gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  a couple more lost tracks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: a couple more lost tracks  (Read 2482 times)

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
a couple more lost tracks
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:06 PM »
heres some pics of basingstoke o/s track and a small track in eastleigh near southampton :'(

British race frames and race clothing wanted

zed4130

Re: a couple more lost tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 09:11 PM »
another sad site phill,  :-\  i still enjoy riding the old panthers track, but its getting worse , soon all the old ones will be lost,  :'(

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:18 PM »
i know what you mean paul its real sad to see them like this :'(
British race frames and race clothing wanted

dal1

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 10:24 PM »
the first one looks like it could be saved with time effort and a bit of money.

se bikes

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 08:43 AM »
We were looking at possibly getting the Brettons (Romford) track up and running, had a scout round last year but the scorpions on the track put me off   :shocked: :shocked:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 08:54 AM »
i think you should call in the time team  .sad site but lots of memories attached to them pair i bet.

Broggie

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Seems odd to me, the state of some of them that is...its not like BMX racing was all that long ago really...

Ray.

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Seems odd to me, the state of some of them that is...its not like BMX racing was all that long ago really...

Ray.

the poole panthers track closed because of the lizards  :-\  i recently spoke to geof of the bournemouth bmx club, he said he has tried many times, but it wont happen  :-\  i think its ashame, as the goverment goes on about asbo's etc, and the kids say they have nothing to do, they spend 40-50k on out door sk8 parks, but it rains alot, plus the ramps are metal  ??? so why not put some funds into these old tracks, the panthers has a huge estate next to it, ive spoke to many of the kids, they would love to have a go at racing, i mean poss with bmx going into the olympics, might help  :-\ or a nice indoor park  ;)

paul

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:18 PM »
i'm sure i raced at the basingstoke track, where they called the Eagles or 210 Eagles or something??

phil, is the track at Lordshill still there? it was next a learner driving track

the poole track was one of my favorites, real fast downhill :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:27 PM »
i'm sure i raced at the basingstoke track, where they called the Eagles or 210 Eagles or something??

phil, is the track at Lordshill still there? it was next a learner driving track

the poole track was one of my favorites, real fast downhill :daumenhoch:

its not that fast now rich  :LolLolLolLol:  you need a bucket and spade on the 2nd berm   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 05:51 PM »

Yep, Lordshill is still there mate, when i last saw it the locals were riding Motocross bikes round it.

Very very long track that was, i won my first race there bitd and was promptly sick straight after it, talk about busting a gut.

It's only about 10 mins from my house, should really take my son there but you never know if you'll get mugged there or not. Not a very desirable place to live.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:57 PM »
210 Eagles was the track by the river in Reading,still there but as usual very overgrown.

thecrooch

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 04:30 PM »

Ray.

the poole panthers track closed because of the lizards  :-\  i recently spoke to geof of the bournemouth bmx club, he said he has tried many times, but it wont happen  :-\  i think its ashame, as the goverment goes on about asbo's etc, and the kids say they have nothing to do, they spend 40-50k on out door sk8 parks, but it rains alot, plus the ramps are metal  ??? so why not put some funds into these old tracks, the panthers has a huge estate next to it, ive spoke to many of the kids, they would love to have a go at racing, i mean poss with bmx going into the olympics, might help  :-\ or a nice indoor park  ;)

paul

Speaking as one of 6-10 dedicated fools that have been turning up at Woodham Warriors track every saturday for the last 6 months i can confirm that a lot can grow in 15 years!!!

Flying_fox

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:38 PM »

Ray.

paul

Bloody lizards, our plans to renovate the old Aylesbury track has hit the rails because of them finding grass snakes when they did an enviromental survey. At the moment we're in talks for a new site.....

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53 AM »

Ray.

paul

Bloody lizards, our plans to renovate the old Aylesbury track has hit the rails because of them finding grass snakes when they did an enviromental survey. At the moment we're in talks for a new site.....

That is out next worry Miles - we did find a couple of dodgy looking lizards last weekend - but they were 'encouraged to move on!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  a couple more lost tracks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx