gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 08:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New lid - TSG, Protec, 661? Which one?!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New lid - TSG, Protec, 661? Which one?!!!  (Read 391 times)

garethgeezer

New lid - TSG, Protec, 661? Which one?!!!
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Going to buy a TSG Evolution lid, but before I do.... does anyone have anything bad to say about them? What is the sizing like - my bonce measure just under 57cm so I'm not sure which size to get. Which design or colour would you go for (I like the matt black one as it's just like most of the cars I've owned!!)? Is the TSG Evo the one to get or should I consider good old Protec or the new 661 stuff?
Thanks all :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: New lid - TSG, Protec, 661? Which one?!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:17 PM »
57 is generally regarded as medium, although sizing does vary a wee bit between manufacturers.

Are these all pisspot style lids you're looking at?  If so, they're all equally worthless in my opinion..... sorry!

garethgeezer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Are these all pisspot style lids you're looking at?  If so, they're all equally worthless in my opinion..... sorry!

Yeah mate, 'fraid so. Don't be sorry though, I hear what you're saying and you're damn right. I wear a full-face on my XJR so the thought of an open-face lid is a little scary, but I ride dirt and a bit of street and the full face just seems a bit 'OTT'.... until I fall off I guess, then I'll be wishing I'd listened to ya!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Mate, just wear what you like. At the end of the day, if you prefer that style, then you're more likely to wear it and thats more important overall.  I just have a bit of a soapbox thing about skate lids - pay no attention to me!  :)

moley

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:25 PM »
TSG Evolutions come in Small/Medium and Large/X Large

Each helmet comes with 2 different size padsets  (3 pads for each size.  Front&Side, back&Side, and a top of head Pad)

But the helmets are the same.  Its just the padsets which are different.

Head sizes are 54-56 is Small/Medium and 57-60 is Large/X Large.

I bought a Superlight Helmet in Large/XLarge and it wasn't quite right.

So I just bought a medium padset and I mixed all 3 padsets until I got the correct fit.

I think my bonce is a 56-57 which is borderline Medium - Large.

So dont worry about the sizing.  You can always buy some bigger or smaller pads and when those pads get old and smelly you can always buy replacements.

Small/Medium/Large/XLarge pads are £4.99 for each set. 

Any lid is better than no lid!!! :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54 PM »
 :) Just my humble opinion,but full-face all the way.It`s nice having teeth,even though they are green and full of worms,bits of dogfood etc.......

moley

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:05 AM »
I'm still getting used wearing a lid!!

Not been riding for 20 years.

Been riding my MTB with a MTB style lid and now I'm racing BMX!

Well I call it racing,  its more like an organised bike train with me at the back.

But I did fall off at Bradford and Hunterdubber went flying over the handlebars and also fell off again as well.

Protect your noggin!!

se bikes

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 12:17 AM »
I wouldn't buy a 661, mine fitted lovely when i 1st got it, stretched tho and now need a new lid, 7/8 outings for £100  :-\

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Bell Moto 7 all the way my friend. If it's good enough for supercross then it's good enough for BMX. Very light, very strong and only £90 on eBay.  :daumenhoch:

perry

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 11:08 AM »
your all making out like he should pad up like an imperial storm trooper to nip to the shops  :2funny:

mates back in the day had tsg but when i tried them i found them to be too short and too wide and no my noggin isnt an iffy shape  :knuppel2:

best to get to the local park and grab a kid to try theirs  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New lid - TSG, Protec, 661? Which one?!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx