gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New skatepark - Surrey
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New skatepark - Surrey  (Read 1517 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
New skatepark - Surrey
« on: May 01, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I'll stick this in here as the Parks, Tracks and Gatherings section has been bastardised.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a brand new park, or an older park recently refurbished, but I saw some chaps the other week fitting the final layer to a park in Bletchingley, Surrey.  Right on the main road, next to the recycling centre.

I had a look today. It's the size of a tennis court, all wooden with a smallish jumpbox with a pussy rollover landing, vert wall, a couple of mellowish 1/4s at either end and a big spine/volcano combo in the middle. I'd say the spine is very nearly 6ft high and not very wide, so the novices amongst us are gonna struggle to get over it I'd say.

Fun to be had on the jumpbox though, very unintimidating  ;)

There's a subbox section at one end too, for the nibblers  :)

Free to ride by the looks of it, and hardly used either judging by the marks I could see.  Take a broom though, it's fcuking filthy. Well worth a visit if you're in that area.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: New skatepark - Surrey
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 07:17 AM »
be there ages rob , the owner is a nice guy and seriously rad as well , if you look through the forest that next to it there trails in there as well ,when we last saw him he was going on about resurfacing it
no1stuntmaster on instagram

evamedia

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Rode there briefly a couple of weeks ago, it's been resurfaced. Quite weird to ride as spine is about 8ft next too a large volcano that's 8ft wide. Far too much thinking for me, nice bunch down there though.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of those 'shared' transistion deals unless they're massive. I'd get meself in a right old pickle!  Still, nice to see a council park that actually looks like a skatepark for a change - there's still way too much crap being built.

evamedia

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32 PM »
Riders said they raised £10k themselves so they can have input, good on them

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:54 PM »
The skaterham locals really rate it, me and Trill were on our way there a few weeks back but it pissed down  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New skatepark - Surrey

gfxgfx
gfx gfx