gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school/old school quads v nearly finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new school/old school quads v nearly finished  (Read 674 times)

jackel

new school/old school quads v nearly finished
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:36 PM »
just need to get me finger out get front brake on pedals and landing gear stickers and se sticker round post holder then shes there.had the lugs for back brake took off and you cant even see where they where. piccies arent great but when shes finished i,ll get better piccies on :)

i like was going to sell to make room for my gt build but like this one to much :)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: new school/old school quads v nearly finished
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:11 PM »
 :) I have bit of a fetish for white bikes-thats a stunner! Lose the v bars though......

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:11 PM »
i dont like then bars, bar ends angled down, but love the frame and forks,

painted my forks baby blue to match the frame with baby blue haro bars, skyway graffites, shimano DXR bits, looks perfect :smitten:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:13 PM »
:) I have bit of a fetish for white bikes-thats a stunner! Lose the v bars though......

pearl white looks better tho, go on, get it done :daumenhoch:

jackel

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:17 PM »
i was thinking the bars look a bit wierd it was a spare set he had might put a set of peugeot cw bars ive got on :)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 06:23 PM »
i was thinking the bars look a bit wierd it was a spare set he had might put a set of peugeot cw bars ive got on :)

Them bars do look offensive  :LolLolLolLol:.  I'd go for a set of chrome S&M Slam Race Bars, look old school but new school reliability  :daumenhoch:.  White Kashimax MX would look too and less burnerish and more old school if you know what I mean  ;).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 06:25 PM »
 :) White S&M Thin seat perhaps?

jackel

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:28 PM »

Them bars do look offensive  :LolLolLolLol:.  I'd go for a set of chrome S&M Slam Race Bars, look old school but new school reliability  :daumenhoch:.  White Kashimax MX would look too and less burnerish and more old school if you know what I mean  ;).
wish i,d kept me woody itson sig bars now :(

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:12 PM »
alans sells 85ish haro bars that look right, as on my quad, or even the skyway bars would look right without breaking the bank

darkersomeday

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:24 PM »
its a nice build , all good clean work, well thought out too :daumenhoch:

i'm just trying to fathom out where its coming from though ???
the whole idea of a "retro" bike is that it looks O/S but functions as well as a new school bike,
so why on earth did you chop the brake lugs off?
i'll say it out loud here and now, "caliper brakes are utter and complete shite" so why fit one to what is a new school bike?
not being funny like, i'm just baffled!! :daumenhoch:

i can kind of see where you wanted to go, using O/S parts but it was never going to be possible because of the stem!

theyre right about the bars too, they are hideous beyond all belief, the chrome slams would look and work way better, if you have to have a v bar check fly bikes, they do them,

full props for trying something different though dude :daumenhoch:

jackel

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 09:32 PM »
its a nice build , all good clean work, well thought out too :daumenhoch:

i'm just trying to fathom out where its coming from though ???
the whole idea of a "retro" bike is that it looks O/S but functions as well as a new school bike,
so why on earth did you chop the brake lugs off?
i'll say it out loud here and now, "caliper brakes are utter and complete shite" so why fit one to what is a new school bike?
not being funny like, i'm just baffled!! :daumenhoch:

i can kind of see where you wanted to go, using O/S parts but it was never going to be possible because of the stem!

theyre right about the bars too, they are hideous beyond all belief, the chrome slams would look and work way better, if you have to have a v bar check fly bikes, they do them,

full props for trying something different though dude :daumenhoch:

agree with you but trial and error is needed :) calipers will stop me just fine was going to try to get the forks threaded and fit headset etc when i get handlebars on and change a few more bits think i,ll be happier.hated the lugs they just had to go. i know the canti brakes are way better but love the smoother back end without lugs on :) got some nice 48 spoke nos wheels to put on it as well :)

jackel

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 09:58 PM »
right had a couple more beers and looked at the bars and oh my god was i pissed when i picked them there so effin wrong ;D lol
think its gonna be cw pros though to replace them as my all time fave bars.leaving them chrome to break it up a bit :)
anyone else got uglier bars though? i think not what make are they???? what was i thinking ;D

adam01

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:17 PM »
excellent frame

magna13

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Very nice !!, should really pull my finger out and get my Quadangle finished!

billy-bmx

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 11:12 AM »
wheres the new school part??

jackel

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 02:15 PM »
wheres the new school part??
stem,threadless headset,seatpost and seat clamp ooh frame and forks are 2007 as well :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school/old school quads v nearly finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx