gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  blyther fiola Itson and gonzalez, recent pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: blyther fiola Itson and gonzalez, recent pics  (Read 11671 times)

welsh denny

Re: blyther fiola Itson and gonzalez, recent pics
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 10:13 PM »
and i did hear back then that Blyther had stopped riding... to become a police man,  maybe he'd just stopped riding the contests back then??

Yep...I'll second that Dave as I heard that too. But as you say he could have just stopped riding comps/shows etc.

Either way it's still cool to see em riding again and having the same passion that we all have for the sport. It's also well documented that I'm a big admirer of MD and to see him riding again would make my year. Some body give him a bike to ride FFS!

Always love to see that fakie pic of Dominguez - that's just insane for a fakie! And he used to do it with a freewheel too  :shocked:

Lets get up a petition to get him back on a bike.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

didn't brian break his neck a few years back? the gold woody hutch was being auctioned off to help with the 100,000 dollar medical bills as his insurance lapsed a few days earlier.

as for dominguez the video was Bully- slow ride - back around 1990. seemed a bit out of it if my memory serves me right.

lodge

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Yip thats the one Denny , he still managed to pull a few 540's

macky

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Yeah, apparently. I was told by Rad member Obbie he'd broke his neck doing a backflip ( not on a bike, on his feet ) !!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Fiola was working as a TV stuntman for a while I'm sure. Doing the MTB stunts for an american show that was like a cross between Baywatch and Chips on MTBs?

I'm sure I read that in an interview back in the 90s somewhere.

Old_Skool71

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Fiola was working as a TV stuntman for a while I'm sure. Doing the MTB stunts for an american show that was like a cross between Baywatch and Chips on MTBs?

I have Eddie Fiola on my Myspace friends, and yeah he does work as a stunt man, if you take a look in his pics section you can see that he has been working on the forthcoming Halo 3 movie.

http://www.myspace.com/edwardfiola

:wtf: Can't believe Mike Dominguez is bikeless, thats just wrong on so many levels, we should bake some cakes and set up a stall somewhere to raise enough money so we can buy this legend a new ride :LolLolLolLol:

L8ter
Andrew

macky

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 11:10 PM »

Hoffman bikes were supposed to be hooking Mike up with a bike few years back...

dont know what happened like... ??  :-\

welsh denny

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 11:16 PM »

was it Pacific blue? think that is what it was called. one of the women on it was fit back then, but not so now- she had a series on mtv with her husband - the heavily tatooed one off blink 182. just come to - The Barkers it was called.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Yeah...Eddie's done loads of stunt work and it's been mentioned before but he'd make an excellent stunt double for Tom Cruise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0278397/

And go on then here's mine too......always happy to do some shameless self promotion  ;D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2721115/

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 11:25 PM »
You're such a cheap slut   ;D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 11:34 PM »
You're such a cheap slut   ;D

Fook it.....I've earnt it  :P
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Old_Skool71

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 11:47 PM »
Yeah...Eddie's done loads of stunt work and it's been mentioned before but he'd make an excellent stunt double for Tom Cruise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0278397/

And go on then here's mine too......always happy to do some shameless self promotion  ;D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2721115/

Had a quick look at your imdb profile, so David Slade of 80's bmx fame is now David Slade of bloody good vampire movie fame?, i never knew that, it's got me wondering, have any other old schoolers gone on to fame and fortune outside of bmx??

L8ter
Andrew

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Andy Ruffell.  But I'm guessing you already knew that?

Old_Skool71

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Andy Ruffell.  But I'm guessing you already knew that?

No actually i didnt, i have seen his website but never really paid much attention to it, while i have never really been that far away from a bmx bike i have been away from the scene for 20 years so i'm pretty clueless to what all the old brigade are up to now, only this last week have i been googling the old names to find out what they are doing, and i tell whats really bummed me out is finding out that a few have died, i found out last year that Scott Carroll had died during a random conversation about bmx with a stranger in a local pub, turns out the guy knew Scott and told me he had commited suicide, yesterday i find out that Pepi Winder died and tonight i read that Neil Ruffell has also died :(

Just had a read of Andy Ruffell's bio, seems he's done alright for himself, he's probably still a twat though, he used to bug the crap outta me when he was on tv, he's was to bmx presenting what jamie oliver is to tv chefs....a right annoying **nt that you wanna give a slap to  ;D

andy619

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Dominguez rode Santa Monica skatepark last night, finally!  Now he has several bikes sent to him by Hoffman and Wilkerson.  Word has it he was pulling fully clicked look backs, x-ups and other variations :daumenhoch:

macky

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 09:08 PM »

No way!! Thats Amazing!!!  ;D

Love to see some pics of that!!!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Pics pics pics pics pics please.......NOW!

Daz.  ;)

RADHAB

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2008, 01:28 AM »
So where's the fukcing pictures mate????? nuvver load of bollux that we have come to expect.......Cheers for nothing, 3 pages in a thread based on fukc all!

andy619

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2008, 03:41 AM »
So where's the fukcing pictures mate????? nuvver load of bollux that we have come to expect.......Cheers for nothing, 3 pages in a thread based on fukc all!

sorry steve, can't take pics if I wasn't there.  I will refrain from posting such nonsense without pictures ::)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Hehehehe.................  Another poor soul falls foul of the wrath of a late night Radhab....  :D ;D

magna13

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2008, 11:29 AM »
love that pic of hugo, he got guts to do it on a brakeless bike!!

magna13

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 11:32 AM »
check out the pic of blyther and look at those two guys sat on their bikes together, one of them is on a Quadangle!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  blyther fiola Itson and gonzalez, recent pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx