gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 01:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any RADBMXers at Preston Gate Practice tonight?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any RADBMXers at Preston Gate Practice tonight?  (Read 455 times)

moley

Any RADBMXers at Preston Gate Practice tonight?
« on: May 06, 2008, 01:07 PM »
I'm thinking of going.

I need the practice because I'm CRAP!!!!!  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Any RADBMXers at Preston Gate Practice tonight?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:10 PM »
 :) Can`t make it,but am having a nibble round Heywood.I also keep walking round singing Turbo Lover by Judas Priest,but change the words to latex lover,but that`s another story.....

moley

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Well I went to Preston and signed up to be a member.

I went along with a workmate who fancied a go.

He said I haven't been on a BMX since I was a kid!!!

He also said I have never been around a track before or gone over any jumps!!!

I said 'Take it easy and just get around the track.  Dont go full on and ride the jumps, don't jump 'em"

Anyway he started off Slow then sprinted over the small teeny speed jump and then just before he got to the first jump he collapsed in a heap.

I thought 'Crap' but he got up and rode up the first jump.  He stopped and turned around and came back to the start gate.

I asked him if he was alright which he said he was.

Then I PMSL. 

I said I thought I told you to take it easy and just plod around the track.

He said I didn't want to get shown up with all the people around so he went for it.

I said falling on the flat between two jumps right in front of the start gate with loads of people standing by is far more embarrassing than plodding around the track!!!

Anyway,  I got 3 laps out of it before he decided he wanted to go home.

Total Injuries :- 
Graze to shoulder with a good size groove in it (probably caused by stone)
Graze to ankle with a weird round shape to it?
Sprained wrist which he was whinging about on the way home (shouldn't be broken)

I really don't think he'll be racing OS this year or any year for that matter!!!

proclass35

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:06 AM »
I was operating the gate at the time Moley, and I know it's cruel, but your mate's fall was truly hilarious. I was biting my lip trying not to laugh because I could tell it was his first time and he looked in pain..but like you say, being high-sided on the flat is an odd way to go down!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:26 AM »
I was operating the gate at the time Moley, and I know it's cruel, but your mate's fall was truly hilarious. I was biting my lip trying not to laugh because I could tell it was his first time and he looked in pain..but like you say, being high-sided on the flat is an odd way to go down!

So I take it he doesn't need any tips from me then  ???

;D

Sounds like he's got his shit totally down , he could make a good Gladiator  ;)

and Jamie ,
'shame on you '
 >:D

moley

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:01 AM »
That lad hasn't turned up to work yet!!!

I heard on another thread that Bof took a fall.

Is he alright?

moley

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 01:02 PM »
I can't stop laughing today!!!

He's still whinging about his wrist.

His shoulder is pretty scabby

and

he has a nice imprint of my 3pc Haro Crank arm on side of his shin

A round mark and 2 parallel lines running across his shin.

He's been complaining about sleep depravation.

Sleeping on one side his shoulder hurts and the other side his wrist!!!!

It not fun to be laughed at but he'll get his own back when I take a tumble!!!  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 01:08 PM »
 :) Any pics/vids? ......I`m feeling evil!

moley

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Unfortunately, NO!!!

It was a koadk moment though!!

He's still whining now!!!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 03:29 PM »
 :) Tell him Deep Heat is great for cuts/grazes...

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 04:25 PM »
I feel for him I still have no idea how I crashed on the start hill  :Aresehole: but jeez my knee hurts I havent slept properly since cos I keeping rolling on it in the night and the scab keeps sticking to the knee of my trousers  :'(

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 04:33 PM »
[quote author=R Al link=topic=61521I feel for him I still have no idea how I crashed on the start hill  :Aresehole: but jeez my knee hurts I havent slept properly since cos I keeping rolling on it in the night and the scab keeps sticking to the knee of my trousers  :'(]

First dib dobs on the scab when it comes off!

proclass35

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 06:03 PM »
That lad hasn't turned up to work yet!!!

I heard on another thread that Bof took a fall.

Is he alright?
I think Bof's alright, he took a tumble jumping the pro-section whilst fending off  bunch of 4x ers. He got up and kicked their arses in the final to preserve BMX pride :daumenhoch:
He was  actually stood near me when your mate went down like a bag of spanners, and it was a look he gave me that set me off laughing...so I reckon the fall he took could have been something to do with bad Karma. I don't know what I'm in for, but it was worth it. I think the 13" top tube length was a bit short for your mate's 6'2" frame...
Anyway Moley, if you want to go quicker round a track, get up against your garden wall and get both feet on your pedals. I bet it takes you less than an hour to crack it. You'll always be last out of the gate with a one-footed start- and thats a bloody hard position to recover from in less than a minute. Once you're out of the gate and you can't pedal (over jumps and rhythm sections), use your arms to 'pump' the bike- the last two straights at Preston are ideal for this. Just beginners advice from a not-very-good rider, but I bet it'll make a difference :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I think my haro's a 13.5" TT!!! ;)

Yeah, I need to improve my starts and get used to people riding next to me.   I tend to let everyone get out in front and then try and catch 'em up.  It isn't working!!!

Trouble is I can go a bit squirrelly over the jumps, so I'm scared of taking the rest of the field out.

I signed up for Preston (Unless they just nicked my money.  It wasn't a proper form, just some paper they told me to scribble on!!! :LolLolLolLol:),  so I should be down next  Tuesday if I can make it.

Glad to here Bof is okay!!

I'll try and get some Balancing practice in as well for those two footed starts!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any RADBMXers at Preston Gate Practice tonight?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx