gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Gotcha sponsored pics....1988
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gotcha sponsored pics....1988  (Read 1750 times)

bmxer4ever

Gotcha sponsored pics....1988
« on: April 19, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I was going through some old pics lookin' for a pic of a pedal picker drop in and found these....

1988, sponsored by Gotcha and sent all these pics to the guy that sponsored me.

Top Gun...

Undertaker...

Backwards roparoni...

Anyone remember what these are called?

What's with the skinny leg...?!

Glasgow Garden Festival - me and Marcus Cent ended up doing demos in this wee square...

UKBFA Pro comp, Jack Kane Centre, Edinburgh, 1988....

Pro ramp practice - nice crash after this pic was taken!

G!

lodge

Re: Gotcha sponsored pics....1988
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:38 PM »
more cool pics gary, i loved gotcha bitd had loadsa there tee's.

dan-dare

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Great pics there dude. :daumenhoch:

fraz167

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Great pics...the pic of the Jack Kane centre captures the atmosphere there very well  :LolLolLolLol:

I still have that stripey Gotcha Polo at my mums house in Dunfermline.

CHeers
Fraser

bmxer4ever

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:43 PM »
more cool pics gary, i loved gotcha bitd had loadsa there tee's.

Yeah - they sent me a load of gear - no idea where it all went, think I gave some of the T's to my mum! Cool Jacket too! I've still got some of those triangular stickers....

Trev

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Awesome pics Gary.

Love the Top Guns. I'm trying to think back here, but I think the Top Gun was the only flatland trick that appeared on any of the BMX Beats which I couldn't do. I'm sure I'll think of a few more in a minute.

welsh denny

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 01:51 PM »
pedal picker drop in. f**ck that. balls indeed.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Awesome pics Gary.

Love the Top Guns. I'm trying to think back here, but I think the Top Gun was the only flatland trick that appeared on any of the BMX Beats which I couldn't do. I'm sure I'll think of a few more in a minute.

I have no idea why they were so much harder than a regular backwards bar press, but they were!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 01:52 PM »
pedal picker drop in. f**ck that. balls indeed.

And that's exactly what you rattled when it all went wrong...!!

Trev

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Awesome pics Gary.

I have no idea why they were so much harder than a regular backwards bar press, but they were!

with the bar press / gut lever you'd be leaning on your elbows. with a top gun you needed a lot of strength in your forearms and shoudlers. as well as balance.
i could do gut levers, forwards and backwards but could never do top guns. i guess with gut levers as well you could learn them with your legs low to start with and work on getting them higher. with top guns i guess you had to get your feet up high straightaway.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Fook me Gary...you liked them short didn't you...did you ever take them off?  :LolLolLolLol:

Pedal picker drop in = balls of steel!

Much respect mate, something I've never had the bottle to do!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Fook me Gary...you liked them short didn't you...did you ever take them off:LolLolLolLol:

Pedal picker drop in = balls of steel!

Much respect mate, something I've never had the bottle to do!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

I was sponsored to wear them....... Hence the name of the thread Daz!! Heehee! I used to like to show a bit of leg you know.....!

Only ever dropped in like that on a pipe twice - both times at comps - adrenaline high - Pro ramp practice - Jack Kane Centre and Alfreton UKBFA. Crashed both!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I was sponsored to wear them....... Hence the name of the thread Daz!! Heehee! I used to like to show a bit of leg you know.....!

Point taken Gary  :LolLolLolLol:

You'd have thought they'd have given more than one design though.

I think I remember the one at Alfreton.....if you saw me slam pretty heavy on a 540 then it was the same year if not it was another time but I seam to remember it now.  :-\

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 05:19 PM »

Point taken Gary  :LolLolLolLol:

You'd have thought they'd have given more than one design though.

I think I remember the one at Alfreton.....if you saw me slam pretty heavy on a 540 then it was the same year if not it was another time but I seam to remember it now.  :-\

Daz.

I was wearing full red, black and white Mode3 gear at that comp - slammed the pp dropin, twisted my ankle and that was me out of Pro Ramps. Pity 'cos i was gettin' good airs that day - liked that pipe.

That was the comp I got all stroppy during my flat run, 'cos ramp practice was on and distracting me! Stopped my run and got them to stop the practice - Numpty! What a bawbag! I guess the slam was Karma tellin' me to shut the f@ck up and get on with it!
G

PK6061

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:13 PM »
cool pics m8 :daumenhoch:

Obbie

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 12:03 AM »
Elbow glide was the trick that you'd forgot what it was called dude ....

macky

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 01:23 PM »

Some great pic's there !!  :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Elbow glide was the trick that you'd forgot what it was called dude ....

Elbow glide would be with the foot on the other peg - this was called something else - you do a tailwhip then coast it backwards....
I'm havin' a real hard time remembering old trick names these days!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Gotcha sponsored pics....1988

gfxgfx
gfx gfx