top track', contains something for everyone. I would kill for that to practice on...what kind of budget do you need for a track like that ?

As for a national , Humps is right the parking needs a bit of jiggery pokery and the line up to the pens and exit from the finish...but all i think must be 'do-able'.
Also the first 90 degree and certainly the first 180 degree corner may struggle to cope with 8 elite riders going at it but  i would be more than  happy to be proved wrong. :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  summer regional round 3 hernebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx