gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 02:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New Ride Arrival :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Ride Arrival :)  (Read 3493 times)

Old_Skool71

New Ride Arrival :)
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:01 AM »
My mate got his Condor PL1 yesterday and i got my spanking new Hoffman Dekko AL this morning, 24 hours later than expected but just in time for the weekend, what a sweet looking bike, just got the brakes left to hook up and then it will be time to fall off it many times  ;D i wonder how many kids are going to point and laugh at the two old codgers riding sweet new Hoffmans this weekend? :LolLolLolLol:

scooby74

Re: New Ride Arrival :)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:31 AM »
sounds cool  :daumenhoch:
Wear a helmet tho, I was out with a mate of mine on monday and he ended up with 9 stitches in his forehead after coming off his bike at the local skate park  ;)

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:36 AM »
 :4_17_5: its great when things turn up before the weekend  :daumenhoch:  enjoy mate  :)

Old_Skool71

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:39 PM »
sounds cool  :daumenhoch:
Wear a helmet tho, I was out with a mate of mine on monday and he ended up with 9 stitches in his forehead after coming off his bike at the local skate park  ;)

Yeah, i never thought about that when i ordered the bike, gonna order a full set of protection over the weekend, this weekend is just gonna be spent re-learning how to ride again so there will be no heroics like the old days, well...not for the first couple of hours anyway  ;D

I have just been out a quick blast on it and it's such a wicked bike, i hope these old bones can handle it :LolLolLolLol:

scooby74

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:01 PM »
hahaha cool, no heroics - thats what we thought  :LolLolLolLol:
You'll have a cracking weekend, we've been having a blast giving the ramps a go - and yes, the local teenage skateboarders do give us funny looks at first, but they are always popping over for a chat and to see why we are riding etc  :daumenhoch:

Old_Skool71

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:13 PM »

Just back from an afternoon at the skate park, damn it was fun, damn i'm sore now, and damn i'm knackered, here's a quick pic of the best thing i could manage, not bad seeing as it's been 20 years since i have been on a ramp, i did crash quite a few times and iv'e got no safety gear at the moment so it frickin hurt....aw well...no pain no gain, the sorest part is my ankle, i broke it last October and it's still pretty tender, everytime i landed hard i thought it was gonna break again, it was worth every twinge though, what a buzz it was :daumenhoch:

There were only a couple of kids there and me and my mate were way better than them so on our first day in 20 years we picked up some respect instead of muffled sniggers ;D so if i can manage to raise these sore bones from bed tomorrow i'll be back there again :coolsmiley:

L8ter
Andrew

adam01

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Andrew

excellent well done and great picture , any close ups on the new bike :4_17_5:

Adam

M5AT

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Class pic, just been out mi sen in the first time in 20 years on an old school haro I bought off Del, went to the local park & thought I'd rip it up, all I managed to dto was fook me elbow!... & a few endos.

But I'll be back......

teamsano

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 09:11 PM »
great to hear you still get the buzz, and jumping hips like that after 20 years is not too shabby! :daumenhoch:

Old_Skool71

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Thanks guys, i actually surprised myself with what i could still do, just basic stuff for now, managed some no footed pop outs etc, had a total blast, my old bones are paying for it now, also it's only 11pm and i'm fit for bed, i'm knackered...must be getting old..lol

I'll take a couple of pics of the new bike tomorrow and post them.

L8ter
Andrew

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:38 PM »
great to hear you still get the buzz, and jumping hips like that after 20 years is not too shabby! :daumenhoch:

According to Andy Burke, it's good to still HAVE hips after 20 years....

Old_Skool71

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 12:51 PM »
A couple pics of my new baby, 2008 Hoffman Dekko :)

This is my mates new 2006 Condor PL1

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:39 AM »
That Dekko looks sweet.

Where the fook have the cables gone from the Condor?!

Old_Skool71

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Haha....i took that pic before the bike was finished being built, both bikes got delivered to my house and i built up my mates bike aswell as mine, he was at work so i took that pic to send to him.

The Dekko is a wicked bike, the Condor is a great bike aswell but i actually find the Dekko a much better ride, that surprised me as the Condor is a better spec bike.

Andrew :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Great stall on the fence dude  :LolLolLolLol:

Nice to see another old git back in the saddle - good on yer mate!

Keep it up.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Old_Skool71

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Haha...that's what my missus said aswell, she thought i was on the back fence.....stoopid woman :LolLolLolLol:

It's great to be back in the saddle, but i'm not going back to the ramps until my safety gear arrives  ;D

Andrew :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 02:33 PM »

I love a Hoffman...here is mine from last year

2007 Loyalty F&F...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New Ride Arrival :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx