gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 11:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  derby new race track plans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: derby new race track plans  (Read 1166 times)

dazza

derby new race track plans
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:02 PM »
went down to the track and noticed they have the bull dozers there .
so went on line and had a gander at the plans , looks good.

link to page to blow up pic.
http://cyclederby.co.uk/news/news-archive/cycle-derby-received-85-000-to-re-design-improve-the-bmx-track-in-alvaston-park2

Flying_fox

Re: derby new race track plans
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14 PM »
After tendering to three quality track builders we have opted to use Jason Carpenter who has years or skill, knowledge and an impressive portfolio of previously designed tracks.  He has already provided us with conceptual plans and precise area measurements.

For those that don't know, he's the dragon downhill bloke who built Tredegar race track and the wrexham play track every one raves about.

The layout still looks more or less the same shape as before, just loads more jumps, which is what was needed. Cool, I'm looking forward to going there when it's finished and having a go.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26 PM »
been meaning to get over to derby track for ages! all the more reason to go now.

though that track looks tiring, was tiring before but now i think its longer, if i'm correct haven't they took out the s bend to make that middle straight?!

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Great to see another track being revived.

That looks like a track for the fit people  :shocked:

dazza

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40 PM »
been meaning to get over to derby track for ages! all the more reason to go now.

though that track looks tiring, was tiring before but now i think its longer, if i'm correct haven't they took out the s bend to make that middle straight?!
yep the have taken the s out . cant wait until its finished as i was checking out an alternative track it was crap :tickedoff:,so its down to the next one tomorrow to see if its any better.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19 AM »
cool another track to go look at  :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:08 PM »

How long is that track!!!!!! It's huge.

And errr....whats a pump track?

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:28 PM »

A small/play track which doesn't require much/any pedalling.  Good for practising pumping on.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 02:32 PM »

A small/play track which doesn't require much/any pedalling.  Good for practising pumping on.

That would be perfect for O/S racing  ;D
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Had a ride past there yesterday as it's only a mile from my home, to see what was going on and took these ropey pictures.  They have got the three berms in place, two of the originals are still being used anyway. I wonder if they are going to make the start hill higher, I always thought it was not steep enough to get much speed up on. The plans for the new track look great, a vast improvement. Hopefully they will be able to somehow keep the chavs on stolen motorbikes and scooters off it! I will take some more pics in a few weeks when there has been more progress......

dazza

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Had a ride past there yesterday as it's only a mile from my home, to see what was going on and took these ropey pictures.  They have got the three berms in place, two of the originals are still being used anyway. I wonder if they are going to make the start hill higher, I always thought it was not steep enough to get much speed up on. The plans for the new track look great, a vast improvement. Hopefully they will be able to somehow keep the chavs on stolen motorbikes and scooters off it! I will take some more pics in a few weeks when there has been more progress......

according to the plans they are putting a four foot fence around it.

Flying_fox

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 09:10 AM »
. I wonder if they are going to make the start hill higher, I always thought it was not steep enough to get much speed up on. ..............

I didn't have a problem with the hight of the starthill, if I remember correctly it was bigger and MK's and Peterborough's, I didn't have any problem getting the speed to jump the first doubles that were there. It was the condition of the concrete sart pad and the gate that I thought was dodgy when I went there a few years ago. I'm sure it'll all be lovley when it's finished. :)

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 09:44 AM »
. I wonder if they are going to make the start hill higher, I always thought it was not steep enough to get much speed up on. ..............

I didn't have a problem with the hight of the starthill, if I remember correctly it was bigger and MK's and Peterborough's, I didn't have any problem getting the speed to jump the first doubles that were there. It was the condition of the concrete sart pad and the gate that I thought was dodgy when I went there a few years ago. I'm sure it'll all be lovley when it's finished. :)

It must be just me then and my less than (putting it mildy) perfect fitness!  ;D

Can't wait to see it finished and then be able to go and watch the racing, practically on my doorstep!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  derby new race track plans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx