gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Decal re-issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Decal re-issues  (Read 3121 times)

Spur

S&M Decal re-issues
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:15 AM »
For those who do not know me I am the mid-school moderator over at OS-BMX, I might have introduced myself for the Chris Moeller interview.  Rad has a very impressive mid-school section here and a very cool moderator.  With his permission I have some potentially cool news for S&M collectors to share with you and your input is VERY important to this.  I am going to cut and paste the same post I had over at OS.  Please, this is legit and your input will most likely dictate what is released.

"Been talking to Moeller about how reproductions of some of S&M decals have been surfacing and he is getting no ends for them. I told him that there is a pretty big desire for decals, decals sets among collectors and that it might be in S&M's interest to beat the repoppers to the punch. He stated he still has the films for a lot of the decals and asked me to take a survey to see if there really is a desire and of what decals are wanted. Also about how or where to sell them, which of course I gave him a suggestion (OS baby). But other suggestions would be needed too.

So this is potentially really cool news for the die hard S&M guys.

Use this thread to voice your desires because odds are your input will dictate what gets re-issued (if it can be). You never know he might drop in and look. I will present all of this data after the thread seems to die out.

Also forgot to add, he said he has quite a bit of over runs ready to go as well, i need to find out what he has. He stated that any new re-issues would be on the same quality backing as BITD, not the cheap clear stuff."

I appreciate RAD and S&M ALEX for letting me post this, as it isn't an OS-BMX deal, it is for all of us S&M fans.

firebird4130

Re: S&M Decal re-issues
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:15 AM »
I've been trying to get hold of this set, I think a lot of people would use these!!!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:15 AM »
id buy some s&m holmes decals, pref like the ones below but ill take what i can get 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 06:15 AM »
I think this is a cool idea, and if they get reproduced then S@M deserve a pat on the back :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:18 AM »
howdy spur , i can see a fairly big want for these decals ,alot are now starting to get the odd
mid school bike to restore and a big factor is the correct decals .
they are hitting big money on the bay at times so before they do go as some old school ones do
best get some re made from source .as most decals are re pops from outside people ,having the company actually sort the making
its alot more towards the original feel but they will still be re pops.
i would have a fare few sets as alot on rad would.

Dan

Lazarou

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 08:20 AM »
I need a decal for my Gay Bars.

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Nice one Spur. You are always welcome to post on RAD  :daumenhoch:

There were loads of different decals over the years so it will be real hard to please everyone, and even to tie them all down. I wonder if we could get some pictures of the ones S&M have got and post that up? It might help get some real numbers to it all?

My sig pic (below) has all the mk1 decals for the 7 "S&M" 1" frames. Any of all of those will do nicely  :4_17_5:

btw, Ive been looking for years for a Holmes decal that wasnt used for long. I want it for a mk2 Holmes. Moeller has found the films for this one, so Im way happy :laugh:

perry

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:03 AM »
nice , well up for that  :4_17_5:

as i currently own a dirtbike im slightly biased  ;D but the ones i want most are the ones that look like they are going to be used on the latest dirtbike ( the very plain DIRTBIKE style ) so if i can get hold of those im happy

next on the want list would be the same as what fraz 4130 wants , they arnt the "correct" ones for my believed 96 dirtbike but if the latest bike is going to be using the simple styled decals i might want to stop kids thinking its brand new  :-\

i wouldnt say no to these

and i think these would be a definite winner

are we going to be able to get different colours , id realllly like some in blue :)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Great News!

Welcome to the site!

:daumenhoch:

firebird4130

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 12:22 PM »
 the slam dude for the bars would be good too

adam01

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Great News!  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 05:41 PM »

S&M have done a "Retro" sticker pack for 20 years of S&M (see pic below). You should be able to get them from shops, or get an S&M dealer to contact 4Down about it. Failing that, write to S&M and ask for a pack.

I think the idea of what Spur is asking is what complete decal sets would people buy.

Spur

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Frame and fork decal sets and individual decals as well, like the FMF copy shield, the different bar decals, etc.  I think there is a demand for the individual decals too.  Good information, keep the the requests coming.  It would be cool to go back to Chris with a large number of posts.  The more interest shown makes this more possible!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:52 PM by Spur »

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 07:13 PM »
I think the idea of what Spur is asking is what complete decal sets would people buy.

Looks like its even better than I had thought. Individual decals as well as whole frame sets. Thanks Spur  ;)

firebird4130

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I wonder who came up with the designs, to me it seems like the same artist has been at work on at least a few of them, but I could be wrong, maybe different artists following a theme, whatever it is they're cool, some even tattoo worthy.

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 07:39 PM »
I wonder who came up with the designs

The first Pitchfork decal was drawen by Jeff Tremaine, one of the Jackass guys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Tremaine

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Definitely should be done.  I had to go to great lengths to get repros made for my Challenger and wished I could have got them straight from S&M.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 07:50 PM »
i'd actually consider getting a dirt bike as a collector if i could get the stickers with the skulls on!

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Definitely should be done.  I had to go to great lengths to get repros made for my Challenger and wished I could have got them straight from S&M.
But they were amazing Mike  :smitten: :daumenhoch:

The way I see it is, current decal sets are made in high volume and the cost of them reflects this. No one would buy a replacement set of decals for their current bike, and pay more than £15 or so. But if anyone (us) want the older decals we go to massive lengths to get the scans and get a few made. It costs loads, but we still do it. If someone like S&M does a small run of older decals, but has to charge more to pay for it then we all understand, and Im sure we will all snap them up.

firebird4130

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 08:29 PM »
that's interesting about jeff tremain. Also in years to come there will be a bigger demand for the stickers as the bikes become older school then any left over ones from this re-issue will be there waiting, if there are any left. So that's it how do I get my sticker set?  :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 12:45 AM »
pretty much got all the ones i wanted already! :daumenhoch:

depending on what they decide to go with i'd defo be up for restoring a bike around a set :daumenhoch:

whatever they release is fine with me :LolLolLolLol:

(sorry if thats not very helpfull :-[)

any warpig stickers around? :LolLolLolLol:

muttley

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Pad sets.

Spur

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Chris just dropped me a line and laid out some cool stuff. I guess S&M is about to start a custom build frame site, cool news alone, and suggested that this might be the avenue in which "vintage stuff" could be sold. I'll keep you posted as he fills me in with information.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:13 PM by Spur »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Decal re-issues

gfxgfx
gfx gfx