gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Amazing First day at the new skatepark- complete with old school heros!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Amazing First day at the new skatepark- complete with old school heros!!  (Read 2721 times)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Some of you may remember I recently posted a link to a new Mega-Skatepark which has just been built in San Jose in Northern California The park looked amazing. Some of the bowls are about 15 ft deep with over a foot of vert. There is a full pipe , the lot. The video doesn't really give the size of the transitions justice, but its big. Even better news was that they were allowing bikes for 2 hour sessions 3 times a week. The park opened around 2 weeks ago for skaters, but yesterday was the first BMX session.   

The excitement from the riders started to show the minute they drew up in the carpark. It was reminiscent of a  5 year old on speed on  Christmas morning. Its not everyday the biggest baddest skatepark in California opens. Not only that, but the opening attracted  a few of the biggest legends in BMX.

I took a video camera.. and what a day it was....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5406825251292170425

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

zed4130

that was great mate, amazing park   :4_17_5:  loved the road trip before aswell, well recorded   :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Great vid dude....Ron W still riding well I see.

I never thought I'd see the day that Pipeline was either equaled or bettered and that time has come - you lucky fooker! I'm jealous as fook!

Stay rad mate.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

fooking quality ross, did you cover wilkinsons bike in rad stickers ? i sure i heard you piss your pants at one point, did you say we was coming over next year ?

dodgydave

class ross mate ..looks mint ..

jackel

makes you wonder even more what we,re doing in this shit hole of a country that looks superb jealousy kicked in :daumenhoch:

lodge

Cool vid ross, looks like your living the dream out there nice one, a little different from the nithsdale bmx club days eh.

yoda

Great vid man looked like everyone was enjoying that session.. cheers for sharing Ross  :daumenhoch:

Longun

You lucky, lucky, lucky bar-steward. Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it. Thanks loads for sharing .

DR VINOAH

bang on :coolsmiley:

andy619

Awesome video Ross.  We will be making a roadtrip to that park this summer.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Fantastic.  :daumenhoch:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

fooking quality ross, did you cover wilkinsons bike in rad stickers ? i sure i heard you piss your pants at one point, did you say we was coming over next year ?

that would be something huh?  Radbmx Old fools road trip to California??? Hmmmm.  good idea.

It was quiet on the Video, but I hope you heard  Maurice Meyer saying  he wanted to be at ROM with Billy Stupple and the boys. :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

that would be something huh?  Radbmx Old fools road trip to California??? Hmmmm.  good idea.

It was quiet on the Video, but I hope you heard  Maurice Meyer saying  he wanted to be at ROM with Billy Stupple and the boys. :)

LMAO...watching bill at rom the other week was quality. we all followed him around the park like it was 1983. hopefully the billy stupple world tour will go to california one day

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Ross, that is just awesome that you captured that day!  I was just grinning through the whole thing.  Legal parks for bikes in our area is a rare thing so that park opening up to us is a HUGE step forward for this legally uptight area.  I still hope to someday leave my house on nothing but a bike and ride to a park, session all day then ride home.  I rode my first park (on a skateboard) nearly exactly 30 years ago and it's just so hard to believe that SF still doesn't have one open to us.

Yeah, bring that OS UK mugs tour over here.  If it wasn't for the family obligations I'd have been out there already surfing your couches and riding your parks and streets!

Ross, next assignment is the Vander memorial ride in SF sometime in October.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:

Speechless Ross.

That looks fecking awesome and so brilliantly captured.

What a day.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
great vid of an awesome looking place  :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
What a brilliant video, must have been awesome seeing the legends there, even if Wilkerson did look like teen wolf :LolLolLolLol:

QuadPaul

Park looks shit  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Looks like a RAD sessions and cool to see Ron on a bike still rocking the place!!! :4_17_5:

BOBLAMBO

smooth looking park,great vid , do they sell food there?

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
 Thanks for the comments.

Steve, yes this place is certainly bigger and better than the Town hall Nithsdale BMX days in 1886, when we had 2  5ft wide "ramps".  ive never ridden much concrete before, but  some of these trannys are huge. I tired to air/180, but I'm getting about the same distance from the coping as Wilkerson, except in the other direction. ( below). There's too much vert for me-(not that i can air much anyway,) but there is smaller bowls as well.

Bob. no food at the skatepark, but there  should be close by.  The skatepark is in a Park with Raging waters,  yauchting etc so i guess it has all the ammenities.

Andy. yeah, definetely make a road trip up here. A king of the skateparks would be great. I was joking with Hugo Gonzales, that he should try a 360 flyout over the fence - just like the old days..

Steve Shindig

That vid made me feel really good, Thanks for posting.  Did I spy Cameron Birdwell there?  kin' legend!

Lee Shurey

That looks fooking superb will defo give it a visit when i go to LA in September  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
that must have been the most sureal experiance, hugo and ron together in 08 ???

quality mate, really enjoyed that vid,  mad is the only word :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Great bit of video there Ross, that park looks fantastic  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Amazing First day at the new skatepark- complete with old school heros!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx