gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bottom bracket assembly bearing question? Dumb
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bottom bracket assembly bearing question? Dumb  (Read 913 times)

ATL

Bottom bracket assembly bearing question? Dumb
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:37 AM »
What way do the bearing go in on the bottom bracket, as my bearing ring has a metal back so the bearings only protrude on one side, does the metal side face out, or face in toward the bottom bracket? Ie face inside the bike?

Sorry guys i should have taken pics as i took the bike apart as iv never done this before!

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Bottom bracket assembly bearing question? Dumb
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:48 AM »
 :) Is it an unsealed US BB? The bearings should go into the cups so that the balls actually protrude /rotate in the cups themselves.Don`t forget plenty of grease will help...

ATL

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53 AM »
I believe its a US, yeah its unsealed. So they go facing inward with the rear of the metal cage on the outside? Against the nut you tighten up? Balls are protruded.....inward yeah got tons of grease it just sounded a bit gratey so i thought id ask.

Lazarou

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:56 AM »

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Put the ball race on the bench or floor. Then get the inner race (the one that screws in on the crank spindle) and place it in/on the bearing. Try it with the bearings both ways up. It will only really work one way, the inner race will just sit on the metal if its upside down.

ATL

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Cheers guys! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bottom bracket assembly bearing question? Dumb

gfxgfx
gfx gfx