gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 06:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ASHAMED and so should you be.........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ASHAMED and so should you be.........  (Read 4090 times)

Shings

Re: ASHAMED and so should you be.........
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 04:34 PM »
I have a suggestion, maybe we could ditcht he shout box and replace it with a rolling banner for the events.

not the racing ones, as the racers already know about those, but things like the novice night and this one that's just gone would be ideal. and everyone would see it.

Theres thinking for ya....

Paul- if and when you sort out Sutton park- I'm there.... as long as the weather is ok as its not somewhere with much shelter if its a shitter..

Jake

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 04:54 PM »
But probably not as insulted as the people who hired vans , lugged bikes and heavy equipment to the middle of suffolk

TBO i am used to it in all aspects of putting on rad events or trying to sell merchandise and i had a good time so if i was a selfish c*unt that all right

but ffs stop moaning about all the aspects of events or merchandise and then not support them
i had given up with tshirts and events due to the constant poor support
so we get a tshirt thread as long as your arm asking for shirts and a " why dont we have more show events " thread

we do both and again we get the support we have always had, fook all

I couldnt give a shite as ultimately its not me that suffers its the site ,and you would have thought i had learnt my lesson ,well its truly learned now

thanks for the support lol

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 05:01 PM »
As long as those that turned up had a good time then that's all that matters.

Not worth getting all shirty over, they are after all just kids bikes.  ;)

JT71

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 05:04 PM »

didn't you nearly go to jail over "kids bikes" ?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

only kidding dude, we know you were innocent. free the zippy one.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Trev

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 05:07 PM »
same problem here.

no matter how much you try and get people out on their bikes, you try and organise a private hire of a park and it's bloody hard work trying to get enough people in to make the costs reasonable.

The Creation session is in the midlands, so shouldn't be that much of a problem to get to for most. I mean there's quite a few of us from the southeast who make a two and a half hour drive there. Getting 30-40 riders (from over 4000 members) has been a nightmare.

I've also now gone into booking Skaterham. It's a smaller venue and cheaper to hire, so don't need as many people to make it work. 20 people is all we need. Even that hasn't completely sold out yet. There's still three places left, although I'm hoping a couple of those places will be taken by a couple of members from up north. just waiting for confirmation.

So why is it so hard to get BMXers together? I just don't get it. All other sort of events seem to attract plenty of people. VW meets always seem to get a good crowd. Motorbike meets. Even Lotus meets get good attendances. Star Trek conventions. The list goes on and on. So why do we struggle??

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 05:15 PM »

didn't you nearly go to jail over "kids bikes" ?

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

only kidding dude, we know you were innocent. free the zippy one.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

They knew they'd never take me alive.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 05:45 PM »
i havent decided what to say yet in depth,but for those who made the effort
i will say i had a good laugh and met some very nice people.
they come from along way and that wont be forgotten.

dan
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:40 PM by harris »

etriedes

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I agree with OSS Queen , these meets need to be advertised better on the site, i only just found out about it 10 mins ago, How about a monthly/fortnightly/weekly news letter been sent to all members reminding them about the events or stuff thats for sale in the rad shop .. I only stumbled across the T-shirts by a mis click of the mouse, otherwise i don't think i would have noticed there was any forsale ... 

So how about a Newsletter ?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Even a global PM would help, but Ive only ever seen 1 of them in 2 years :-\

But as for feeling ashamed!!!! Why??

Bit heavy to dig 4326 members out though, you dont have a clue why they never went, they have nothing to apologise for, unless they said they was going
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 06:34 PM »
i started the thread to ease my own concious (? spelling) i have not picked any individuals out or attacked anyone personally.........i stated that lots of people are in the middle of a race season and therefore goes without saying that they are not going to go.....as the racing takes preference over that.

my point (which i may not have got over very well) was that i had a lazy weekend indoors with the Mrs but if i had put some effort in instead of sitting on my own sorry arse (no one elses!) then i could've made an effort and gone.

if this has insulted you in anyway then it was not meant to......it was purely to highlight the fact that out of over 4000 members i honestly think we only have about 60.

it's allways the same faces that sign up to things and when they have other things on (which we all do.....i'm not stupid) then it's hard to get numbers for things.

looking at this in hinesight (? spelling) then maybe having it as a sticky doesn't help because i often miss things that are right up at the top of the page and miss any new posts on the subject.

i shall shut up now

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 06:39 PM »
TBH Rob, I never took offence at your post, just the higher than though attitude that is sometimes experienced on here

se bikes

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41 PM »
i started the thread to ease my own concious (? spelling) i have not picked any individuals out or attacked anyone personally.........i stated that lots of people are in the middle of a race season and therefore goes without saying that they are not going to go.....as the racing takes preference over that.

my point (which i may not have got over very well) was that i had a lazy weekend indoors with the Mrs but if i had put some effort in instead of sitting on my own sorry arse (no one elses!) then i could've made an effort and gone.

if this has insulted you in anyway then it was not meant to......it was purely to highlight the fact that out of over 4000 members i honestly think we only have about 60.

it's allways the same faces that sign up to things and when they have other things on (which we all do.....i'm not stupid) then it's hard to get numbers for things.

looking at this in hinesight (? spelling) then maybe having it as a sticky doesn't help because i often miss things that are right up at the top of the page and miss any new posts on the subject.

i shall shut up now

Rob,

I understood the sentiment behind your post, we planned to go but due to a decision by Daggers committee changing a race date we were unable to go.  I was more pissed with Rich's reply, i will get back to that in due course once i've stopped throwing darts at his picture  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41 PM »
no worries Tony......you know me mate, i don't like to offend anyone  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 06:42 PM »

i shall shut up now

Rob,

I understood the sentiment behind your post, we planned to go but due to a decision by Daggers committee changing a race date we were unable to go.  I was more pissed with Rich's reply, i will get back to that in due course once i've stopped throwing darts at his picture  :LolLolLolLol:

no worries Nick, like i said i'm a lover not a fighter  :LolLolLolLol:

PK RETRO

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I'm fairly new to the site and I attended this weekends event, although I had nothing to show or shine it was great to meet people and chat about the old bmx days. I'm glad I made the effort I haven't seen a Kuwahara or a GT Performer since 1985.

The organisers of this event had done a great job and the weather wasn't an issue as we were inside with top quality music ( waxin - taxin ) top fella  :daumenhoch:
This hasn't put me off and I will definitely attend future events I just hope the people who organise these events continue to do so  :4_17_5:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2008, 06:47 PM »
no worries Tony......you know me mate, i don't like to offend anyone  :daumenhoch:

Thats cos your a good un :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Ok chap's and chapesses  :daumenhoch:

I went to weekend bash and had a top time  :daumenhoch:

Well done to Dan Harris who made us feel very welcome and a big thankyou to his sister and mum that kept the tea, coffee and ciders flowing  :daumenhoch:

I got up at 4.30, dusted the bikes off from their last outing at xmas, chucked them in the van and drove weary eyed to no man's land.

It was great to meet some new folks, Ian, Scott and Lara and good to see some familiar ones.

It was topped by winning show and shine, I did get 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th !!!!! So the man they call 'Tight Shorts' move over and pass me your crown  ;)

We all had a fantastic chin wag and a good time was had by all ! Well until Rich started to snore anyway  :2funny:

:4_17_5: Dan Harris and those that made it !

Ok - the however part !

Yep I understand commitments - Believe me I have my own - 500 plus miles and 6 hour round trip was a big ask - but ney mind !

Nobody needs to feels insulted and NO fingers are being pointed  ??? Lets face it, it's nonsense to think there are 4,000 members !! In the last 4/5 years I have been a member the most I have seen on site at anyone time is about 250, and it's always the same old people signed on and post !!!

This is our hobby remember and there is no need for any fall out !

If you look at the events it's the same old story - The Xmas bash - Creation Novice Nights - CIN is a struggle for numbers (I should imagine the Old School race scene has issues too)

Similar trend when it comes to T-Shirts (20 orders) ffs

Rad Pads at MK last year - less than 10 sold !

Maybe a new approach is needed to these type of events, I have offered to help in the past and indeed spoken to Rich, Matt, Dave and Dan, maybe we could set up a committee of sorts to look at the advertising of them at least ! I know this can be a thankless task sometimes and a lot of hard work goes into it !

Maybe the likes of enthusiastic chaps like Pickle, Trev , Moley and me can help the site owners and admin out for future events  :daumenhoch:

Anyhow, lets chill out Radsters, we had a fantastic time but lets make sure that the next one is even better  :angel:

Like I said it's our hobby - so lets enjoy what we do and keep the good times rolling !

Nick

SaMAlex

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 06:52 PM »
"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Broggie

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 06:53 PM »
For me, there's two parts...I'm from Romford, but at the weekend I go to my Girlfriends at Sawston Cambridge.  Its not easy for me as I really want to spend every minute I've got with her (thumbprint available for inspection) which was why I couldnt go to Daggers last weekend, apologies to Ratty and OSS Queen.  I'd love to go to meets, well local at least in the evenings during the week.  I'd have popped in to say hi at the show and shine if I had noticed the thread, and now I'm quite sad I missed out...

Ray.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 06:54 PM »
nicely put Nick........and thanks for getting the seat to  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I'm running for PM next year so need your votes  :2funny:

I did try and type it at work but couldn't quite type what I wanted to get across !

Thanks Rob - Ashamed was a tad harsh  :2gunsfiring_v1:   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 07:02 PM »
you got my vote mate  :daumenhoch:

although you were lucky no one brought any decent bikes along........you would've won fook all! 

;)  ;D

eamonn

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 07:51 PM »
i couldnt make this one so never put  my name down

i live in the midlands but travel at least once a month to visit my daughter in Norwich

if ones arranged nearer the summer months the trailer tent will be dusted down

seems like a great set up camping in the pub

hopefully next time  :daumenhoch:

LOS1969

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 08:28 PM »
i woz ere! i miss my sons footy match it was hes last match for the club.oh well meet some top people had some nice food,had a few beers also saw some good looking bikes all while listening to some top tunes.palace beat watford 2-0 too! im not bitter. :)also gave up free tickets to watch northampton v oldham
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:03 AM by LOS1969 »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2008, 08:51 PM »

Rich, Dan - apologies from me too as I've said before.

I think the weather was against you for the weekend, and that kept the crowds away. It was a cracking event last year and would have been champion again if the damn clouds fooked right off.

Tony & Nicky - I think you're being a little hard on Rich...he's a good guy and works hard for this site and the events we hold. It takes a great deal of effort to put these things on, as you guys well know with running the OSS series. Imagine if you put a meet on and no one turned up - you'd be a little pis-sed off too? And you seem to have taken the out-burst personally? I can't see anywhere that Rich was getting at you guys?

Anyhow, as the wise Nick Gashead points out, it's just a hobby...so lets all have a big hug and look forward to MK08!

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ASHAMED and so should you be.........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx