gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 02:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  operation moley!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: operation moley!  (Read 4412 times)

jedi

Re: operation moley!
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 09:30 PM »
This is my 1st post on here (hi Jedi), but I'm happy to contribute, don't have paypal though (they are robbing barstewards), give me an addy & I'll send a cheque to make up any difference, or just beer money for the cool vibes...

Nice site peps  :daumenhoch:

hiya martin.you'll love the novice nights vibe bro!!
i got a front wheel if needed from my fit bike   :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I would like to thank all of you for your support.

It does mean a lot to me.

That was only the 4th time I have ridden that bike.

On Thursday night I put on my 'new' parts so that it would be ready for this meet.

I had changed the brake bridge to a fly one.

A really slim Seat post clamp.

New Kool Stop orangey brake pads were added for extra stopping power and the colour was rather fetching too.

Some Demolition El Dorado Bars off a RADBMXer were put on.

And a pair of near minty MKS Grafight-X's that I got off EBAY US.

But the thing that galls me the most.

The thing that really destroyed my soul was................................

.............................After my 1st fall when my handlebars decided to create a new belly button in my fatty gut, I had purchased some Bar Ends off Trev and installed them.

And now some thieving Pikey scum has them!!!

I really do appreciate all this effort and I wish to thank Phil for donating his coyote parts.

And for JT71 for parting bits off his Acid Skull

But, I really don't want see people out of pocket over this.

Its not your fault, it just one of those things which seem to occur more often these days.

I'm glad it was just one bike and not more, even if it was mine.

It could have been a lot worse!!

I will gratefully accept any parts that are offered but at the end of the day, it was just a bike.

I wasn't even used to it!!

I fell off three times within the first 45mins and twice I injured myself.  The 2nd time I couldn't ride anymore.

I fell off it within 20mins when it was first delivered and I fell off it last week as well.

Now I think about it, the bike was at fault, not me!!!

It was probably cursed by an evil spirit and hopefully that spirit will unleash its powers on the scum that took it.

You dont have to worry about Handlebars, brake pads and seatclamp as I have the originals.

Grips, more Bar Ends off Trev and the like I can purchase myself.

After seeing the worst in human nature I am now seeing the best!!!

When people say that this is a 'BMX Community' they are not kidding.

I hope if the need ever arises (and I wish it doesn't), it will give me the opportunity to repay this goodwill.

And hopefully the warmth and generosity developed by you in rebuilding my bike will instill a good and friendly soul into this bike so that it wont try and kill me like the last one!!! :daumenhoch:

Thank you!!!  :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02 PM »
i thought i saw trev smear crashing grease all over your bike when you wasnt looking

<fact>

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 10:04 PM »

moley i pledged money cos i got my moneys worth watching you rolling around on the vert when the bars went in your gut  ;D

bit of luck we will get enough together and stevieb will sort something cool out for you  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 10:10 PM »

moley i pledged money cos i got my moneys worth watching you rolling around on the vert when the bars went in your gut  ;D

:LolLolLolLol: Moley even showed me his gut......not a pretty sight....the injury I mean :coolsmiley:
Vans Style

jedi

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 10:12 PM »
i offer my wheel in the hope that the next bike isnt fecking orange!!! :daumenhoch:

Old_Skool71

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 10:23 PM »
What a seriously brilliant bunch you all are, in these times when people mainly only care about themselves it's touching to see like minded souls rallying around to help someone in need, i'm glad i found this place, it is a REAL community :daumenhoch:

Hope you're back on wheels soon Moley, and i hope the thieving prick that has your bike gets scabs on his cock :angrysoapbox:

Andrew

moley

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:27 PM »

moley i pledged money cos i got my moneys worth watching you rolling around on the vert when the bars went in your gut 

PMSL  :LolLolLolLol:

It really hurts when I laugh so please cut it out!!!!

