gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  HERSDEN TODAY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HERSDEN TODAY  (Read 932 times)

TK The Mic

HERSDEN TODAY
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:30 PM »
14 Old Skool riders took part in round 2 of the series at Hersden. Would have been 15 but for some bad luck for Dean Sansom at the beginning of the day which forced to withdraw.
The meeting format meant that semi finals were the order at the break, so more points than usual were on offer, and Zippy took all five of his races, including the main race, to keep his 100% record at the track in 2008.
Dan Wonfor paid his first visit to East Kent and rode well, to take the second with, Lee A llen getting the A final third , which takes him to second in the series behind Zippy.
Next meeting at Hersden is on Sunday June 8th, with pre reg for Old Skool now open.

TK the mic

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: HERSDEN TODAY
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Big props to TK, Justin and Terry and their band of helpers for yet another top day of fun at Hersden.  Lots of smiling faces.  Hope the Bexhill lads who went down in the Final aren't too bad though I know they both went to hospital on their way home.  Best bit of the day had to be my James bundling Sam Wonfor over the second berm in the cruiser final.  Just a shame he slipped his pedals shortly afterwards.  And I told Sonic there's an established right to last place in any race I'm in!!  Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Poor old dean bashed himself up in gate practice  :crazy2: the poor sods knee looked bloody swollen and painfull  :-\ get some knee pads on next time dean  :daumenhoch:

hooga1975

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Today was another great day at Hersden.  There was some classic elbow to elbow racing and loads of laughs and banter.  Seeing Sam being put over the berm by James who is half is age, weight and height was worth the trip down there alone. 

Thanks TK, Justin and Terry for today, I am looking forward to the next one already.

diamond dean

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Thanks for the concern fellas :LolLolLolLol: sick as a dog that i could not race today, but seeing my Alfi get a 4th in he's A final made my day.
My knee now looks like a tennis ball and full body armour and knee pads will be first things i look for on ebay this week. Hope to be fighting fit for next time.....

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Had a blast today, glad to finally get the quad out on the track and even pick up a medal although at the cost of the two bexhill lads, i hope they are ok, unfortunately collar bones are the easiest part of the body to break when you fall off a bmx.  Me riding into one of them while they were on the ground probably didnt help either...  :( had no where to go unfortunately.

Thats two crashes in two weeks for me and although i may look like an american footballer, but im loving the body armour it doesnt half make you bounce.....

10 races today in two classes (including a run off then straight into a semi!) and loved every second of it...  M2 was even ok on the way home as well!

thanks TK and Justin...  :4_17_5:

sonic-1

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 01:47 AM »
a huge thanks to the guys that worked so hard at hersden today   had such a great time allways do there 
thanks again to yer look forward to the next one
hope yer feelin better dean n not to sore for rest of the week  :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Thanks to all the Hersden crew for another fun days racing. :daumenhoch:

Lil James Humps Vs Nishiki14 was classic, lmfao when sam went rolling over the top of the berm  :2funny: :2funny:

That stack in the masters final looked harsh, both stayed down for  ages, hope you're both not feeling too rough today  :daumenhoch:

Highlight for me was both Josh and Emmanuel jumping both sets of doubles on the 2nd straight, Josh was even xin up and stylin them by the time we were ready to go  :angel:  :smitten:

I hope the numpty who blocked the exit was shocked when they got back to the car, although how you guys stopped Tony putting it down the hill like he wanted i'll never know  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: i got pics of the dastardly deeds and will use em to blackmail him when required  :angel: :angel:

Gutted Tony wasn't on top form today, i'm sure once we've figured out exactly whats causing the current problems he'll be back with a vengeance to whoop Zippy's arse  >:D

Can't wait for the next race in June, hopefully i'll have had the baby by then so i can race...................................

TK, i've got a master sheet on exel that i've created to make things a little easier on the finish line if you want it, pm me your email and i'll send it to you  :daumenhoch:

Not too many pics but what we did take i'll post up tonight  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the pics.  Sounds like you guys had a blast too.  Its a real shame that the Hersden races seem to clash with lots of other races this year as I enjoyed my 2 trips there last year.

What's the remaining dates for this year?

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:41 AM »
next one is 8th June - which i cant make as im in Italy doing silly things on big wheels.... >:( ;D >:(

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 09:59 AM »
8th clashes with Chesterfield national, and that is one of the raddest tracks in the country.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  HERSDEN TODAY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx