gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May  (Read 3880 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:32 PM »
SOUTH Region BMX Series Round 3 – Herne Bay - 11th May

East Kent BMX is proud to be hosting our first race, which will be round 3 of the SOUTH regional series on May 11th.  It will be on our brand new track built by Phil “Hudu” Charnley, which has had nothing but good praise by everyone who has ridden it so far.  Seven straights of pure jump and berm radness. Come along and get rad!

Event Info
Registration: 09.30am-11.00am (no late registrations accepted) - Racing starts: 12.30pm approx
Race Fees: Novice £5 - Expert £10 (2nd class is additional £6, eg. Expert & Cruiser or Cruiser and OS)
All Expert riders will need a minimum BC Bronze Licence to compete.  We would also encourage all riders to get a British Cycling membership.

The track is on Ford Road, Broomfield, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 7AD.  It’s only 2mins from A299 (main dual carriage way after M2) and will be sign posted.  Please Note: The car park is yet to be tested to full capacity, so please could you assist us by parking as sensibly as possible.

For more info please keep an eye on http://www.eastkentbmx.co.uk or email us on eastkentbmx@hotmail.com.
Hope to see you all at one of the raddest tracks in the UK.

Also, we have our official opening day on 4th May from 2pm, it’s mainly for local interest to show the local community what BMX racing is about.  We plan to run a few demo races and maybe a few fun races. Please feel free to come along to get a sneaky practice before the regional.

Humps

Rooonga

Re: Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 11:37 PM »
I'll be there for the regional, and I'll see if I can get an extra pass for the 4th too.

:D

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:39 PM »
gotta bad feeling about the 11th and me having to be some where thats not Herne Bay    >:(
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55 PM »
I really fancy doing 2 classes again, but after BADBMX giving me moto's only 3 races apart I doubt I'll manage it.

Prob gonna stick with the 40+ for now.

(Once I've qualified for the brits might have a little more fun with the old boys! ;)  )

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Rooonga, once you've ridden the rollercoaster that is Herne Bay you'll be better placed to decide if two relatively close races are a good idea, but until then I'd hold the thought.  Be good to see you on 4th if you can make it otherwise see you on 11th. 

As for KDW,  :2gunsfiring_v1: sort yourself out Kev.  This meeting is probably the most fun you'll have without taking your clothes off!!  You've just GOT to be there!!

Should be a very interesting inaugural meeting and can't wait to watch you guys railing the berms eight at a time.  May the fittest man, or woman, on the day win.  Masters will be interesting with local RussP having track advantage but there's a few others to give him a run. 

Anyone else up for the challenge at this new track??  20 years since Herne Bay last saw top-class racing, so you've just got to be there!! 

Humps

hudu

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:27 PM »
It's a long way from Rochdale, but pencil me in.  :)

Dunno if I could make a full lap though, maybe I'll do some marshalling.   :knuppel2:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Ill be there!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:15 PM »
You bringing the oxygen Hudu?

I'll pop along i 'spect  :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I'm planning on being there on the 4th and the 11th.

Looking forward to seeing Hudu on the 11th as well  :daumenhoch:

QuadPaul

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I'll defo be there on the 11th :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:52 PM »
It's a long way from Rochdale, but pencil me in.  :)

Dunno if I could make a full lap though, maybe I'll do some marshalling.   :knuppel2:

Oh I suppose you'll be welcome, as long as you don't bring ferrets with you.   ;) I could use some quality marshals though, so I'll have some flags with your name on Phil.  Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 06:35 PM »
I'll be there humpsy  :daumenhoch:

hooga1975

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I have been looking forward to riding Herne Bay for ages, it is going to be a real blast :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 07:34 PM »
How far is it from the beach/sea front as I should be able to come if Cazbo and the kids can go to the beach ::)

oldskoolsux

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 07:46 PM »
How far is it from the beach/sea front as I should be able to come if Cazbo and the kids can go to the beach ::)

about a 5min drive, you can see the sea from the track

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21 PM »

about a 5min drive, you can see the sea from the track

Sweet - ill bring me knotted hankie!

eloopnai

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:26 PM »
cant make this one gutted :(

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Humps, what's the itinery for this Sunday (4th)?

I'm definitely gonna come down for the opening day, but is there gonna be gates/racing, or is it just an open day to ride the track?

oldskoolsux

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Were gonna be running gates most of the day, with the occasional demo / fun race thrown in. official opening is at 2pm, with a few councilors/local tv bird doing a few laps.

Twinkle

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Am gonna start praying for better weather for the weekends ........ we now have ruddy hail stones and thunder !!!!!!!!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Am gonna start praying for better weather for the weekends ........ we now have ruddy hail stones and thunder !!!!!!!!

Don't worry Sharon  we've got the BBC South's weathergirl Kaddy Lee Preston opening the event.  If SHE can't organise some decent weather then we're stuffed!!  Kaddy will be riding the track and it will be interesting to see how she adapts to the BMX discipline as she's got a cycling pedigree as per her website at http://www.kaddylp.co.uk/ Humps

diamond dean

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Me and Alfi are coming :fart:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Forecast for this weekend is looking very good http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1560 with only a light breeze.  Should be a great Sunday to officially open the track and I'm sure there will be a few visitors trying to gain a track advantage ahead of the Regional on 11th.  Remember, the target lap time is 39 seconds, set by Lewis Lacey, and if you can't beat my personal best of 61secs then maybe you should go fishing!!   :wink: Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Hey Humps, perhaps we can put on a little time trial comp on Sunday just for fun.  £2 to enter, all proceeds to Stephen Murray Fund.  I'll donate a case of Relentless for the winner.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Nice idea Mike and that might be a plan if Oldskoolsux agrees.  Reckon there ought to be a forfeit though for anyone NOT beating my time.  See you Sunday.  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May

gfxgfx
gfx gfx