gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Aero Reflex
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero Reflex  (Read 450 times)

dannywhiteley

Aero Reflex
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Always intended to get another of these as I had one for my first build (just before xmas), that set me off down this whole road to my current 3 complete bikes (T/A, Streetbeat and Robinson Pro).

Saw one on ebay being sold by Alans, and as I was up in Wigan on Friday for a meeting decided to drop a bid on as I could get a bargain not having to pay postage costs.

Got it for £26...result.  Had a chat with Alan while I was in there, a very nice fellow.  First time i'd been in the shop in my life.

Question is, if there hadnt been that large find of these frame/fork sets a couple of years back, how much would they go for?  And will they ever run out, or are there still loads about?

Not gonna build this one, but for £26 you just cant argue.  What else can you get for that money?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Aero Reflex
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:32 AM »
The old chesnut, if the Aero was a US make then these would be selling for far, far more than they are.  I think they are excellent value and if built up right can look really cool.  As a comparison a Sugino 1 pce crank would cost about £35 now and a pair of silver DC Tech 3 Levers about £25.  Makes them look very, very good value  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:33 PM »
My favourite subject :)
For £26 notes thats a great purchase, remember paying £35 about 2 years ago. I think back in the day they were selling for £125. The reflex was my first re-introduction to oldskool (cos it was cheap) and still remains my favourite build, cue sexy pic!!

Paul :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:02 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Nice, the reflex was also my first build.  Built it over xmas and sold it shortly after to fund my Streetbeat

LOS1969

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:21 PM »
cheap as chips got mine on ebay last week as new £16.99 :daumenhoch:

Voodoocars

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I had one.They are good value 1st time build or just to get that retro look.High quality welds and good chrome.

JT71

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:34 PM »
worth remembering that they are very short and the frame standers are in the way if ou have big feet.

but they do look nice, here's one i built, it's gone now though:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:47 PM »
got mine for 40 quid with post shim,cranks,pedals and brakes.

this is mine been raced at bradford

can't go wrong for the price :daumenhoch:

priv

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Aero Reflex

gfxgfx
gfx gfx