Shings

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 11:52 PM »
I saw Moleys gut too.. but I was quite turned on.. ha ha

My £5 is still in... no pay pal for me but I'll drop it round Phils or Joes no probs.

darkersomeday

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 12:39 AM »
right i've had a sort through my bits at home this morning and i've come up with some goods to get him back on the road!

pretty much stuff that he had on his coyote anyway!

frame
forks
wheels
cranks
pedals
seatclamp
stem
pegs
gyro cables
and i've got one brake!

hopefully this wiil get him on his way to having a ride soon!

only other things that are needed are small bits:
headset
bars
grips
levers
chain
chainring
seatpost
seat
gyro
and another brake!

i'm not asking for anything really for the parts but if anyone would like to donate anything to help me post it up north anything will be greatfully received!

my paypal is philbs63@googlemail.com

seat, seatpost  and grips here if needed,
 :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 12:54 AM »
I tell you what, the way people on here have all rallied round to help Moley replace his stolen bike is absolutely unreal.
This just goes to show that the RADBMX community is in a league of it's own.
I think the fact the everyone is truly aware and appreciative of the enthusiasm of Moley and the effort he has put in to the scene in his relatively short time on here has paid dividends.

Despite his enthusiasm, he did seem to be tarred with the unlucky brush yesterday. He did say to me beforehand that he was after some Bar Ends. These were in a bag that were still in Muttley's van. I told him I'd get them as soon as Muttley stopped for a breather. However within the 15 minutes of so before I managed to get them, he slammed and took a bar in the stomach and took an injury that the Bar Ends may have prevented... After that, when he purchased some from me, he struggled to find an allen key to put them on. When I heard he got his bike nicked, I did think to myself at least he didn't have the opportunity to install the Bar Ends he had just bought. As it turned out, he did manage to get them put on, so he lost them too.

He is now investing in a long chain for the Curry Club session on the 28th June.... Glad to hear that this bad experience hasn't put him off.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 07:52 AM »
a long chain?!?  fook that i'll be parking the proclaimer next to my chair!

on the plus side though, i think between JT71 and Phil they've got everything needed to bang a nice coyote together which will be pretty much the same as he had!   :daumenhoch:

superb fellas!!!   :4_17_5:

maybe we need to get a few quid together for postage though??

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 09:53 AM »
What is still needed?

I want to touch ORB

Longun

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I did think to myself at least he didn't have the opportunity to install the Bar Ends he had just bought. As it turned out, he did manage to get them put on, so he lost them too.

Ah, that'll be my fault. I really shouldn't lend people my tools.  :LolLolLolLol:

Tell you what Trev, let me know you Paypal addy and you can send Moley a nice replacement pair. 

jedi

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16 PM »
you lot make me proud !

JT71

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08 PM »
you lot make me proud !

and you make me laugh....and you look like a film star...yeah....think he was in lock stock....I'm sure people tell you all the time

no, not Statham, Barry the Baptist.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08 PM »
Mr Moley, Longun has kindly purchased a replacement set of Proper Bar Ends for you.

If you PM me your address and choice of colour, I will get them in the post to you this afternoon.

JT71

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Moley: if you used cobra grips you wouldn't have felt your bars at all.

or if you got real fat like me,  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

jedi

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 01:11 PM »
pmsl@jt71   :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :crazy2: :2funny:

2020mad

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 01:19 PM »
What else is needed?, if you have everything i will happily pay for your curry at next meet moley.  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 01:20 PM »
What else is needed?, if you have everything i will happily pay for your curry at next meet moley.  :daumenhoch:

crikey Mart we're trying to sort him a knew bike, not get him in the sack.......smooth though, very smooth.  :LolLolLolLol:

2020mad

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 01:23 PM »
well i feel bad as i suggested curry and this happens, i felt so fooked off all the way home.

I won't be at next meet anyway so no candle lit table for two you cheeky tw@t  :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 01:26 PM »
well i feel bad as i suggested curry and this happens, i felt so fooked off all the way home.

I won't be at next meet anyway so no candle lit table for two you cheeky tw@t  :LolLolLolLol:

lol. don't feel bad mate, we would have had a Cuzza even if you hadn't suggested it. bummer you not being there, let's get out regular in Cov...no not on a date...riding. Thursday sounds good to me.

moley

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 01:37 PM »
We all made comments about that mesh door not being locked.

Also I didn't have a seat at the table and it was mentioned I should sit outside and eat there so I can watch the bikes.

Bad omen or what!!!!

Thank you Longun for the Bar Ends, I really appreciate it!!!   

I've just check my tummy and I have 2 distinct marks so the other must be the end of the brake lever.

SuperOverSized Cobra Grips might be order!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks guys!!!  :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 01:40 PM »
moley, i reckon the chef chopped it up thinking it was a carrot..................................................

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  operation moley!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx